Follow

Barbara Gordon

Character » Barbara Gordon appears in 4183 issues.

Barbara Gordon was the first modern age Batgirl until she was brutally shot by the Joker, rendering her paralyzed from the waist down. Barbara reinvented herself as Oracle, providing intelligence to the DCU heroes and leading the Birds of Prey. She has recently become Batgirl once again to protect Gotham City.

Batgirl Arkham Knight Gameplay Trailer Released

• 74 results
    AmbushSatyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wait, is that Tim Drake in his Arkham Knight costume? that does not make any sense. Wouldn't the Robin be Jason Todd or Dick Grayson? the least they could have done is put Tim in his Arkham City attire.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you been playing Arkham Knight? Do you plan on getting the DLC pass?

Yes and yes.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

OMG... this DLC nonsense is getting out of hand... 40 freaking dollars for DLC...

People seriously need to stop letting WB and other companies get away with this crap... they are more interested in showing DLC out the door then fixing major bugs and glitches the game has.

It's actually only $7

The $40 is for the season pass. A sort of, get it early if you get it all kind of deal. Basically all of the downloadable content for the game adds up to $40 worth of material.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I'm seriously considering purchasing this because of Harley's classic design alone, even though I haven't necessarily had a problem with her previous Arkhamverse designs.

If only it weren't for that damn price tag...

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow the comments about costing too much are dumb and didn't pay attention to what the arrival said 7$ by itself 40$ for the season pass

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: $7 is too much for you?

People are mad that DLC isn't free they don't look at the fact they are basically getting a full games worth or enough of additional content to sate them .

Season passes are like being a season ticket holder for a sports team you can either buy it for the whole season and experience the good and bad or just buy the individual game

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see Harley in her best costume and not some as an over-sexualized harlot.

phocracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@dr_harlequin: How long is the season pass? If it covers every DLC to be created, assuming 3 DLC's at least, then $40 is a perfect amount.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@atheistknowledge said:

OMG... this DLC nonsense is getting out of hand... 40 freaking dollars for DLC...

People seriously need to stop letting WB and other companies get away with this crap... they are more interested in showing DLC out the door then fixing major bugs and glitches the game has.

It's actually only $7

The $40 is for the season pass. A sort of, get it early if you get it all kind of deal. Basically all of the downloadable content for the game adds up to $40 worth of material.

Yes i know, but paying 100 dollars for a game plus a few other DLC's is quite ridiculous, especially considering some of them where confirmed to be day 1 DLC's but they just separated it so they would squeeze more money.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:

That's why I'm waiting until they release something like Batman: Arkham Knight: Special Edition which actually has the complete game, not 80% of it with 20% removed and packaged as DLC.

I've heard people spending over $100 on this game, now I like most of the Arkham series, but Arkham Knight is a blatant cash-grab.

I don't know, man. Arkham Knight is an awesome game, which is too hard for me to resist to wait for months for them to release a special bundle :) But I understand what everyone's talking about. I'll just wait for a couple of weeks to get the Batgirl DLC instead of the buying the season pass. Still haven't completed the game yet.

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many dlc things will they have?Hoping to see croc as dlc.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@supbatz: $7 is too much for you?

People are mad that DLC isn't free they don't look at the fact they are basically getting a full games worth or enough of additional content to sate them .

Season passes are like being a season ticket holder for a sports team you can either buy it for the whole season and experience the good and bad or just buy the individual game

$7 is too much for me after just having purchased a $60 game. And if it's anything like DLC from the previous Arkham games, or even from Arkham Knight's DLC, there's probably not much to it other than a different character skin with SLIGHTLY different combative abilities doing maybe five extra missions that don't have an incredibly unique or satisfying story, but serve more as an excuse to fight some more new maps.

Granted, I could be very wrong and this Batgirl DLC could be awesome, I still think it's crazy to spend another $7 (almost 1/6 the game's actual price) unless we're getting a significant amount of new content rather than just a few extra maps.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
    MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the look of it, and I'm really happy that Harley looks presentable and in her original gear for once. A few concerns. I know the £30 or whatever for the season pass contains more stuff, but I'm sure the price of this will be steep. I'm also sure that this dlc will be as short or nearly as short in reality to that Harley pre-order thing that came with the game, which imho was stupid and boring (doesn't help that I'm not the biggest fan of Harley). Also, it looks like Arkhamverse's Tim Drake is Robin in this, which chronologically doesn't make sense when Oracle's been a wheelchair since Asylum and therefore Tim would be a lot younger when she became wheelchair-bound. I suspect they used Tim because of this artificial relationship that Rocksteady put between the two in Knight. I didn't like that one bit, Barbara's for Dick Grayson.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
    KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sentryman555

Question about one of Arkham Knight's plot lines. I'm wondering how people feel about this it is a little bit of a spoiler so I'll put it in spoilers just in case.....How does everyone feel about the whole Tim and Barbara romance thing in Arkham Knight? Why couldn't they have just used Nightwing?

Nolidoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't play video games, but wow this looks really good. The art and Harley is actually Harley!

Ananke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DLC or not issue aside, this looks promising from a novelty and utility point of view.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Knight was such a disappointment so I'm probably passing on this. 40 Dollars for DLC and a bunch of useless skins is just insane. Paid DLC should stop. Stop trying to suck more money from us, WB.

Techherofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder if Superman or the Flash will have a DLC seeing as how they mention them just as much as the mention Joker's funland.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#71  Edited By The Impersonator

She's hotter than her comic book character.

subtlesarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear people don't understand how DLC or the games industry works. @phocracker, the $40 is to pay for all of the content that will be released for the game over the NEXT 6 MONTHS. The Batgirl content is just the first to be released. As far as all the people claiming it's too soon to release DLC, it's a cash grab, or that "sob" it should've been in the original game "sob"; the game wasn't completed the day it came out. After the main crew finishes work on the actual game, they start work on additional content. Depending on the game, it may have been "in the can" months before release, other than bug checking and things like that, which gives them time to work on more content for the consumer. They have to find the sweet spot for releasing DLC; too late, and most people will already have moved on, and to soon, people bitch and complain about how it "should be in the actual game". Like others have said, Arkham Knight is AMAZING, and this is all just EXTRA. If you want it, awesome, buy it. If you don't want it, stop whining and move on.

phocracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@subtlesarcasm: A) No, not everyone completely understands how gaming DLC works. Could you not figure that out?

B) I can't figure out whether your comment is directed to me or to people complaining in general. In case it's based towards me, I specifically said $40 is a perfect amount. No one needs to know the common sense specifics of why DLC gets released. You don't need to type a paragraph on it, especially when you whine at the end.

In general : $40 for 6 months of DLC is jack****. Assuming a DLC every two months, that's $20 per DLC (DLC's are usually, what, 2-4 hours?) If it's once every month, $40 is a beautiful price for 6 DLC's. $10-15 should be what people should pay for a story DLC. In a bundle? It better be 6 DLC's for $40.

If you can't pay $7 for a DLC a couple of weeks after purchasing the game, then idk what to say. It's 7 freaking dollars. Either way, it's Batgirl, so there's really no need to purchase a DLC unless it's any character aside from Batgirl.

subtlesarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By subtlesarcasm

@phocracker: the whole post wasn't meant for you, just the very first part. Of course, it was in response to your first comment, and somehow I missed the second one, so that's my bad. I know I got a little agitated, but I just get tired of hearing so many people cry foul over DLC when it's not necessary.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pingclang said:

This whole DLC thing is one of the main reasons I gave up gaming. The full game came out June 23 and there's DLC right around the one month mark, seriously? Why wasn't this included from the beginning? Oh, I forgot, they have to pinch as much money out of gamers as possible. My bad.

The complete Arkham Knight experience is available on disc. This is additional content developed by a different developer. They release it so soon to ensure that people keep their discs longer and don't trade them into GameStop, which would cannibalize future sales.

What do you mean by that?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.