Off topic: Barbara spoofed in Saints Row the Third?

#1 Posted by Outside_85 (9521 posts) - - Show Bio

This was just something that popped into my head while jerking around Steelport.

In game you have an allies (or homie) called Kinzie Kensington, a former FBI agent that has phenomenal levels of computer manipulation skills and ended up looking like this in promotional art.

The spoofing part I suspect is coming from Kinzie's paranoia and agoraphobia (fear of crowds). The paranoia could be spoofing Barbabra's acceptance from the superhuman community (what she says is not up for debate), where as Kinzie comes off as slightly unhinged at times when she delivers the same kind of information (perhaps more reminiscent of the JLU Question). The agoraphobia of Kinzie (taken to the extreme when she hides under a diner table the only time you meet up with her outside of her home) might be a mean stab at Barbara physical inability to go where she pleases (considering the game was probably 97% done when Flashpoint struck), the comparison I draw here is Kinzie doesn't want to go certain place whereas Barabra simply can't.

So, what do you think?

#2 Posted by redsonjustin (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you're reading a little to much into this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.