New 52 Flash Respect Thread

• 192 results
#1 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

In November 2011, the New 52 and now began a new direction was taken to the superheroes of DC, principally the fastest man alive : Flash.

Let's take a look at the new Flash feats in this new universe:

To see another New 52 Respect Thread,click here:http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/57-10/new-52-respect-threads/92-672946/

Windguts and phasing throught a airplane
Phasing a airplane and his passengers throught a bridge
#2 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio
Racing in the water
Barry has knowledge on engineering,he built the earpiece to allow to hear,while running
Flash's kinetic energy can be used to power up a city
Dampening the fall of a ship,while fighting with Captain Cold
Flash is still able to fight with the enhanced Captain Cold,that now is capable to generate extrem cold field around him instantaneously freeze anything that enter in contact
#3 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the New 52 Flash is pretty awesome. Although I gotta say, reading through those scans from JL really showed how terrible Geoff John's writing has become...

#4 Posted by SpeedBlitzer (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed, he's fantastic. My favourite hero by far.

#5 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: True,he does not know how the personalities of the characters, he admitted he did not know how to write Batman because he does not understand their motivations. Bring Morrison back

#6 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
Best of the Flash.
#7 Posted by daredevil21134 (11546 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Allen Fan 4 Life

#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Johns has admitted that he doesn't have a clue on how to write Batman, and he's also written Wonder Woman off terribly. He's a much better writer when it comes to Superman, The Flash, and Green Lantern, but nowadays he's been writing Hal to be a selfish, annoying jerk. I so agree with you, bring back Morrison to JL, Johns may be a great writer but that doesn't mean he can write EVERYTHING... :P

#9 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: Yes,Geoff Johns' Wonder Woman is terrible, soulless, a single strong arm, the version of Azzarello's much better. as Hal Jordan .... I can not like him in the Justice League, I support that Batman punch in the same way that he did with Guy. One of the things I liked most of the Geoff's JLA, he was brought back the classic villains, shame that some did not fight like Amazo and Weapon Master. Agreed Johns is huge writer, i Like his run in Justice Society,but one thing I am against, is a writer to write several titles at once, however it is good, one time or another, he will miss one of their titles.I preferred him to continue only with the Green Lantern

You see the other new 52 respect Thread??

#10 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: From what I've heard, only Azzarello and Perez can write WW correctly... I'm not a fan of Hal Jordan, but I've read some of John's GL run and it's pretty good, but I do admit that when he's on more than one book his writing suffers (out of his three current ones, his best overall is Aquaman, IMO).

No, I haven't seen the other N52 respect threads yet, but I will later...

#11 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious:Agreed and add another writer to the list Gail Simone,she make a impressive job writing Wonder Woman third series,rescuing forgotten characters, leading Diana to interact with other alien races,gods.... Aquaman is one of the best tittles of new 52,Now he gets the respect it deserves, this getting to be better than Peter David's run. Exactly, now that we have the new 52, Dc should try other writers and by the way, what happened to the change of writers and artists in comics, to diversify? it would help a lot at these times

#12 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#13 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio
Circled the planet six times
#14 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9653 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DC failed with Flash in the new 52. Not completely, he still has a great book, but, in my opinion, this was a great opportunity to tone him down a bit. I mean...logically, how is anybody supposed to be a threat to this guy?? Do you know how fast a femtosecond is?? So far they have toned down a lot of their other characters, why not do the same with their most powerful??  
Hopefully, they will leave the IMP out at least...

#15 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash is cool

#16 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: @mr.obvious: @sethysquare: @SpeedBlitzer: New Scan

Phasing trough a bunch of parademons
Fighting with Turbine. Showing his strength,throwing Turbine some meters away
#17 Posted by Zoch81 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

the New 52 Flash is awesome

#18 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

I think DC failed with Flash in the new 52. Not completely, he still has a great book, but, in my opinion, this was a great opportunity to tone him down a bit. I mean...logically, how is anybody supposed to be a threat to this guy?? Do you know how fast a femtosecond is?? So far they have toned down a lot of their other characters, why not do the same with their most powerful?? Hopefully, they will leave the IMP out at least...

This is exactly what went through my mind while reading this thread. New 52 Flash is pretty much unstoppable and could've really used a tone down like Superman went through. It's very odd that DC left Barry virtually unchanged in power but made a big deal about toning down other characters. Just a weird decision all together.

#19 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

Awesome.

@SandMan_ said:

Flash is cool

@Zoch81 said:

the New 52 Flash is awesome

I agree with all of these.

#20 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

Windgut Captain Cold and is able to catch Patty and her friends,before hit the ground
Carrying 3 peoples at same time

@buttersdaman000: @WildStyle: I don't agreed. Why DC would diminish his powers? it is not necessary for someone to become a threat to him,Flash is fast but,he can't be in 3 different places at same time,I know femtosecond is F[ric]k fast...but there's always a way to defeat him. Many new villains reveal to be a threat like the Mob Rule and Turbine,other types of villains can also be dangerous,like a villains which can control the gravity,teleporters,soemone like the Turtlçe II (Which can slow down,stop or increase the speed of anything) or intelligent like Luthor.

Question

If Superman is one of the most powerful Dc heroes,how Lex Luthor can be a threat for him?

#21 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9653 posts) - - Show Bio
@matchesmalone21:  
Because logically somebody with femtosecond reaction time and speed can virtually be nearly everywhere on earth at once. Do you know how much faster than light he would be at that speed? Somebody with nanosecond speed is virtually a light speed character, a little bit more, a little bit less. Femtoseconds are 1,000,000 times faster than a nanosecond............
#22 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: @Zoch81: @SandMan_: @sethysquare:@WildStyle: @buttersdaman000: @SpeedBlitzer: @daredevil21134: @majestic99: New scans

Beating Mob Rule
cross the city in question of seconds nad coming before Iris west can complete the call
Full sequence of Barry tapping his brain into Speed Force

#24 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio
Doing six thinghs at same time
Talking with Captain Atom in the time,between microseconds
Flash can use his powers to disassemble metals magnetically
#25 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the scene with captain atom. One of my favourite issues of that book.

#26 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I really should read that newest issue of Flash with Weather Wizard :P

#27 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: certainly you will not regret.

@sethysquare: Me too,is a pity that people did not listen to his comics (Captain Atom)

Saving more than 100 soldiers from Captain Atom's blast,in a space between microseconds
#28 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Did he really learned spanish or does he already know spanish? haha

#29 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I'm guessing he already knows how to speak spanish... and probably other languages as well...

#30 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: I thought so too.

#31 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: @WildStyle: @Zoch81: @buttersdaman000: @SpeedBlitzer:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/who-is-your-favorite-justice-league-founder-one-choice/681915/

#32 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: Already saw that thread, picked Flash (naturally)...

#33 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Yeah, the New 52 Flash is pretty awesome. Although I gotta say, reading through those scans from JL really showed how terrible Geoff John's writing has become...

I agree. Geoff Johns used to write some pretty amazing stories.

*Sigh.*

#34 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

WEaring the uniform (throught speedforce)
Take the air form Heat Wave and Captain Cold

@mr.obvious: @RoboShark: @sethysquare: @NerdsFTW: New scans

#35 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: ... New 52 Capt. Cold and Heat Wave look weird... ;P

#36 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Keep up the scans, you have a loyal fan.

#37 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: Ooohh THanks!!

#38 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

Your welcome.

#39 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the n52 Flash title - for me, it probably has the best artwork. As a comic book fan, fewer things give me more joy than to see the Flash speeding through the pages.

#40 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio
Cross half the country in few seconds to save Green Lantern and Batman,dodging superman blows

@sinestro_GL: @mr.obvious: @NerdsFTW:More scans

#41 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

the art has been awesome

#42 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster: As far as art is concerned, it has been my favourite title.

#43 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster: @sinestro_GL: @mr.obvious: @SandMan_: @sethysquare:More scans

Running at Supersonic speed for days
Defeating Parademons rotating his hand to create wind guts
#44 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by LightningTiger2190 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: Is that fan art? I actually like cyborg's costume here.

#46 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@LightningTiger2190 said:

@Superdork: Is that fan art? I actually like cyborg's costume here.

Yeah it is, but it's epic isn't it? THAT is how he should have looked at the start of the New52 IMHO. The artist is Jeremy Roberts.

http://jprart.deviantart.com/

#47 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade:Already Thumbs up,nice article bydeaway

Twisting his arm to create windguts and phasing
Flash is capable to destroy something vibrating in high frequencies

@Superdork: @mr.obvious: @sinestro_GL: More scans

#49 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Issue #1! The beginning of the most beautiful of beautiful artworks to come out the the n52.

AS always, appreciating the scans (Y)

#50 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8683 posts) - - Show Bio
Flash has the ability to acess the future,past and other timelines

Combinated his powers with Turbine,to get out of the Speedforce

@sinestro_GL: Agreed,Francis Manapul is one of the best designers of Dc comics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.