Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5080 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

Does Barry Allen Borrow Too Much from Batman and Superman?

• 56 results
    thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thejman251: Scan of him being a jerk in Action Comics or Superman?

-Well i never mentioned Action Comics, but i'll look for a scan later when i feel like digging through the issues.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

no

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
    Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Bizarro is completely different to reverse flash, RF is just a counterpart everyone has them, Bats,Spidey,GL. Cap Cold has always been a blue collar criminal with morals nothing like the lonely victim Mr Freeze

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Before New 52, The Flash saved a family from a crumbling building, the little girl said her doll was still inside, Flash went in and got it, then the little girl said her doll had blonde hair, Flash went in AGAIN and got the right doll. He then ran to the library, read up on how to construct a house and rebuilt the ENTIRE FREAKIN HOUSE! That's what I like about Barry, he solves big problems and little ones, most superheroes won't even worry about fixing the destruction they cause. Not to say Clark doesn't help with the little things, but Barry is well know for it. And like you said, his stories are very lighthearted, very rarely do I get the same from Superman.

This is a good example. Superman is my favorite character, but I do like that both Barry & Wally (almost done with John's run on him, pre-52) were more grounded (no pun intended). They helped out "regular folk" more often than Supes, even though all 3 come from blue-collar roots**

**Which I don't hold against Superman, because it's mostly a result of their character-function. Like the grounded metaphor, the Flashes literally are on the ground & deal with things that happen there - like bank-robberies by non-powered rogues -- while Superman takes to the skies & is there to defend us from threats that are beyond this planet. If people chose to write that Flash dealt with more "cosmic" threats, then he'd probably have to leave the "regular folk" to police & fire-fighters more often.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh you can describe almost any character in terms of Batman and Superman. Batman, Superman and Composite Batman and Superman are the 3 major standards in comic books.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.