Follow

Barbara Gordon

Character » Barbara Gordon appears in 4183 issues.

Barbara Gordon was the first modern age Batgirl until she was brutally shot by the Joker, rendering her paralyzed from the waist down. Barbara reinvented herself as Oracle, providing intelligence to the DCU heroes and leading the Birds of Prey. She has recently become Batgirl once again to protect Gotham City.

Batgirl and....Red Hood?????

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been hearing rumors lately about a "thing" developing between Babs and Jason. This topic has been raised on the Nightwing boards, just wondering what the Barbara fans think about this

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I know, right? I recently read batman eternal #25 and Tim and Jason was talking a little while Alfred was in coma. Tim liked that annoying brat, Harper, and Jason liked Barbara a little, he said "she is cute", I believe. I've had my suspussions ever since batman eternal #21-22, or that comic where Barbara beat the crap out of Jason. I know Imm going to get hate for this, but I'm actually liking the idea of Barbara + teh Jason.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By midnightdragon18

this i something i've been praying for since they meet in night of owls

@captain_batman_ftw embrace it

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be quite entertaining.

Beata

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By X9

Babs and Jason became my official shipping. The DickBabs thing is nice, but let's be honest there's something missing and they only get together in alternative universes (Earth 2: World's End and Batman Beyond). Jay and Babs, however, they work so well together, it doesn't feel pointless or forced at all. Plus, they're dealing with similar issues.

The bad part? The new Batgirl book is coming, along with a new style for the character, so I'm not sure where Jason would fit there.

@captain_batman_ftw Thanks for the tip, I'm definetely getting Batman Eternal #25!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x9 said:

Babs and Jason became my official shipping. The DickBabs thing is nice, but let's be honest there's something missing and they only get together in alternative universes (Earth 2: World's End and Batman Beyond). Jay and Babs, however, they work so well together, it doesn't feel pointless or forced at all. Plus, they're dealing with similar issues.

The bad part? The new Batgirl book is coming, along with a new style for the character, so I'm not sure where Jason would fit there.

@captain_batman_ftw Thanks for the tip, I'm definetely getting Batman Eternal #25!

No Caption Provided

No problem, my man.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x9: they actually have chemistry, it feels so natural. i could never believe dick/babs

Bboyyomama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be cool. Jason Todd is cool.

oompers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like they're trying to force something. Comes across as them trying to build up Jason Todd's character at the expense of Barbara. Like they're pairing her up with a badly-written version of Dick now that he's "dead". She should be off doing her own thing and establishing her own character. Fortunately, it doesn't look like anything will really come out of it.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@midnightdragon18: True, but that last issue pretty much screwed it. Or not. Perhaps it's a tip that we'll get to see themm working togwther soon. Out of Gotham.

oompers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just another case of someone being written wildly out of character in order to make Jason look good. It's been happening to Kory, Roy, Tim, Bruce, Babs, etc. It's like bad fanfic-level writing. The most positive character growth he ever had on another character was when he died.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oompers said:

It's just another case of someone being written wildly out of character in order to make Jason look good. It's been happening to Kory, Roy, Tim, Bruce, Babs, etc. It's like bad fanfic-level writing. The most positive character growth he ever had on another character was when he died.

I know what ya mean, I HATE how Kory went from being a respected hero to a vigilante working alongside Jason Todd, someone who in the past was never a friend of hers...Plus, Star's had way more exposure outside of comics than Todd, same for Roy Harper, so why does Jason get top billing? I used to think Jason could work as an anti-hero, but lately I think Linkara from Atop the 4th Wall is right about Todd working best as an enemy for Batman & other heroes to overcome instead, an example of why they cannot cross the line & kill their enemies wantonly as Todd does.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People on Tumblr sure want it to happen.

flying_fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By flying_fish

@mrtummytumms: A few people on tumblr. The same type of people who "ship" Bruce/Barbara/Dick threesomes, or Batman/Joker, or other weird stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.