Which Batgirl did you like more? Batman TAS or TNBA

Posted by ganon15 (1968 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Which Batgirl did you like more? Batman TAS or TNBA (25 votes)

Batman TAS 56%
TNBA 44%

Which had the best design, voice, and character out of the 2?

#1 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

BTAS.

She wasn't f*cking Bruce in that.

Damnit, Timm.

#2 Posted by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither were really what I was looking for. TAS just felt insanely off to me. The origin story was sound, but the way she was portrayed didn't feel like Babs to me. TNAS did a better job of making her feel like the Barbara Gordon that we all know and had a better design and voice. But she didn't have much character. We never really saw her highlighted in an episode except, maybe, Over the Edge.

#3 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (45714 posts) - - Show Bio

BTAS.

#5 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

TNBA?

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18838 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by TDK_1997 (15119 posts) - - Show Bio

BTAS

Online
#11 Posted by ganon15 (1968 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

Neither were really what I was looking for. TAS just felt insanely off to me. The origin story was sound, but the way she was portrayed didn't feel like Babs to me. TNAS did a better job of making her feel like the Barbara Gordon that we all know and had a better design and voice. But she didn't have much character. We never really saw her highlighted in an episode except, maybe, Over the Edge.

Wait- what?? I'm confused. "TNBA didn't have much character but TAS didn't feel like Babs" ?

#12 Posted by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: My wording was a bit confusing, I apologize. What I meant is that in TAS, we got three episodes which featured Barbara in a prominent role. But in those episodes, something felt off to me. It just didn't feel quite pike Barbara.

In TNAS, however, we never saw Barbara in a prominent role for any episode. Sure, she appeared in plenty of episodes, but we never really got the opportunity to see her in the spotlight. The closest we got was Over the Edge and Old Wounds, both of which still weren't centered much around Barbara. Because of this, we didn't really get the chance to know her character as well as we did in TAS. But what little we did see of Babs in TNAS I did like better than I did her depiction in TAS.

#13 Edited by StrangeMan (411 posts) - - Show Bio

The character itself is pretty much the same in both seasons, there isn't that big of a change as say, Dick or Scarecrow.

Something more interesting would be comparing BTAS Babs and Beyond Babs, in which case I prefer Beyond Babs (minus the creepy ass relationship with Bruce...).

#14 Posted by ganon15 (1968 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

@ganon15: My wording was a bit confusing, I apologize. What I meant is that in TAS, we got three episodes which featured Barbara in a prominent role. But in those episodes, something felt off to me. It just didn't feel quite pike Barbara.

In TNAS, however, we never saw Barbara in a prominent role for any episode. Sure, she appeared in plenty of episodes, but we never really got the opportunity to see her in the spotlight. The closest we got was Over the Edge and Old Wounds, both of which still weren't centered much around Barbara. Because of this, we didn't really get the chance to know her character as well as we did in TAS. But what little we did see of Babs in TNAS I did like better than I did her depiction in TAS.

Ah, but in TAS we got to see Barbara showcase her detective skills before she even became Batgirl. She was drawn more proportioned and sounded her age unlike in TNBA (no offense to Tara Strong). She looked up to her father and Batman which gave her a reason to become Batgirl (I thought that was pretty cool). In TNBA like you said, she was just "there", extra, just an extension of Batman.

#18 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

TNBA. She was such a a sassmaster in that

#19 Posted by Cyclonus_The_Warrior (230 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she had less character in TNBA, but I just favor the overall style of that one, so I'm just bias here.

#20 Edited by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

TAS. I thought it was disturbing how Babs and Bruce were an "item".

Moderator
#21 Posted by The Stegman (26102 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither, The Batman actually had my favorite animated Babs.

I wish I could find a better clip, but this is the only non AMV of Batgirl I could find on YouTube.

#22 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

Which one is this one?


#23 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

BTAS.

She wasn't f*cking Bruce in that.

Damnit, Timm.

And just like that my appetite's gone and the nightmares return smh.

Besides the above nightmare fuel I liked the TNBA incarnation. She looked better and appeared more often.

@manchine Young Justice

#24 Edited by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

BTAS.

She wasn't f*cking Bruce in that.

Damnit, Timm.

And just like that my appetite's gone and the nightmares return smh.

Besides the above nightmare fuel I liked the TNBA incarnation. She looked better and appeared more often.

@manchine Young Justice

Yeah I know thats young Justice. I didn't ask that. Since the OP only put initials which one does this go into. I have no idea what TAS and TNBA stand for.

#25 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

@nathaniel_christopher said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

BTAS.

She wasn't f*cking Bruce in that.

Damnit, Timm.

And just like that my appetite's gone and the nightmares return smh.

Besides the above nightmare fuel I liked the TNBA incarnation. She looked better and appeared more often.

@manchine Young Justice

Yeah I know thats young Justice. I didn't ask that. Since the OP only put initials which one does this go into. I have no idea what TAS and TNBA stand for.

Batman The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures.

#26 Posted by RustyRoy (14037 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were the same.

#27 Edited by ganon15 (1968 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by RustyRoy (14037 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@rustyroy said:

Both were the same.

Nay

Only the costumes were different, if you change your shirt you don't become another person.

#29 Posted by ganon15 (1968 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Ah, but the TAS Batgirl had more character than in TNBA, plus a more proportioned body and different voice actress.

#30 Edited by RustyRoy (14037 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@rustyroy: Ah, but the TAS Batgirl had more character than in TNBA, plus a more proportioned body and different voice actress.

It was in the same continuity and if I recall correctly TBNA Batgirl showed up more times and was more important part of the show than before.

#31 Edited by ganon15 (1968 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@ganon15 said:

@rustyroy: Ah, but the TAS Batgirl had more character than in TNBA, plus a more proportioned body and different voice actress.

It was in the same continuity and if I recall correctly TBNA Batgirl showed up more times and was more important part of the show than before.

She was for the most part, a side character. Mainly just "there" for no other purpose than just being there, even in the episodes that didn't need her. In TAS we saw her develop and showcase her detective skills before she even became Batgirl. She also had a reason to become Batgirl and was usually crucial to the episode plots.

#32 Edited by AllStarSuperman (23013 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither, The Batman actually had my favorite animated Babs.

I wish I could find a better clip, but this is the only non AMV of Batgirl I could find on YouTube.

this

#34 Posted by ganon15 (1968 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.