Do you think Barbara Gordon is much better than Stephanie Brown?

• 61 results
#51 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

It seems that Gail basically turned New 52 Babs into Steph if you ask me.

steph didnt whine that much

#52 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Babs is a better character than Stephanie, but I like all of the Batgirls.

DC should bring them all back as:

Babs = Oracle

Cass = Batgirl

Steph = Spoiler

None of them need to be exactly like they were Pre New 52, but they all had established roles and worked well together, making Babs Batgirl again and tossing the rest in limbo is not an improvement. If they want to have Babs active again give her a dual identity with a different name in the field.

All 3 characters have a fanbase to support a Batgirl title, not using two of them while DC cancels dead weight over and over is bad business

#53 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I think Steph is extremely overrated. Barbara is the one true Batgirl

#54 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

I Love Barbara i'm excited she's Back ,as Batgirl. Barbara>>>>>>Stephanie Brown.

#55 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I think Steph is extremely overrated. Barbara is the one true Batgirl

Agreed.

#56 Posted by SupBatz (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Barbara as a character to Stephanie as a character. But I prefer Stephanie as Batgirl to Barbara as Batgirl.

Regardless, I wish DC would put her back in action. Spoiler, Robin, Batgirl, I don't care which. But it's been far too long since we last saw her.

#57 Edited by Icametoaskquestions (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: bump

I'm horny for Barbara so I'm biased towards her.

#58 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Barbara is a far better Batgirl than Steph.

#59 Posted by SupBatz (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Steph alot. She was not very fit for the role, but it was a process of growth and she was really getting the hang of it before they rebooted. I really enjoyed her run in Batgirl, and the crossover into Red Robin as well. To be honest, as much as I like Barbara as Batgirl, she needs to get shot in the spine again. We need Oracle back.

@hastny said:

Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown and Oracle are my favourite characters in comics. But lets face it. None of them has appeared since the reboot. This new batgirl isn't the Barbara Gordon we've all come to love. She's to insecure in herself not to mention bland and broken. All in all she's just a horrible copy of Stephanie but without the charm and homour. Hopefully we'll one day see the three ladies fighting alongside each other again but somehow I doubt it, and that makes me really sad indeed.

This and this. Well said.

#60 Posted by hyperman (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare:

I totally agree with you, i could never see Stephanie Brown, Babs is, was , and will be the iconic and only one batgirl.

#61 Posted by JayAaerow (450 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!

For one, she sells more so I have backing up!! :D And she's always been the one true Batgirl IMO! Not that there's anything wrong with her sucessors at all. They're cool! I just don't understand why people act as if Oracle and Batgirl Babs are different. They're not. It's not a step backwards at all. This isn't like Nightwing going back to being Robin. She was Oracle cause she was paralyzed and still wanted to be a hero in a way, not because she outgrew the role. Nightwing/Robin is so different from Oracle/Batgirl! Besides, being Batgirl doesn't stop the fact she was Oracle. Screw whatever the reboot does. Every character isn't as connected as before, anyway! She still was the best goddarn parapeligic hero evar! And now she's overcome it and kicking butt again! She can still be connected to every hero and be that brilliant and analytical woman that she is! But now, she can run to us and kick all of our A**** now! And get in on the real actions! To me, it's not all that different! It's like Nightwing =Robin = Dick Grayson. No matter what alias Barbra is, she's still herself! She can be Batman and I still think Barbara when I read her as such! >:D Nothing cannot convince me otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.