Some quick thoughts:
- Love the lightish tone and having "Mr. Nice Guy" Barry Allen as the protagonist. In an industry where 80% of everything is trying to be more dark and edgy, Flash has taken the opposite approach, and I think it works.
- Plot-wise I think there's been some neat ideas, but I feel the written execution has been lacking lately though. There's a lot of plot threads that have been allowed to dangle with little to no explanation.
- "Gorilla Warfare" felt like a missed opportunity.
- The art continues to be the book's biggest strength. This book is the most gorgeous thing in DC's lineup.
- Wasn't a fan of Marcus To's backup art at all. Very relieved to see Marcio Takara take over while Manapul takes his break.
- I'd love to keep the current art team and have a more experienced writer take the helm, but after seeing the likes of Mark Waid and Geoff Johns on the book, I'm not sure who the right fit would be at this point.
I don't know if I sound pessimistic in writing these things, but I really do think the book is good. I just don't think it's been great. Any other opinions?