Am I Right?:The Only Villains Who Can Really Defeat Flash 1-on-1

#1 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

So Flash has one of the most interesting Rogues galleries in comics. But how many Flash-villains can outright beat him in a fight on their own?

Here's who stands a chance:

1. Captain Cold- He has some kind of anti-speed force power in the New 52. He can slow down energy, allowing him to freeze things. And he can slow down the Flash fast enough to catch his punches.

2. Mirror Master-Due to his teleportation and rapid travel through the mirror universe as well as his god-like control of the mirror universe. Also he can create laser beams that can tag the flash and holograms that can trick him. In the mirror universe, he can create clones of himself.

3. Gorilla Grodd-He's psychic, so his attacks fly at the speed of thought. He's also massive, strong, and intelligent.

4. Professor Zoom/Zoom- Time-Manipulation or Flash-like speed depending on who you're talking about.

5. Turbine-He can create speed force vortexes capable of deflecting the Flash's attacks, pulling the Flash in, or throwing the Flash around.

-----------

Honorable Mention: Mob Rule-Because he can be everywhere at once, with preparation he could outsmart Flash, but he probably couldn't outright defeat him.

So, are those the only 5 characters who can LOGICALLY/REALISTICALLY defeat the Flash one-on-one?

I don't think that Weather Wizard or Heatwave have the reaction time or speed to realistically take Flash down on their own. He should be able to just beat them before they can fully react. I could be wrong. Trickster, Captain Boomerang, and Pied Piper shouldn't be able to either.

#2 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I think that those are the only five. Especially since Grodd now has access to the speed force.

#3 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd really narrow it down to more Grodd and Zoom. I feel like the Rogues are formidable when together, but when you take them as individuals, they couldn't best Flash. No disrespect to Cold, but I also feel like one of his biggest strengths is leadership, which really is what makes the Rogues so dangerous.

#4 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@serpent222 said:

I'd really narrow it down to more Grodd and Zoom. I feel like the Rogues are formidable when together, but when you take them as individuals, they couldn't best Flash. No disrespect to Cold, but I also feel like one of his biggest strengths is leadership, which really is what makes the Rogues so dangerous.

He is a leader, but he also nearly killed Flash on his own in Flash 6 and 7. Those are two of my favorite issues of Manapul's run.

Anyhoo, anyone else think Daniel West will be the new Zoom?

#5 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@serpent222 said:

He is a leader, but he also nearly killed Flash on his own in Flash 6 and 7. Those are two of my favorite issues of Manapul's run.

I'm not as familiar with some of Flash's history (not for lack of trying, I just have the hardest time finding good flash titles), so I never read that. I think my overall image of Cold is marred by quite a bit of mishandling at times. But if I were to pick a third to be able to beat Flash, it would still be Cold.

#6 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@serpent222 said:

I personally think its Doctor Elias, since Daniel hasnt appeared much and it would be almost the same as picking some random dude to be the new Reverse Flash whereas Elias has had some development so it wouldn't be too far-fetched

However, thats just wishful thinking from me, mainly because the book has gotten really good recently so I'd hate to see him as the new Reverse Flash because, like I said, Daniel hasn't appeared much and it would feel forced and empty

#7 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom: I didn't even think of Elias... Then you could call him Professor Zoom... You make a lot more sense. And yeah, Gorilla Warfare has been amazing. Especially this past issue.

#8 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: Agreed, it's easily one of my favorites titles at the moment

#9 Posted by Lvenger (18212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: There's also a guy called the Turtle. He's a speed stealer.

#10 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@JLDoom: I didn't even think of Elias... Then you could call him Professor Zoom... You make a lot more sense. And yeah, Gorilla Warfare has been amazing. Especially this past issue.

I was also thinking possibly David Singh

#11 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

flash has cool villains.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.