Cassandra Cain and Barbara Gordon

#1 Posted by buns134 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

does Cass have the hots for her

#2 Posted by Owen_Porter (83224 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Barbara was like a mother to Cass.

#3 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all they are both straight and have had relation and crushes on men in the past

#4 Posted by Owen_Porter (83224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Not at all they are both straight and have had relation and crushes on men in the past "
Yup. Cass use to date Superboy and Barbra is still in love with Nightwing.
#5 Posted by -Eclipse- (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

Then why is Cass clearly staring at Bab's boobs? :P 

Hehe... Bab's boobs...

#6 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:
" Then why is Cass clearly staring at Bab's boobs? :P  Hehe... Bab's boobs... "
She is holding her head in sadness
#7 Posted by -Eclipse- (7360 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @-Eclipse- said:
" Then why is Cass clearly staring at Bab's boobs? :P  Hehe... Bab's boobs... "
She is holding her head in sadness "
Doesn't look very sad to me... 

Either way, the silhouette tells me that Bruce is enjoying the view... lol
#8 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember that Cass doesn't interpret physical cues the way a normal person does.  Hugging is relatively new to her.

#9 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77 said:
" Remember that Cass doesn't interpret physical cues the way a normal person does.  Hugging is relatively new to her. "
She still does it though I have seen her hug Tim Bruce Babs Conner(who she dated) and most Titans
#10 Posted by NightFang (9644 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that's a fun idea.

#11 Posted by NightFang (9644 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that's a fun idea.

#12 Posted by Owen_Porter (83224 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77 said:
" Remember that Cass doesn't interpret physical cues the way a normal person does.  Hugging is relatively new to her. "
Not by that point in the story. She's speaking clearly and fluently at this stage and her social skills have reached the level of a normal person. Not to mention the way her ability works, she would know what Barbra's physical intention was going to be long before they made actual contact.
#13 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Nope. Barbara was like a mother to Cass. "
Exactly. The mother she never had in Lady Shiva. Babs was the only real maternal figure in Cassie's life. Their relationship was in no way sexual. Ever.
#14 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

What's with guys and lesbian fantasies with Batman characters? Harley and Ivy, Catwoman, now the Batgirls? I think a lot of guys just like to see what they want to see, not what's actually there.  ; ]  

#15 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus said:
"

What's with guys and lesbian fantasies with Batman characters? Harley and Ivy, Catwoman, now the Batgirls? I think a lot of guys just like to see what they want to see, not what's actually there.  ; ]  

"
Thank you.
#16 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
Just let him have his dirty fantasy, lol
#17 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

It is the way guys brains are hardwired and comic artists know this. Why they draw them that way. Females who are not usually drawn that way fade into the distance and just disappear. I mean, look at majority of the main heroines of both companies. 

#18 Posted by Erik (29813 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Not at all they are both straight and have had relation and crushes on men in the past "
While I agree that Barbara and Cassandra are very straight, having relations with a gender and being attracted to that gender does not mean you are also not attracted to the other gender. But there has never been any indication at all that Cassandra or Barbara have even that to my knowledge. 
#19 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
While I agree that Barbara and Cassandra are very straight, having relations with a gender and being attracted to that gender does not mean you are also not attracted to the other gender. But there has never been any indication at all that Cassandra or Barbara have even that to my knowledge.  "
Like Cynthia Nixon from Sex and the City. She was married for 11 years, had kids and all, but now she is with a woman, but i digress...
#20 Posted by buns134 (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" @Gambler said:
Exactly. The mother she never had in Lady Shiva. Babs was the only real maternal figure in Cassie's life. Their relationship was in no way sexual. Ever. "
sry i dont know anything about Cass
#21 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all you just have badly interpeted this picture from the comics Barbara is just a mentor to her or a mother that she looks up to :P

#22 Posted by Mrs. Tim Drake (268 posts) - - Show Bio

what issue is this from? i wanna see the next page...i see batman's shadow lol

#23 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mrs. Tim Drake said:
" what issue is this from? i wanna see the next page...i see batman's shadow lol "
It's one of the early Batgirl comics, I can't remember the issue, but Batman has nothing to do with it or the following issues, it's just their for effect. It's the arc where Cass is looking for Shiva to find out if she is her mom. I'll find the issue for you.
#24 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.