Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5080 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

Is Barry Allen a Blue Lantern?

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By deadpool101

I heard from a not-completely-reliable source that Barry Allen is "Blue Lantern Flash". Is this true?

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By glforthewin

yes but only for 24 hours then he goes back to being regular flash

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deadpool101

Wait so it was a one off thing? he was BLF for 24 hours and that was it? I mean, they can drag that out to several issues but...
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AtPhantom
    @deadpool101 said:
    " Wait so it was a one off thing? he was BLF for 24 hours and that was it? I mean, they can drag that out to several issues but... "
    It was (and still is) a desperate action to counter the Blackest Night.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

48 hours

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " 48 hours "
    Nope, it's 24.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " 48 hours "
    Nope, it's 24. "
    O I thought they said 48 I guess I misread something
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AtPhantom

No Caption Provided
    ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ms__omega

Too bad he cant stay that way for more than 24 hours :(
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm glad its only a 24hr thing. Seems like just the right amount of time.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only one i would actually want to see keep it or at least get reinstated afterword is Scarecrow.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @CATMANEXE: co-signed. He'd be a perfect addition to the Yellow Lanterns. Sinestro needs some name brand villains to roll wit.
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deadpool101

damn right! scarecrow is mr. fear. yellow lantern suits him great! and was that lex luthor as an orange lantern? and wonder woman as a saphire one? idk about wonder woman, but the idea of lex w/ a power ring is badass!
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deadpool101

I found this pic of his basic costume 

So he can be BLF for 24 hours at a time? So every other day he is BLF? 

And how does he use both the power ring and his speed? does he do blue lantern stuff at superspeed or what?
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtPhantom
    @deadpool101 said:
    "
           I found this pic of his basic costume  So he can be BLF for 24 hours at a time? So every other day he is BLF?  And how does he use both the power ring and his speed? does he do blue lantern stuff at superspeed or what? "
    No no no, he's a blue lantern only for 24 hours. Then he turns back to normal flash for the rest of his life. It's a one time thing, only for blackest night. As for your other questions, we don't know, we've yet to see him in action in the next issue.
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deadpool101

so he was oly BLF for 24 hours? ten doesnt that mean he isnt BLF anymore?  
    and i think barry should get re-instated as a blue lantern after blackest night. either that or killed.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AtPhantom
    @deadpool101 said:
    "so he was oly BLF for 24 hours? ten doesnt that mean he isnt BLF anymore?  

and i think barry should get re-instated as a blue lantern after blackest night. either that or killed."

The 24 hours aren't up yet. The entire Blackest Night so far takes place during one night.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpool101 said:
    "

so he was oly BLF for 24 hours? ten doesnt that mean he isnt BLF anymore?  
    and i think barry should get re-instated as a blue lantern after blackest night. either that or killed.

"
    i dont think you understood what he was telling you.
    these characters just got turned into these new Lanterns.
    nothing else has happened yet.
    you should probably read the Blackest Night
    comic if your interested.
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deadpool101

oh. sorry. I'm a bit rusty on newer comics. I've kinda been picking up bits and bobs rther than collecting whole series.  

thanks for answering my questios though. I think Barry would be cool as BLF if he kept it.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEGRAAF

@deadpool101 said:

"oh. sorry. I'm a bit rusty on newer comics. I've kinda been picking up bits and bobs rther than collecting whole series.   thanks for answering my questios though. I think Barry would be cool as BLF if he kept it. "

i agree.  
    I think he should become a blue lantern full time. 

I also think scarecrow should be a yellow lantern full time, 

I would say that lex shouldnt stay a ornage lantern but find some way to replicate its power for him self. I also think brainiac would be a good choice to the orange ring always trying to gain more information 

I think the red lantern ring should have gone to doomsday and he should become a full time member 
    wonder woman makes sense as the pink lantern just because she loves everything 

I like the choice for compassion as well. He needed a new persona 
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deadpool101

who were the other people in that pic besides Barry, Luthor, Scarecrow and Diana? And there have been a few pics of heroes and villians together. are heroes and villians uniting to stop the black lanterns and black hand?
    robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By robbiesol
    @Gambler said:
    " @CATMANEXE: co-signed. He'd be a perfect addition to the Yellow Lanterns. Sinestro needs some name brand villains to roll wit. "

Triple signed.  

Scarecrow was made for a Yellow Ring.  Batman's hosed if he gets to keep it though. 

Luthor with an Orange ring would be perfect as well, and a nice boost to put him closer to Superman's level.   

I would honestly like to see both these villains keep their rings from here on out, if only to make them better threats to their respective heroes
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @deadpool101 said:
    "
           I found this pic of his basic costume  So he can be BLF for 24 hours at a time? So every other day he is BLF?  And how does he use both the power ring and his speed? does he do blue lantern stuff at superspeed or what? "
    No no no, he's a blue lantern only for 24 hours. Then he turns back to normal flash for the rest of his life. It's a one time thing, only for blackest night. As for your other questions, we don't know, we've yet to see him in action in the next issue. "
    Actually, Barry has used his Blue Lantern powers. He's shown the ability to create constructs (see Blackest Night: Flash #2)
    burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By burr787

I hope that Scarecrow and Atom stay with their corps.

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Paragon

Scarecrow was the next in line for the Yellow Ring of Sector 2814, but just as he was about to receive it, it was intercepted by Hal and John, then destroyed by the Guardians. This was way back in GL #27.

robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By robbiesol
    @Paragon said:
    "Scarecrow was the next in line for the Yellow Ring of Sector 2814, but just as he was about to receive it, it was intercepted by Hal and John, then destroyed by the Guardians. This was way back in GL #27. "

I remember this.  He was in the Asylum at the time I think.   

He needs to keep this ring.  It would be sweet.
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deadpool101

Agreed. Not sure about Lex tho. He should fight supes w/ it and then give it up. i think at the end of blackest night, batman should come back as a white lantern and save the universe. then give up his lantern and return to normal. perfect way to bring the coolest DC hero back and end blackest night at the same time! Scarecrow needs to keep the ring. He is getting old and boring as a normal villian. ever since knightfall he's sucked. But w/ the ring, he's the coolest yellow lantern ever. Joker should have all the rings, one for each finger, and kick everybody's ass!

Serious question: If blackest night has only taken place over one night, how man y comics have there been of it? (issues) is it like an hour per issue?

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I'm not follwing Blackest Night as such just here and there, I'd like to pick this one up could some one inform me of which issue Scarecrow + everyone become Lanterns please?

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deadpool101

Yeah I'm not following it either really. I pick up bits of info here and there but I haven't been collecting. It sounds like a pretty cool story. But I'll probably just get bits and pieces here and there and wait for the graphic novel to come out w/ the whole story in one book before I read the whole thing. Are street level heroes involved in it? Like Green Arrow and the Batman family? What are they doing in this whole lantern crisis? Or are they all wrapped up in  the battle for the cowl and other stuff like that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

God I hate that I like Flash as Flash

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deadpool101

What do you mean?

Avatar image for rorschach_s_ghost
    Rorschach's Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I'd like to see Barry get the Blue Ring that left Hal after this is all over for simple reasons.  And really, going from a red 'Flash' to 'Blue Flash' isn't that big a stretch.

- First off, since Wally West is almost identical to him in every way, he doesn't have that same iconic feel. Two identical flashes hinder both characters in my opinion. If he was a blue lantern, the Blue Flash can be involved in different things. 
     - Secondly, blue lanterns only have their powers in the presence of a green lantern and otherwise can only use spaceflight. So without a GL, he's still the traditional flash. Not only does that make him useful to the BL Corps but, it doesn't 'over power' him.
     - Thirdly, Hal Jordan needs a 'partner' in sector 2814 (each GL is supposed to eventually get a BL to boost their abilities) so Hal and Barry as friends and partners would only be able to access above average powers when together. As Hal is frequently off doing other things and theres 4 Earth GLs all in different places, Barry could pop up in the nick of time in many places or have a plausible reason to not always be around as a blue lantern. 

Scarecrow could also keep a ring after this is all over as (mentioned in previous post) he was supposed to get one before. I don't think its that big a deal as Crane has been kind in a rut for a long time. With 4 green lanterns for Earth and Batman MIT (missing in time lol) I don't think he'd be over powered. Plus if he actually leaves earth to go find new things to be afraid of / use to frigthen others, he could go cause some really chaos and amp up the Sin Corp rep as terrifying. Basically he could graduate from a back up Bat villain. I'd like to see him making Scarebeast constructs myself haha :)

The nature of the OL make Lex keeping a ring unlikely(though he is in kinda a rut) and Wonder Woman, Atom, and Mera as lanterns makes them sorta over powered in my opinion. They don't need the extra help creatively I don't think.

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deadpool101

I agree w/ everything you said. I don't think Lex should be an OL. but that thing about hal and barry working together makes perfect sense! they were like best friends when barry was alive so it only makes sense now. it also makes wally cooler cuz he's not just "one of the flashes".
    Avatar image for rorschach_s_ghost
    Rorschach's Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly! Barry and Hal have established their legends, died, and returned to life. While I'm glad they were both brought back, they were also both replaced by guys (Kyle / Wally) that are deserving characters in their own right. I'd like to see Barry and Allen team up and be part of larger scale plots (like the recent Corps wars and Blackest Night)  but, give some of the spotlight back to Kyle and Wally in terms of handling the smaller scale more personal stories that really let their personalities stand out. 

Kinda like how DC recently (and temporarily) killed Bruce Wayne. Bruce will be involved in his own HUGE Bruce Wayne VS History arc. The scope fits as he's such a well established iconic character. By giving the spotlight to Dick Grayson for awhile, we are able to enjoy all the small scale Gotham crime stories and villain schemes from a fresh perspective and let Dick & Damien shine.

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deadpool101

Yeah. Okay i have some questions about bruce's death: 

It was Darkseid that killed him right?  
    And has he been brought back yet? 
    When he will / did come back, was it as a black lantern?  

P.S. Damian is a little asshole (but is still a pretty cool character!)
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PrinceIMC

Atom, Barry and Scarecrow should get inducted into the actual corps they're currently representing. Don't really care about anyone else.

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By brc2000

The only one I'd like to see remain a lantern is Scarecrow. He's awesome as a Bat-villain, but he's been a bit over-used. I'd like to see something new done with him.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By daredevil21134

hmmmm

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.