The ever-changing Batgirl costume

#1 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently bought Batgirl #9, purely because of the Night of the Owls crossover. I, personally, don't like that Babs is Batgirl again, but that's a rant we've all heard too many times. What I did notice, though, was that I actually was really fond of her New 52 costume. It made me wonder how I liked it compared to the old outfits.

So, seeing as she's CLEARLY the most fashionable out of the Bat-family, which Batgirl costume was your favourite?

I, personally, really adored Huntress' outfit during No Man's Land.

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92985 posts) - - Show Bio

Rainy, get out of my head.

The Huntress/Bat outfit during No Man's Land is probably my favorite Batgirl suit, tied/followed closely by Steph's suit, which I absolutely adore.

#3 Posted by hyperman (429 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the current outfit. I've noticed they removed the bat-shaped brooch she had in the beginning of the new 52

#4 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: @Mercy_: I do agree that the current batgirl outfit is perhaps the prettiest.

#5 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperman: Yeah I realised that as well. They also swapped out the purple cape to gold. Which looks much better IMO.

#6 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by hyperman (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I totally agree . Gold/ Yellow looks o much better with the black costume. It seems there have been a lot of improvements in the outfits since the beginning of the relaunch.

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7858 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely love Steph's Batgirl costume.

#9 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperman: Yes me too.

@The_Tree: I do love Steph's outfit as well. But I still prefer Bab's outfit over Steph.

#10 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Steph's I think is the best, it has a lot of individuality to it. But then again every Batgirl outfit is different:P

#11 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

i like steph's suit as well. But I wish the bat symbol and belt is purple instead.

#12 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

This is the most adorable thing I've seen all week

#13 Edited by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by The_Tree (7858 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: The gold is exactly what makes me like it more, it makes the bat symbol stand out, and the belt just matches it, along with her hair.

#15 Posted by BatWatch (2881 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Agreed. I find that outfit sexy as Hell, and the tears don't hurt matters any.

#16 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

It may speak of some deep dark issues but I liked cassandra take on the outfit.

#17 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I remember this thread. There have been a lot of great Batgirl costumes actually, although I really liked the GCPD version in the recent 0 issue.

#18 Posted by SupBatz (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

They're all pretty great but I gotta go with Steph's. The current Babs costume is a close second though.

#19 Posted by darth_jones (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara's Batgirl is by far the best visually. I think her black and gold look is the strongest design wise, like From the animated series. Or even her Year One costume really. I like the New 52 look, but it's a little too busy. It definitely looks better with the yellow cape over purple.

Cassandra Cain's Batgirl is pretty badass but it's not as dynamic. I do like it though.

Stephanie Brown's costume is good too, but I just don't like purple on the batgirl look. I know it's very "Stephanie" but it ties it too closely to the Adam West show. I know it sounds stupid but I hate that she's a blonde Batgirl. Hear me out. Alicia Silverstone? Batman and Robin? Blonde Batgirl. It's such a painful memory that it makes me cringe. (I also have a thing for red heads) But i also just think red hair looks cooler with the bat-look. But I'm just being nitpicky at this point.

#20 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@RainEffect: @Mercy_: I do agree that the current batgirl outfit is perhaps the prettiest.

her costume is great, but thats also really awesome artwork. It didn't look that nice on the cover to issue 1.

Personally, I liked Stephs the most. Like Damian's Robin costume (sans the shoelaces), you can tell her superhero predecessor were Batgirls, but at the same time she looked unique, efficient, and modern. Same could be said for Babs, though.

#21 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (58 posts) - - Show Bio

So with the costumes I'm assuming they are new and not passed down from one batgirl to the other right? Also have they ever addressed Batman and Family tailor? I'm assuming Alfred is sewing up all the costumes.

#22 Posted by Onemoreposter (4086 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall, Alex Ross nailed it

and that's pretty much what we're seeing in the DCnU. However, my personal favorite will always be

#23 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2302 posts) - - Show Bio
Birds of Prey tv series
#24 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

Birds of prey 0 has babs in a steph like uniform with yellow instead of the purple of steph,s suite I really liked the look.

#25 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all the female superheroes, all the batgirls have by far the best costumes. It's just so hard to find which is my favourite cuz they just look so good.

#26 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone post more batgirl costumes whether its live action, animated or comic.

#27 Posted by batarang614 (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra's she looked more menacing than even Bruce did

#28 Posted by sweatboy (819 posts) - - Show Bio

So, when did the yellow/gold and black scheme come into Barbara Gordon? I was always used to seeing her in grey and black

@the_tree said:

agreed. the purple and the blonde hair, and maybe a little mischief and youth makes her a cute Batgirl.

#29 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I really really like Bab's New 52 costume but Stephanie Brown's has always been my favorite.

#30 Edited by sync1 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Hey, I remember this thread. There have been a lot of great Batgirl costumes actually, although I really liked the GCPD version in the recent 0 issue.

GCPD Batgirl ftw. +1

#31 Posted by RustyRoy (13523 posts) - - Show Bio

All Batgirl costumes are great but I like the current one most.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.