New Reverse Flash identity theory

#1 Posted by HushoftheWind (987 posts) - - Show Bio

So i was reading Flashpoint for the 2nd time in long time and noticed something that i didnt think about before. In issue 5, Barry was trying to stop his past-self from making the mistake of saving his mother. While doing so Barry threw himself off the time stream path. I looked through the pictures and didnt see any kind of merger between the 2 Barrys. So maybe the new Reverse Flash might be that other Barry that was going back/reverse in time to save his mother. Motivated by rage at not saving his mother, 2nd Barry/Flash or maybe Reverse Flash, is going seek out revenge on current new 52 Barry/Flash.

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21865 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope its still normal reverse flash. I'd rather not have Barry or wally be bad.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13141 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

That actually sounds like a plausible theory OP. Because I'd rage if Wally were to finally make his debut in the new 52 only to be a villain.

#5 Posted by StrangeMan (411 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be ok with that, mainly because if it is Wally or Barry it would be alternate versions of them, not the main Wally and Barry. I could see something like this Reverse Flash being a new take on that Wallace West guy from the 90s and having stories with Wally being afraid of ending up like that, I know it's cliché but it could work. But it's probably gonna be Professor Zoom.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.