Does anyone know why batgirl was frequently used in TNBA? Cause I

#1 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Batgirl was frequently used in the new batman adventures, but the reason behind this will surprise a few fans. Before batman the animated series was renamed the adventures of batman and robin, the producers asked that robin be featured more frequently in the series so that the audience would get to know robin before the movie batman forever came out. They tried the same tactic with batgirl before the movie batman and robin appeared in theaters. I gotta say when I heard about this I just had to laugh because it really backfired on them, badly. To top it off Alicia silverstone won a razzie award.

#2 Posted by MonsterObsessor (1174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skewer: By the way, she's voiced by Tara Strong. Unlike her other characters, the way she voices Batgirl is her own voice, not you know...
#3 Posted by The_Greatest_Username (143 posts) - - Show Bio

That doesn't come as a suprise. To be fair to Alicia Silverstone, Batman and Robin's failure didn't have much to do with her. I think Batgirl's increased utilization in TNBA was a good thing.

#4 Posted by SupBatz (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, never figured that out on my own. It does make sense though. I wish that they'd developed her character more in the series though. Despite her frequent appearances I didn't think we got to know the character as intimately as we did most of the other characters.

#5 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Batgirl is my favorite out of all of the Batman family characters!

#6 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

Batgirl is my favorite out of all of the Batman family characters!

Same. By that I mean Barbara Gordon the true batgirl.

#7 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: High Five!

#8 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara just got more PR because of it. She's easily the most recognisable Batgirl, hence why she portrayed as such in the media.

#9 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

Barbara just got more PR because of it. She's easily the most recognisable Batgirl, hence why she portrayed as such in the media.

Indeed. In fact, she is the only batgirl to be portrayed on mainstream media. Ever since the Adam West version.

#10 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Madame_Mist said:

Barbara just got more PR because of it. She's easily the most recognisable Batgirl, hence why she portrayed as such in the media.

Indeed. In fact, she is the only batgirl to be portrayed on mainstream media. Ever since the Adam West version.

Exactly! I hate how everyone says Barbara isn't "iconic" and should give up the role to Stephanie Brown in the New 52. What they don't realise was that Babs made the Batgirl mantle iconic.

#11 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

@sethysquare said:

@Madame_Mist said:

Barbara just got more PR because of it. She's easily the most recognisable Batgirl, hence why she portrayed as such in the media.

Indeed. In fact, she is the only batgirl to be portrayed on mainstream media. Ever since the Adam West version.

Exactly! I hate how everyone says Barbara isn't "iconic" and should give up the role to Stephanie Brown in the New 52. What they don't realise was that Babs made the Batgirl mantle iconic.

amen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.