Flash and the Speed Force in the new 52

#1 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

I just reread Flash issue 7-9, and something confuses be a bit by his conversations in Gorilla City and with Turbine.

It is said that the world needs a Flash, from what i understand thats because he is the ''release of pressure'' in the Speed Force, and all the bad things that happend in the first arc when he ran was in fact Turbine trying to escape the Speed Force when Flash opened the vault.

So i guess my question is... what did the world do before Flash was there? It seems from the above said that there always need to be a person in contact with the Speed Force to make the world spin.

Can someone clarify this for me?

#2 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by fodigg (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

Can someone clarify this for me?

Barry Allen sucks. Bring back Wally.

#4 Edited by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing besides Barry Allen sucks? - Pretty sure thats blasphemy btw.

#5 Posted by Lamenoire (193 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe there were others speedsters (savitar... max mercury).

after all grodd expected to be chosen, so it would be logical that a few people were chosen before

or it is only recently that the speed force became that powerful (before, it wasn't a threat)

#6 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been said that when barry received his powers, it also created the speed force so there was nothing to release before that moment.

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

@therrieur said:

It has been said that when barry received his powers, it also created the speed force so there was nothing to release before that moment.

I think this is correct. And the Speed Force goes backwards and forwards in time. So it was created when Barry received his powers and echoed back and forth through time to Gorilla City, Turbine and others. That's how I understand it anyway until they explain it otherwise anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.