BATGIRL #8 (includes spoilers)

#1 Posted by pinkdaizygirl (114 posts) - - Show Bio

OK, so was anyone else shocked to learn that Danny was the one who called the cops to pick up Babs after the Joker shot her? I have to admit. I got a bit choked up.

Not only that, but what about the ending???

JAMES??? JAMES FRIKKIN JR???

That flashback Bab's mom had was bad enough. He's done so much to poor Barbara and her mom! Now he's back? I can't wait till that plotline is revealed.

And, one more thing...

I really hope Batgirl will beat the utter crap out of Joker.

#2 Posted by pinkdaizygirl (114 posts) - - Show Bio

highlight the words...i cant do the spoiler thing right...

#3 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed on all counts. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that got choked up as a result of the issue's emotional reveal... I know some people dismissed it, but for me that was quite a heavy impact. I'm absolutely terrified by the reveal at the end of the book... and 500% echo your sentiments on the Joker... of course, I have a feeling that his absence from the Batverse at the moment is going to lead to a major story arc for the character... one where I'd love to see Barb get her revenge.

#4 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio
@pinkdaizygirl: I liked the Danny story, too. Really put motivation and morality into perspective. Almost felt bad for him.
#5 Posted by pinkdaizygirl (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: yeah! I felt the same way.

#6 Posted by Mediumflyer7 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing scares me more than insanity. Thats what I loved about Black Mirror. Hope they continue in the right direction with this James plot.

#7 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

James Jr. irritates the living sh*t out of me.

#8 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it, though I'm not sure how I feel about Danny.

#10 Posted by Saren (25679 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked James Jr. I did not like that they brought him back so quickly.

#11 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

I want James Jr to become one of Batgirl's greatest rogues.

#12 Posted by pinkdaizygirl (114 posts) - - Show Bio

That'd be interesting...fighting demons from her past in the cowl and out.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

James Gordon Jr. is a nice villain but I think that he was brought up too quickly.

#14 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

I just find him to be really annoying.

#15 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

: Well, I know some people who like the fact the character exists, but who also think there's a limit of maniacs that a comic is able to create/handle. They find it annoying that Gotham's villains are basically maniacs and the fews who are not don't last much. I can see their point. Some of these freak characters are genius, but others are kind of unecessary.

I don't know if it's the same to you, but you just reminded of it.

And by the way... psychopaths don't tend to be the nicest people hehe.

#16 Posted by etamogrey77 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

james jr is the SHIZNIT well thats my opinon anyways. but yes the flashback and what happened to danny were sad and babs deserves to kick jokers ass just a little and can't wait to see what they do with j jr

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.