Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5080 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

Acceptance

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LenSnart

Is Barry finally getting accepted now, or have the wally fans just stopped b*tching about him, ( but let's not make this another Barry V Wally argument) I really hope he is getting accepted as Barry was a character with a lot of potential which wasn't realized until it was too late; Now he is finally getting his chance.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@lensnart: yeah, looking at comments from the last couple years, people are starting to accept Barry as the Flash again. I miss Wally, but Barry's always been my favorite Flash!

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I still see a fair share of the complaints....but I'm more of the opinion that Wally fans are rather accepting that he's not coming any time soon...too bad many fans don't really see Barry as the great character he should regarded as.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Barry Allen is starting to become accepted by the comic-reading public because Wally West will not return in the forseeable future. Unfortunately, the beginning of becoming accepted is far different from being accepted. In the next decade, Barry Allen will become accepted by fans as a great character, that definitely deserves to be the Flash.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.