Off My Mind: Why the Return of Batgirl Doesn't Have to Mean The End of Oracle

• 80 results
Posted by G-Man (18890 posts) - - Show Bio

By now you should have heard the news that Barbara Gordon will be returning to her Batgirl guise in September. The relaunched Batgirl #1 will feature the currently wheelchair bound hero back on her feet. From the tiny bits of information we have about DC's planned revamp of all their titles, we know that some characters will be tweaked while others appear to be completely re-imagined.

What fans of Barbara Gordon (and her current Oracle identity) want to know is, will her character and everything that has made her who she is today be completely erased? While it may add to the storytelling possibilities with the character, many fans have expressed their disappointment if Barbara suddenly has the use of her legs again.

While anything is possible when it comes to comic book characters, the possibility of Barbara Gordon being able to walk again really shouldn't come as a surprise. We won't know for sure what will happen and how Barbara will be able to walk once more as Batgirl until we get closer to September but just because Barbara will become Batgirl once again doesn't mean everything we know is going to be erased and her time as Oracle will be over.

== TEASER ==

Barbara first appeared in Detective Comics # 359 and immediately was shown as Batgirl. Her crime-fighting career was seemingly cut short in 1988's The Killing Joke when she was shot through the spine by the Joker.

Since then, Barbara overcame her new situation and continued fighting evil as Oracle. Rather than rely on physical abilities to put the villains behind bars, Barbara evolved into a brilliant and resourceful hero using her incredible computer skills. She assisted Batman, the Birds of Prey and even the Justice League. Despite having the recent Death of Oracle storyline in Birds of Prey #s 7-10, she still continued fighting evil as usual, just in an even more discrete manner.

Now with the news of her return to being Batgirl, readers fear that her entire evolution since being shot will be forgotten and rewritten. This doesn't have to be the case. What is it that makes Barbara Gordon who she is today?

As Oracle, she's shown how intelligent she is. There is no reason she can't retain her brilliance and computer skills. She could still do everything she does as Oracle when she's not wearing the Batgirl suit.

Of course the main thing is, what about her paralysis? Not that being in a wheelchair is something that defines a person, it has, in a way, influenced Barbara. In real life, there are no easy way outs for those that require a wheelchair. Having her miraculously regain the use of her legs would be a disservice and insult to those that can relate to her. As some have observed, it doesn't necessarily look as if she's wearing a normal Batgirl suit. Why couldn't it be possible that she would have some sort of cybernetic enhancements that would allow her to be on her feet? That is essentially what Flash Thompson is doing using the symbiotic Venom entity. Soldier Zero (from BOOM! Studios) is also transformed courtesy of an alien suit. Barbara could have a special suit of her own that allows her to become Batgirl once again.

When Editor-in-Chief, VP of DC Comics, Bob Harris and Executive Editor of DC Comics, Eddie Berganza were interviewed and from what others have said, her change will be explained through her stories. We shouldn't be opening up Batgirl #1 in September and find Barbara on her feet as if she was never shot. Those that love and respect Barbara for overcoming the odds stacked against her don't have to be concerned that everything will be erased. I feel it is completely possible for her to still require a wheelchair as Barbara but have some sort of Waynetech suit that gives her the mobility that Batgirl would require. This would give fans of Barbara the best of both worlds. She'll still have her paralysis but will also be able to return to rooftops and fight the evil flooding Gotham City.

Because we see heroes die and return from the dead as if it were nothing, having a wheelchair-bound character be able gain some technological enhancement to continue fighting crime should not be unbelievable. Let's have Barbara put on the cape and cowl once more but have her continue to be the great role model that she has become in the last twenty-three years. She can still be the smart and savvy "Oracle" while also wearing a cape and swinging from building to building.

Most importantly, we should have faith that writer Gail Simone will handle the character she's written so often in the way that she deserves to be written.

#1 Posted by Ahmed Sherif (261 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate it when they change the character's situation after they had finally adapted.
#2 Edited by Jordanstine (895 posts) - - Show Bio

I smell Professor X cybernetic limbs from "Wolverine & The X-Men" animated TV show...

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a little thing. The picture of the woman holding the mask (that is coincidentally also my av), isn't actually Barbara Gordon. It's Mortis.

#4 Posted by Utandi (217 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still very curious about it.

#5 Posted by G-Man (18890 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: You're right. I wanted something to show the transition of Barbara putting away the Oracle identity. Something symbolic but yeah, that image could cause confusion. I swapped it with one of her kicking butt.

#6 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's a cyber-techno-nano-suit because all the new costumes have that shitty, extra armory look, even Superman.

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@The Dark Huntress: You're right. I wanted something to show the transition of Barbara putting away the Oracle identity. Something symbolic but yeah, that image could cause confusion. I swapped it with one of her kicking butt.

It's a gorgeous image and unless you've actually read the issue, you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't her. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Love the replacement choice. I always love seeing Babs kicking butt. xD

#8 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Gail Simone is writing Batgirl, I have absolute faith that she'll maintain what makes Barbara Gordon so great. It is great to see her stepping away from in front of the computer screen and kicking butt again, but after reading this article, the thought of her being both Oracle and Batgirl never came across in my mind. 
The thing I'm wondering about is how Simone will approach Barbara being Batgirl again. Looking back on the animated series, she's always been fun, smart, and took pride to what she was doing like how Stephanie is now. Now that she's older (I think), will she maintain that approach or try something new similar to Batwoman?
But really, I'm going to miss reading Stephanie's ongoing Batgirl series. I hope Gail brings her in her series somehow along with Cassandra.

#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I still feel odd about this.  I'm not convinced the suit is special, it looks as it if has the same armoured patches as most bat suits tend to these days.  I think she will be up and walking around... Which I personally feel is a strange direction for her, as she's been a stronger character since being shot.   

All I can say, is that I hope I'm wrong :) 

I did notice that she has the same purple lining in her cape that Steph had...

#10 Posted by G-Man (18890 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: So many images to choose from. I added another. Figured I really should have one of her from when she was Oracle.

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@The Dark Huntress: So many images to choose from. I added another. Figured I really should have one of her from when she was Oracle.

Again, good choice. It shows her as Oracle and also demonstrates that she is just as capable (if not moreso) of kicking @ss than she ever was.

#12 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

screw barbara i dont want it to mean the end of Steph as Batgirl...

#13 Posted by Skies327 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really going to miss Stephanie as Batgirl, especially with her recent stories. She's getting down to really being her own hero, and not just some girl in a costume with the "real" Batgirl helping her.  

It's a shame DC has decided to end her run, or so it seems for now.

#14 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still hoping either a very good explanation, a great twist (not actually Babs/hitech suit/something else) or just a "phase"/story arc that will make this whole thing not a stupid "going back to the roots"-thing to the detriment of the great woman she's been as Oracle..

#15 Posted by Grim (2081 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden said:
Since Gail Simone is writing Batgirl, I have absolute faith that she'll maintain what makes Barbara Gordon so great. =
this. Im only upset that all it seems like there will be a "never happened" or "and then the purple ray fixed it" aspect to it. I know Gail is the best (and often only) person i want scribing by DC females... i just dont know if i'm going to like the walk to the cake.

@DH69 said:
screw barbara i dont want it to mean the end of Steph as Batgirl...

@Skies327 said:
I'm really going to miss Stephanie as Batgirl, especially with her recent stories. She's getting down to really being her own hero, and not just some girl in a costume with the "real" Batgirl helping her.   It's a shame DC has decided to end her run, or so it seems for now.

these too. Im a huge fan of Tim Drake, and as such Steph being Robin and then Batgirl were very cool to me. It sucks that this revamp is coming just as DC has created all these new teams (Batgirl and Proxy, Dick and Damion, among others) that probably could have lasted another few decades just like their predecessors. 
  i really hope Steph at least goes back to Spoiler in whatever books Tim is in... and i hope she tells him his wings look retarded.
#16 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing that I am happy about with this is that it will line up with Batman Beyond story where Barbra is a fully mobile Commisoner of Gotham.
#17 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Great articel ! I am really excited to see Barbara kicking butt again :D

#18 Posted by Blurred View (363 posts) - - Show Bio

I really have to disagree that Barbara can be Batgirl while still essentially being Oracle too. She can't. It's an entirely different role. Can she still a brilliant hacker? Yeah. That doesn't make her the same as Oracle, though. She'll be Batgirl, a predominately physically active superhero like most others. There's no motivation for her to do the things she focused on as Oracle anymore. It's also not believable that she would have the time to commit to intelligence gathering. I know I'm talking like I know exactly what Simone is going to do with her when I obviously don't. But it's not like I'm assuming anything unreasonable. Bottom line, Oracle is not something Barbara can be on the side.

And I know it's not unbelievable for Barbara to walk again in a DC Universe where the dead come back and people get over serious injuries all of the time. That's not a good thing, though. That's not a perception that should be reinforced. Stories need consequences to matter in order to work. The last thing comics need to do is move death and injury even closer to being completely irrelevant than they already are. Whether it was fair to the character or not -- and this is fiction not a contest so what "fair" has to do with anything is anyone's guess -- Oracle was probably the biggest anchor keeping consequences relevant in comics. Comics needed some more characters like her. Not less.

#19 Posted by PeteyParker (21 posts) - - Show Bio
HOW IS WALLY WEST YOUNG AGAIN?!?!?!?!
#20 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all the series announced for the Dc relaunch this is the series I am most excited for. I am excited to see Babs as batgirl and see how she gets there. 

#21 Posted by KINCART (205 posts) - - Show Bio

If Barry Allen can be the Flash and Hal Jordan can be Green Lantern then Barbara Gordon can be Batgirl.

#22 Posted by The Poet (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I was unsure about this, but it might be cool. Will look into

#23 Posted by Top Flight Security (143 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it weird that I think Gail Simone's Barbara Gordon is really attractive? She writers her perfectly. Shes completely redefined the character. Anyone else that writes Barbara doesnt excite me. Its kind of like how Bucky was handled. He was a great character in the hands of Brubaker but anyone else that writes him doesnt really know how to write him. 
I have been going back and forth whether to pick up this new Batgirl or not. I think I wont, only because I want to support the smaller books. This book has gotten a lot of attention and will be a top seller for sure.

#25 Posted by DeawonCDelaney (64 posts) - - Show Bio

If they knew the reboots were coming a long time ago why not have her road to being able to use her legs in the Birds of Prey series, it would have been more relevent. Do not get it twisted her becoming Batgirl aain means the end of Oracle or whatever she is now, why have her lead a group of agents when she can "miraculously" do all the dirty work again. They moral of the story is nothing was wrong with wheel chair bound Barbara Gordon this is just an act of nostalgia to a character that had practically given up being Batgirl before the Joker shot her.
#26 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

In Gail we trust.

#27 Posted by GOREX (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of people are making more fuss abut this than really needed. In "the Killing Joke" the doctor said that he wasn't sure if she could never heal. Sometimes these recoveries take years and throughout the Bird of Prey (original run) comics I don't remember seeing Barbara give up on her training or trying to walk again. Whatever the reason for her being able to walk again I'm sure it'll lead to great stories. So far I think Gail does good justice to the comics she writes and understands the characters.

Sure as Oracle she was special compared to others but it also showed less and less of her over time. I'd rather have a full time Barbara rather than a guest star on comics that were supposed to be about her. Basically at the start of the Bird of Prey (original run) it was just her and Dinah and they were a great co-up team and shined, but over time their relationship grew more and more distant as the comic started focusing more and more on Dinah. Lately the roster increased and the spot light is all about Huntress & Dinah.

#28 Posted by spankymac314 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

In other words a "magic cure" for paraplegia? Awesome. The one thing that a ton of writers have avoided now becomes a plot point. How freaking insulting for handicapped readers.

#29 Posted by AirDave817 (840 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's what I find "confusing": this relaunch is about taking DC and the characters back to the core for a fresh start on some great stories.

We get Barry Allen back from the dead after over a quarter century. Okay. We get Bruce Wayne as the one, true Batman. Gothcha. We get Barbara Gordon as Batgirl. It doesn't matter how she's suited up as Batgirl. Well, it does, I guess, based on what degree of relaunch we're talking about. Half or whole. Are we taking these characters back to their core, or taking them from where they are now back their core. 

Why aren't the Titans back their core? If Batman is Bruce Wayne; Barry Allen is The Flash and Barbara Gordon is Batgirl; why wouldn't Dick Grayson be Robin? Garth is Aqualad, Wally West is Kid Flash, Donna Troy is Wonder Girl. 

You can tell me that Nightwing is cool and Dick Grayson as Nightwing is cool; but then Oracle was cool. Wally West as The Flash was cool. Tempest was kinda cool...

What didn't work about the previous Batgirls that Barbara Gordon is going to magically drive sales figures up? And if it doesn't work, what then?  

#30 Posted by pinchworm (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone know the source and artist for the images going with this article? Specifically these:

- the teaser shot for the article, from the waist up with wavy blue 'mountains' in the background
- the one where she's fighting two guys in a convenience store
- the one where's she's kicking a knife-wielding guy in the junk

#31 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interesting, this makes me feel a whole lot better

#32 Posted by Samimista (21019 posts) - - Show Bio
@spankymac314 said:
In other words a "magic cure" for paraplegia? Awesome. The one thing that a ton of writers have avoided now becomes a plot point. How freaking insulting for handicapped readers.
I agree I find this move offending to those with disabilities
#33 Posted by SandmanEsq (14 posts) - - Show Bio

How many times has Marvel "cured" and re-paralyzed Xavier?  Arguably, when they first gave him back use of his legs (via a "cloned" body) after the first Brood story arc, that was a bigger "slap" than this would be as Professor X had been in a wheel chair from his first appearance - something that was as much a part of his character as his telepathy - but Claremont ran with it by showing how he and his team had to adjust to his new more "active" role.  These are stories, and like all stories, they can either be well told or poorly told.  I'll go in with an open mind, whatever path they take (magic cure, cybernetics, history wipe, etc) it will either be told well, and it will be interesting, or it will be told poorly, and people will be angry for all sorts of reasons.
#34 Posted by sj_esposito (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice article, Tony, but I have to disagree with you on something... You kept saying that Barbara can be the same as she was as Oracle and still go into the Bat-suit. I think that's not true. 

As Oracle, Barbara is made to be the sort of all-seeing eye of Gotham. She rarely leaves the Watchtower -- at least for crime fighting purposes -- and as such, she's always available to Bruce, Dick, Tim, Huntress, or whomever. If she's in the Bat-suit, in the field with the rest of them, she can't play that watcher type role. She goes from being support to field operative. That's a huge change in her status within the Bat-family. 

And a crimefighter who can kick ass and is really intelligent and possessing of great computer skills. That's Tim Drake, and to a lesser extent, the rest of the Bat-family. Barbara's unique situation made her stories interesting. The argument can be made that taking her out of the wheelchair is sort of generalizing the character a bit.  

I guess I'm alright with this -- and only because Gail is writing it -- but I think someone will need to step into the role that Oracle held. 

#35 Posted by G-Man (18890 posts) - - Show Bio

@pinchworm said:

Anyone know the source and artist for the images going with this article? Specifically these: - the teaser shot for the article, from the waist up with wavy blue 'mountains' in the background - the one where she's fighting two guys in a convenience store - the one where's she's kicking a knife-wielding guy in the junk

I know (since I posted them). They from Batgirl: Year One. Great mini. Should be available in trade still.

#36 Posted by Maikel (374 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Tv-series "Birds of prey", Barbara was "oracle", wheelchairbound, the works, however, midway in the series she had a device attached to her belt that allowed her to walk again, put on her batsuit to fight an old-opponent. , albeit unstable... In the series finale, she had upgraded and perfected this device and was able to fight the series antagonist, Harley Quinn.

It's not like it has not happended before that things, stories and characters coming from spin-off media make their way into the mainstream/canon comics...

#37 Posted by pspin (894 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they will have Proxy (Wendy Harris) form the current Batgirl Series be her replacement, that seems to b the direction that it was headed in. 

I hope the don't get rid of Stephanie completely, she was finally becoming really interesting. Also, the part I liked most about her series was that they were lightharted and fun and that is rare in the bat books and now it is gone, Gail Simone is awesome, but she writes serious stories.  
The light harted ness was what made me read Batgirl in the first place, now that it is gone,I am probably not going to read this.
#38 Edited by Captain Majestic (33 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one of the things that the revamp is doing that I am really kind of excited about.  I know the Oracle has been a part of Bat-culture for years but Barbara is the real Batgirl.  When i think Barbara Gordon I think of Batgirl.  Im not saying that she has not been interesting since she was shot in The Killing Joke (a great story); however i have been waiting for her to make a comback since then.  If they can bring everyone back from the dead, and make amazing recoveries from other serious injuries why not beat Paralysis?   

So maybe she leaves the job of Oracle, but the DCU already has brought in a character who has filled the role in TV, Chloe Sullivan.  SO With this revamp/reboot I would not be suprised if she just filled the void.   

#39 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm quite interested in the Batgirl title now, especially with Adam Hughes doing the cover. Amazing.

#40 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2137 posts) - - Show Bio

But what does this mean for Stephanie Brown? Her Batgirl series made a big deal out gaining Barbara Gordon's acceptance of Stephanie in the Batgirl role. Is she just going to turn around and kick her out of it? Or is all of Stephanie's character development going to be erased?

#41 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2137 posts) - - Show Bio
@spankymac314 said:
I'm pretty sure everything in the article was saying that exactly that WOULDN'T be happening. That it wouldn't just be some 'magic cure' but something that makes sense.
#42 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they will reboot her character, just come up with some way to make her walk again.  Maybe she will have a robot suit thing so that she will still be in a wheel chair as Barbara, and will sometimes have to fight crime from her chair when she cannot get to her suit or when her suit malfunctions (sort of like Spider-Man and his web shooters).
Ha, wrote this idea before reading the entire article.
#43 Posted by Tigerstriper (452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine: If that's true, then I wonder why they didn't do it sooner.  Was there ever some explanation as to why with all the technology of Waynetech, and Star Labs nobody could get her walking again?
#44 Posted by DarkMatter23 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Right when I was just getting into the Oracle! Rats!

#45 Posted by ImperiousRix (1050 posts) - - Show Bio

From what series are those Darwyn Cooke panels from?  I totally want to read that.

#46 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mean to be offensive, so don't take this personal, but I feel very sad that there's people out there that can act as if there really is nothing wrong with Barbara Gordon taking the mantle of Batgirl once again, it's imbecilic to say the least, it really shows what kind of a mind-set the editors at DC have that they believe she is more interesting when beating up bad guys in costumes than being on a computer fighting none other than Brainiac ! They groomed an incredible character from an unexpected outcome and now they are tearing it all down.

Didio, Johns, Lee, you guys are amazing, seriously, but do us fans the favor and get over yourselves and your silver age nostalgia, this is ridiculous !

#47 Posted by hushicho (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I think it's ridiculous so many people are 'up in arms' about Barbara being Batgirl. She wasn't the original, but she was so good that many people forget there was one before her. She was the definitive Batgirl.

They also seem to forget that as a character, at least pre-Crisis, she was immensely capable and strong, moreso than most female characters in comics: she deduced Batman's and Robin's secret identities, but showing inordinate maturity decided to let them think she didn't know, until she had to reveal it to them later (during the stunningly excellent original introduction of Killer Croc and Jason Todd). She also was a successful politician and, unlike Bruce Wayne, had vastly fewer resources at her disposal to learn superheroing. She learned many hard lessons on her own that -- unlike Batman -- she couldn't throw money at to solve. She also had a mind for information to rival Batman's, and in fact may have outdone him since he had a computer, and she had a library. She was, in her personal life, an adult woman with an actual love life.

Post-Crisis, the entire Gotham crew got neutered and the DC crew, after Don Newton's untimely passing, apparently forgot what made the Bat Family so great. The final insult was when The Killing Joke -- a one-shot graphic novel that was not intended to be included in canon -- was incorporated into the actual continuity, in a move that infuriated its writer. Appropriately too, since they had promised him it would never, never be a part of continuity, something he has expressed regret about to this day.

So as a completely implausible stunt, to gain readers and to go with Chuck Dixon's abysmal massive retcons of the Batman continuity, they decided to gradually retroactively make Barbara into some sort of computer geek (which she never was) who was barely passable as a heroine and had no social life outside of her father and Dick Grayson. She was completely ruined in a cruddy graphic novel that wasn't supposed to be a part of the comic universe in the first place, and then she was turned into some sort of amazing prodigy hacker who knew everything about everything.

And some of you say her returning to Batgirl will somehow be a tremendous insult, horrible, awful to the character, ruining her development? Please. The Birds of Prey main characters -- Black Canary, Barbara Gordon, and Huntress -- are all poster girls for 'ruined, formerly strong and diverse, female characters'. And Gail Simone's not doing anyone any favours by continuing to write them the way she does. Please stop jumping on her bandwagon just because she's a woman writing women. Maybe this is a sign that she's doing something stronger and more worthwhile. I look forward to seeing how she handles it, and I hope it will be an improvement over what she has done.

It would be far better if half of the people going nuts about Barbara being returned to superheroing actually were familiar with the character before she was completely FUBAR. It's doing her no favours, nor anyone else in her situation, by making her someone who frankly most of the time comes off as a one-trick pony who makes excuse after excuse not to be Batgirl because she's scared. That's not the Barbara I knew as a child. But then, DC isn't the heroes I knew as a child, either.

I don't feel validated when a person in a superhero world shares the same physical limitations as myself. I don't need or want that. Especially in a world of wonders like this, it makes me more unhappy when they don't find some way to be happier or overcome that. I read superhero comics to escape and, for a brief, shining moment, be a little invincible, a hero that can inspire people and save them. I don't read them to be reminded about what I can't do. And I certainly don't read them to be shown how a character (indeed, a family of them) has been poorly-handled beyond belief.

Give Barbara a chance to potentially reclaim at least a fraction of what the character was, before she was turned into an ineffectual geek by bad writing and unnecessary retcons.

#48 Posted by RareCheshire (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she will still be awesome, I loved her in spandex and I loved her in the chair, now maybe they can combine both elements that made her so great and form something greater.

#49 Posted by MrCipher (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving Batgirl a costume that supports her legs and makes her mobile feels more like Green Lantern, X-Men, or FF tech. It doesn't seem very Gotham to me. I prefer a "street level" feel to my Bat Family. Too much over-the-top takes makes it all much harder to believe.

#50 Edited by MrUnknown (1628 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@G-Man said:

Again, good choice. It shows her as Oracle and also demonstrates that she is just as capable (if not moreso) of kicking @ss than she ever was.

I prefer this one but good selections nonetheless! I bet picking the right image takes up half the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.