Follow

Barbara Gordon

Character » Barbara Gordon appears in 4184 issues.

Barbara Gordon was the first modern age Batgirl until she was brutally shot by the Joker, rendering her paralyzed from the waist down. Barbara reinvented herself as Oracle, providing intelligence to the DCU heroes and leading the Birds of Prey. She has recently become Batgirl once again to protect Gotham City.

Batgirl #13

theteapot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theteapot

Knightfall Decends has been, without a doubt, an amazing story arc. Phenomenally written, beautifully illustrated (see #13 cover art below), Batgirl has not (yet) disappointed. Finally, the conclusion to the epic saga has arrived, and as we prepare for the release of Batgirl #13 on October 10, we can be sure that Batgirl will put up the fight of her life. And to turn up the heat, guess who's dropping in on the action? Catwoman!

So, as the DC Universe's two leading ladies get ready to rendezvous; what do you think will go down in this killer issue, are you looking forward to it, and why?

theteapot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By theteapot

Personally, I have no idea what will unfold in this issue. One possibility is that Batgirl will defeat Knightfall. Why? Because Knightfall, although being one of Gotham City's most vicious villains, is not completely evil. I think Batgirl will convince her that her goal - to remove crime from the streets of Gotham - is good, but that the means by which she is carrying out her goal are bad. Very bad. Evil. Batgirl will not defeat Knightfall physically, but psychologically. As we can tell by the cover art, Batgirl, after being stabbed in the back by Knightfall, is in no shape to fight, so physical combat is out of the question. And I doubt Batwoman is coming back for more action.

Another possibility is that Catwoman and Batgirl will team up to destroy Knightfall and her three henchmen, Katharsis (the winged woman), Bleak Michael (the acid guy) and Bonebreaker (the tough chick with purple hair). The reason I think this may not be the case is because if Batgirl and Batwoman combined couldn't destroy the deadly trio and their master (in issue #12), then how will Batgirl and Catwoman do the job, especially considering Batgirl is now critically injured? After all, Batwoman is a trained fighter, whereas Catwoman is a thief. Don't get me wrong, I think Catwoman's amazing, but seriously...

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By X9

I'm excited to see how it's gonna go, as there are many important characters involved.

I hope Knightfall don't go away, cause I really liked her and she could add more to Batgirl's title. As the next issues will be part of the Death of the Family's arc, she'll probably be gone for a while.

In fact, Babs is one of the characters who is getting to show up in every Bat title. She'll even show up with the TT (against the Outlaws?), that's great. Something we haven't had before.

Last but not least: don't underestimate Selina. She can surprise you ;)

theteapot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By theteapot

@X9: I completely second all that. Knightfall is awesome, and hopefully she'll hang around and cause more trouble in later issues in the series. But realistically, I think she'll vanish from Bab's repertoire, or at least until Death of the Family is over. And don't worry, I'm not underestimating Selina. Selina Kyle is definitely one of the most crafty, agile and fierce women in the DCU, but is she really capable of destroying Knightfall?

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By X9

: That's why they'll team up haha :)

I'm just curious to see how Selina is gonna get into this mess. And Talon Mary. Maybe Knightfall was trying to get rid of them as well...

Talking about her, it seems that it's not gonna be the last time we see Charise. The fragment below was taken from http://www.newsarama.com/comics/batgirl-gail-simone-zero-issue-joker.html

Nrama: How long is the Knightfall storyline, and can we expect from the experience for Barbara?
    Simone: The first Knightfall story is four issues, and it is extremely focused and intense. People who have read, say, the "Cats In the Cradle" arc in Secret Six will get some idea of the primal tone of this story. It doesn't let up at all, and it ends in a new place.

So, if it's the FIRST storyline, we can assume there will be others. Yeey \o/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.