New Batgirl Series to be Written by Gail Simone

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

Gail Simone has announced that she will be penning the new Batgirl series starring Barbara Gordon. I was wary about somebody other than Gail writing Birds of Prey (less wary now that I see that it's going to be Swieczynski sp?). but this...this totally balances that out. Gail Simone has such an obvious love for this character and I couldn't think of anybody I'd like to see write Babs as Batgirl more.

#2 Posted by daredevil21134 (10601 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

Gail Simone has announced that she will be penning the new Batgirl series starring Barbara Gordon. I was wary about somebody other than Gail writing Birds of Prey (less wary now that I see that it's going to be Swieczynski sp?). but this...this totally balances that out. Gail Simone has such an obvious love for this character and I couldn't think of anybody I'd like to see write Babs as Batgirl more.

Good Stuff
#3 Posted by SC (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

R. Swierczynski. S Were Zin Ski. Erm...  

Oohh, anyway, yes i know, I am totally excited and happy and not as worried anymore... number I just need to have some Secret Six news, Harley news, Cass Cain news, and no news about WW and Supes, and I am all set... 

#4 Posted by laussica (80 posts) - - Show Bio

im looking forward to it, i still feel like steph brown should have gotten a little more time in her role ):, issues 1-16 were amazing

i wonder what they will do with her character

#5 Edited by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress
Yes this is exciting! Did they reveal the artist?
#6 Posted by SC (12505 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown:  Ardian Syaf /Vicente Cifuentes *smile*
#7 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Hmm I was hoping for Duss.
#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84363 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, wonder where this leaves Steph and more importantly, Cass....

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: They might not exist. But I think having all three as Batgirl would be pretty cool.
#10 Posted by laussica (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: blackbat/spoiler monthly maybe?

#11 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84363 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown: @laussica: For Cass I personally think it would be the perfect opportunity to have re-emerge as a villain standing by her mother and father's side. Creating the greatest trio of assassins in the DCU :D My bad, fanboy moment.
Moderator Online
#12 Posted by laussica (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: that would also be good, if so i really want to see the moment which makes her change sides

maybe she is betrayed and loses hope in the batfamily?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.