Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5080 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

If Arrow is Nolan's Batman, Will Flash Be Man of Steel?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

On Arrow, Ollie is much more like Bruce Wayne than any version of the character we've seen before.

Do you think the creators will borrow from Man of Steel for Flash?

[Detective Allen]: You just have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be, [Barry]. Whoever that man is, he's going to change the world.

Post your thoughts below.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I think its retarded that every thinks anyone who is written even slightly dark and gritty means he's copying Batman.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Captain13

@fallschirmjager said:

I think its retarded that every thinks anyone who is written even slightly dark and gritty means he's copying Batman.

Just saying Ollie's personality on Arrow is completely different than his comic version of previous tv versions. If it were the same as his previous versions, he would be much more liberal and snarky.

Loading Video...

Not saying it's a bad thing one way or the other. And the creators stated they borrowed many of their ideas from Nolan, so what? No need to bring negativity here, man. I'm just pointing out things are borrowed from movies sometimes--like the whole no powers idea or tone on Arrow.

Heck, JJ Abrams's shows almost always ripoff movies. Almost Human = i, Robot; Undercovers = Mr. & Mrs. Smith, for example.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@captain13: Borrowing for Nolan like in making a realistic world for a Superhero. From what I have seen of the show it seems more like they are doing a Mike Grell inspiration for the show. Arrow has been dark and gritty (even more than Batman since he has killed people). The problem is that you can't real had that on kids show.

This.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I understand that Ollie is a lot more dark and serious, similar to a Bruce Wayne, but I don't see how Flash would be anything like The Man of Steel in his series.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@captain13: His current comic is pretty well in line with the show if you ask me. Especially since Lemire took over.

Did you not catch him constantly making fun of Barry's age last week? There are dozens of examples of him being snarky.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

They may have taken some of the tone from the Nolan movies but honestly the first season seemed to me to be primarily rooted in the Long Bow Hunters, a Green Arrow story that predates the Nolan trilogy by a few years. It wasn't an exact adaption but it has way more of that than the Nolan trilogy IMO. I will grant you that guy who played Count Vertigo was trying really hard to be Heath Ledger's Joker but that's more on the actor and the writer of those few episodes than on the whole show.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. All of the Flashes are generally more light-hearted and down to earth than other superheroes. They will definitely be going for realism, but the last thing the Flash needs is over-seriousness in his movie.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I hope not, for once, I would like for a live action DC superhero to be placed in a setting where they witness horrible realities, routine tragedy and injustice and try and fight it with not just their superpowers but with hope, optimism and a sense of humor. It does not have to be cheesy to accomplish this.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@fallschirmjager said:

It goes further he uses fear to scare criminals, a ton of Batman rogues, I'm waiting for Detective Lance to get a "Arrow signal"

They're using rogues from everywhere. The main villain in season 1 was Merlyn - GA's rogue. the main villain in season 2 is DS - teen titan rogue.

And he doesn't really use fear. He pretty much killed everyone he went up against in season 1 (who was fodder). And although he stopped for a bit, he's doing it again now.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nah. All of the Flashes are generally more light-hearted and down to earth than other superheroes. They will definitely be going for realism, but the last thing the Flash needs is over-seriousness in his movie.

Yes I agree entirely with you. DC Movies have been WAY too serious. The comics aren't like that.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#14  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I hope not. Flash needs to be more light-hearted and Man of Steel wasn't.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The Arrow as Nolan's Batman thing is getting old, Sure the first few episodes borrowed heavily from it but after about episode 5 it had a similar tone but that was it. Also Arrow does way better fight choreography than any of Nolan's Batman movies. Nolan may have better plots and dialogue but those Dark Knight fight scenes were awful, the camera was too close and you had no idea who was hitting who. You can complain all you want about Arrow but at least you can actually see what's going on in the fights. That's kind of important for an action movie or show.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@captain13: Slightly off-topic: I, robot is actually a series of classic sci-fi stories. It was one of the foundations of modern sci-fi, so that example is less appropriate.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.