Follow

Barbara Gordon

Character » Barbara Gordon appears in 4183 issues.

Barbara Gordon was the first modern age Batgirl until she was brutally shot by the Joker, rendering her paralyzed from the waist down. Barbara reinvented herself as Oracle, providing intelligence to the DCU heroes and leading the Birds of Prey. She has recently become Batgirl once again to protect Gotham City.

Young Justice

ArtsyGal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ArtsyGal

Why isn't she cared about as much as Robin and Nightwing in here? Also, where's the computer genius Barbara we all know and love?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SupBatz

Sadly Babs is in that category of characters who haven't really been touched upon so far along with Bumblebee, Mal, and Tim.

So far she's really only made a few comments here and there and just kicked butt in some action scenes.

She hasn't been misrepresented so far as I can see, just neglected. Hopefully that'll be remedied in the future though.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By X9

@SupBatz said:

Sadly Babs is in that category of characters who haven't really been touched upon so far along with Bumblebee, Mal, and Tim.

So far she's really only made a few comments here and there and just kicked butt in some action scenes.

She hasn't been misrepresented so far as I can see, just neglected. Hopefully that'll be remedied in the future though.

@ArtsyGal said:

Why isn't she cared about as much as Robin and Nightwing in here? Also, where's the computer genius Barbara we all know and love?

She's had a nice screen time in the last episode and is getting more attention in the comics but, yeah, I gotcha.

Though, between the Bat guys, Tim is the one who's really left aside...

If anything, Babs isn't behind many characters: Rocket, Robin, Mal, Bumblebee (though we're getting to see a little bit of her every once in a while), Arsenal... even Impulse, Beast Boy...and Zatanna :P

The ones who really "shine" are from the original team, as it was supposed to be afterall. And Blue Beetle :P

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SupBatz

@X9: Yeah, she does geta decent amount of screen time. What I meant to say is that we don't really get a good look at her personality. We more just see her as friendly with the team and a kickass hero. With Impulse or Beast Boy we don't really see much plot centered around them but we do get a relatively good look at the characters.

You're definitely right about Rocket, Bumblebee, Mal, and Tim being in the same boat as Batgirl.

I haven't been keeping up with the comic so I don't know how much each of them is being exposed in it. But I kind of wish the characters had been introduced more gradually so we got to know each of them better.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think Robin and Batgirl both get pushed to the side in this series. I just hope we get a bat-family episode soon

ArtsyGal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArtsyGal

I honestly want to see more character development with her, more character interaction with her, and more fight scenes with her (preferably ones where she's winning, haha). Oh, and I would love for it to be where she becomes the computer hacker of the team. You know, with the whole Oracle thing going on...

ArtsyGal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ArtsyGal

This mentions her computer skills and genius level intellect, so I'm assuming we'll see a bit of that in the future. It also talks about Commissioner Gordon and her becoming Batgirl, so I'm also assuming that the show will go a bit into her backstory and character.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By serpent222

It's possible that we'll see more of it when the season picks up again. Honestly, though, I just feel like she isn't going to be made a priority character in this universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.