Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5080 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

Cover for Flash Rebirth #3 --> (SPOILERS!!!)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

No Caption Provided
    Yup, it looks slick as hell...

this is going to be one hell of a ride folks...

M
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Methos

noone?

no comments?

damn you all...

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Darkchild

I havnt read this comic since the first issue and dont plan on it. Once this new one comes out i wotn mind hearing about it, but im not spending my pretty pennies on this b#$$#@!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

i'm currently only buying to see how bad it can get...

seriously...

I'm a big Flash fan, and seeing how Goeff is treating the mythos is just heart breaking

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Darkchild

So your actually spending your hard earned money on sh!t?

See i understand the irony....i just dont want to go along with it

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What wrong with it? I never bought it.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Darkchild

If ur any kind of a fan of Flash you will hate Geoff for the pile of excriment hes created known as FLASH REBIRTH

Oh and if ur a Barry Allan fan (AS I am) you will contemplate the thought of suicide after reading this

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

I posted that image when I announced that the series is being extended by another issue.

Oh, and I mentioned you, Methos, in my video review for issue #2

Zghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Zghost

Whats wrong with the story so far, I am more of a Bart Allen fan then any other flash so please excuse the ignorance.  To me it is sounding more of the oppisite of the GL rebirth with Hal.  It seems that they are trying to humanize and make it that the flash isnt as "perfect" as he used to be like most supers were back then.  Now I am not trying to offend I am really interested in your takes on the issues.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEGRAAF

that wasnt the cover i got. What was up at the end where they show zoom saying he reversed barry allens time force whatever. I dont see how that makes him the black flash. I dont even think it makes sense. i would think that would make the people around him younger or something. I liked the comic just didnt understand the last page or two

dc-kid21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By dc-kid21

cool alt. cover ps 1st POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Zoom

Negative Speed Force? 

Really?  Ugh. 

I don't even care about the whole creation of the speed force silliness but I wish Flash: Rebirth wasn't an exact copy of GL: Rebirth.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By geraldthesloth

The whole Reverse flash thing is a bit overwhelming for me..(havent read much flash)

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Zoom

Its just not very "Professor Zoom."   Professor Zoom, who spent half his life copying or trying to be Barry Allen thinks Barry is a boring lab rat now?  That doesn't fit.  Neither does using his little lightning baton as a weapon.  Professor Zoom likes to vibrate his hands through people and pummel them into the ground.  The fight scenes just don't seem like his style at all except for setting Jay on fire.

We still don't know why (or how) he felt the need to beat up Abra Kadabra.  I mean, Kadabra can be a nasty SOB, especially when Waid's in charge, but its not like he and Kadabra have this huge history of being against one another.   

Idk.  Johns does a great job of reimagining villains.  Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, Heat Wave.  He's made these characters better than ever and I really appreciate it.  But Professor Zoom?  He didn't need to be reimagined.  He was already an awesome villain.  Now he just seems like...Barry's Sinestro.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtPhantom

Speaking as someone who didn't read silver age Flash, I've enjoyed this. A lot. This seems to be a trend with Johns' rebirths. It's about attracting new readers at the cost of infuriating old ones.

WhiteLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WhiteLantern
    @Zoom said:
    " Its just not very "Professor Zoom."   Professor Zoom, who spent half his life copying or trying to be Barry Allen thinks Barry is a boring lab rat now?  That doesn't fit.  Neither does using his little lightning baton as a weapon.  Professor Zoom likes to vibrate his hands through people and pummel them into the ground.  The fight scenes just don't seem like his style at all except for setting Jay on fire. We still don't know why (or how) he felt the need to beat up Abra Kadabra.  I mean, Kadabra can be a nasty SOB, especially when Waid's in charge, but its not like he and Kadabra have this huge history of being against one another.    Idk.  Johns does a great job of reimagining villains.  Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, Heat Wave.  He's made these characters better than ever and I really appreciate it.  But Professor Zoom?  He didn't need to be reimagined.  He was already an awesome villain.  Now he just seems like...Barry's Sinestro. "
    But didnt zoom talk about him running and basically maturing past the point of trying to replace barry in history to trying to be bigger than barry 

I never got to read about barry before he died but i was always drawn to him more than wally i think geoff is doing a great job i love the rebirth perhaps he is a lil overwhelmed by doing GL,basically GLC,adventure comics,and now the flash,and of course the blackest night soon as he gets done with the blackest night he might pick up the pace with barry 

i also noticed geoff get the best artists

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.