Bat-high heels are back

  • 54 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

DC, I'm already letting it slide that Barbara's long lustrous, red locks of hair are freely hanging out of her cowl for thugs to grab and yank. But fighting crime in high heels? You've got to be kidding me.

#2 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are artists this stupid...?

#3 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

...was I the only one who didn't care about the high heels, but paid attention to the fact that we'll get to see the whole Bat Family together?

Anyway, just to not run away from the thread's topic...once a guy tried to rob me and I was wearing boots with high heels...I quicked the guy and I got time to run so...yeah, they can work :)

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Because having a cape is practical in a fight too!

#5 Posted by SmashBrawler (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I've heard they're pretty good for stabbing people in the eyes!

#6 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: but can you do flips and karate and other advanced acrobatics in high heels? That's the true test.

#7 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@X9: but can you do flips and karate and other advanced acrobatics in high heels? That's the true test.

Karate, sure. Flips? Why would you need them if you have Bat stuff? Haha

Plus, these boots' base are not even the ones that disrupt the balance or anything...even Wonder Woman uses it, anyway :P

#8 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 Wonder Woman isn't wearing high heels in the n52. Also, I don't consider this to be the reunion of the Batfamily since Cassandra Cain isn't there.

#9 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope high heel,s draw a male,s eyes to a woman,s buttock and breast therefore all comic book female characters should wear them to fight crime.

#10 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun said:

@X9 Wonder Woman isn't wearing high heels in the n52. Also, I don't consider this to be the reunion of the Batfamily since Cassandra Cain isn't there.

Oh, plz, get over it...

(I mean it with all due respect)

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (83464 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs is so badass she can do it all in high heels and with exposed long hair!

She looks great in those heels!

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

ughhhhh

Moderator
#13 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Babs is so badass she can do it all in high heels and with exposed long hair!

She looks great in those heels!

Hahaha, high five!

Plus...what's the big deal with the hair? She's ALWAYS had them exposed.

#14 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG SHE HAS HIGH HEELS,DC RUINNNNED THINGS!!

seriously,complaining about things like this are so retarded.And btw,wonder woman does have heels,not high heels though,but did anyone remember babs was trained in agility and ballet.So she can handle the heels.And one last thing,just for common sense,isn't it obvious that that is the artist thing.It is the artist who put heels on her,and they are not important.

Online
#15 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: IKR,i mean nobody complained when her hair was always free.Even if it was fake people could still grab onto it.And the cape.People are complaining about everything that is not even important in the new 52,especially compared to the old universe.These aren't really complains,you can only complain if you have a point (an actually valid one and not a waste of everyones time).

Online
#16 Posted by PowerHerc (83464 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

@PowerHerc said:

Babs is so badass she can do it all in high heels and with exposed long hair!

She looks great in those heels!

Hahaha, high five!

Plus...what's the big deal with the hair? She's ALWAYS had them exposed.

People who don't like her should just pick a different character to like instead of trying to change her into another generic, politically correct (and inevitably failed) modern version of a great character.

#17 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@Powerherc It's not about being politically correct, it's about being practical.

#18 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun said:

@Powerherc It's not about being politically correct, it's about being practical.

So take away the cape, the fighting crime life and make her call 911 instead.

It's a lot more practical!

LOL ;)

#19 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Capes can be use in combat either to hide a weapons, blind an opponent, or if you’re skilled enough disarm the opponent. High heel boot can be use a projectiles but not good to wear for people known for agility.

#20 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut said:

@TheCrowbar: Capes can be use in combat either to hide a weapons, blind an opponent, or if you’re skilled enough disarm the opponent. High heel boot can be use a projectiles but not good to wear for people known for agility.

I'll tell you what capes are good for: getting caught by your oponent, slip, cling somewhere, disrupt your movements, accidentally choke or hang you, block your view, slow your speed. Plus, a cape with the same shape as Batgirl's, wouldn't help much while fighting. Even the Incredibles new that hehe.

Babs fighting style is not "hide and surprise" but "bring your oponent closer", what makes it easier for him/her to use the cape against the vigilant.

I've already seen real people fighting with adapted heels, but I've never seen any fighter wearing a cape. Clearly, there's a reason.

The righ base of a heel can really be an ally. Of course, I guess the lest accessories you have, the better you fight, but being different from real life is what makes the comics nice.

Last but not least...the heels were just an artist's add, they'll be gone someday.

And I'm done talking about it, I'm more concerned about issue #13 :)

#21 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

For the utility of certain high heels, see Dark Knight Rises.

#22 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

This is comics, people fly and pull planets around and you guys are seriously, seriously, complaint about high heels. Seriously?

#24 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

*complaining

#25 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: I think the reason is Daphne from Scooby Doo. Watch few episode of that and you never want to hear the word high heel shoes. As for why people don't complain about cape its Super Mario World. We could go deeper of comparing the significance of high heels and capes. Anyone interested on that topic?

#26 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6868 posts) - - Show Bio

that is really stupid. what super heroine fights in heels?

#27 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun said:

@X9 Wonder Woman isn't wearing high heels in the n52. Also, I don't consider this to be the reunion of the Batfamily since Cassandra Cain isn't there.

here here, agree completely.

#28 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

A woman can do anything a man can do, but in heels...

#29 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

It worked well enough for Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises :P

#30 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: yes, miss ginger rogers :p

#31 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

This is comics, people fly and pull planets around and you guys are seriously, seriously, complaint about high heels. Seriously?

ALSO,go on her page and look at her picture....I don't see high heels there,so maybe,just maybe,it's an artist thing!

High heels when your crime fighting is more of a hindrance,but it is clearly an artist thing.

ALSO people can you please wait for Cassandra and steph and blah blah,because they need some elbow room to make their appearance.But when you cry and scream for Cassandra and steph after every single comic........

Just wait,just because they didn't appear in the first 3 comics of the new 52 doesn't mean they aren't coming,we are only a year 1/2 in,not 5 years in.

Online
#32 Posted by TheCupcakeAvenger (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun said:

@X9 Wonder Woman isn't wearing high heels in the n52. Also, I don't consider this to be the reunion of the Batfamily since Cassandra Cain isn't there.

It is a reunion of the Batfamily, with all the present member being there, including Jason. I'm getting a little bit bored by all the complaints about missing characters in the DCnU. There's characters I miss, namely Stephanie Brown and Wally West, but I'm not going to complain at every turn about them not appearing. I'm enjoying the stories for what they are. These characters will come back, but I want it to be organic, and not feel forced due to fan demand.

To stay on topic, it seems like an artist thing. She doesn't seem to have them in her solo series. and it doesn't bother me. Like others have mentioned, we are discussing a universe where people have superpowers, there are aliens and clones and an intergalactic police force, so I don't think practicality has a place here, and becomes an invalid argument point.

#33 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCupcakeAvenger said:

@Shotgun said:

@X9 Wonder Woman isn't wearing high heels in the n52. Also, I don't consider this to be the reunion of the Batfamily since Cassandra Cain isn't there.

It is a reunion of the Batfamily, with all the present member being there, including Jason. I'm getting a little bit bored by all the complaints about missing characters in the DCnU. There's characters I miss, namely Stephanie Brown and Wally West, but I'm not going to complain at every turn about them not appearing. I'm enjoying the stories for what they are. These characters will come back, but I want it to be organic, and not feel forced due to fan demand.

To stay on topic, it seems like an artist thing. She doesn't seem to have them in her solo series. and it doesn't bother me. Like others have mentioned, we are discussing a universe where people have superpowers, there are aliens and clones and an intergalactic police force, so I don't think practicality has a place here, and becomes an invalid argument point.

there only roughly 13 issues out for each series, people need to calm down. I am sure they will bring them on later.

people complain for just about anything.

#34 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

@Shotgun said:

@X9 Wonder Woman isn't wearing high heels in the n52. Also, I don't consider this to be the reunion of the Batfamily since Cassandra Cain isn't there.

Oh, plz, get over it...

(I mean it with all due respect)

QFT

#35 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

1. An artist not from batgirl drew her with heels. big deal.

2. Catwoman used her heels to kick some major ass and be able to jump off buildings and all in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.

So haters, please......

#36 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Still hate the high heels and I'm not goung to change my opinion.

#37 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun: Nobody is asking you to, you can hate it for all i care. But that doesn't make it any wrong since Anne Hathaway could kickass in heels, why not Batgirl.

#38 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: She has a stunt team, Babs does not.

#39 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun: Babs doesn't need a stunt team. She is awesome like that.

#40 Edited by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I think you misunderstood. What I mean is that Anne Hathaway has a stunt team and film editing to look like she's kicking ass in heels. She would've spent a month or so on an action scene, if Jackie Chan and other action star interviews are to be believed. Batgirl does not.

#41 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

: With all due respect guys...are you still rabbiting on about it?!

LOL XD

#42 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun: but i doubt any stuntman can do what a comicbook character can

Online
#43 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: agreed

Online
#44 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: I usually always respond to any messages in my inbox. Also, "rabbiting"? lol, never heard of this one before.

#45 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun: Yes, because Anne Hathaway is an actor, not a real cat burglar. While Babs is a vigilante trained under batman.

You're not making sense, obviously, Anna Hathaway needs a stunt team. Nvm. End of discussion.

#46 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

: With all due respect guys...are you still rabbiting on about it?!

LOL XD

Nothing actually. haha.

#47 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I am making perfect sense, you're apparently having difficulty understanding it. I argue that its impractical to fight crime in high heels, you point out that Anne Hathaway did a lot of 'fighting' in high heels to defend the stupid shoes, I point out that Hathaway has a stunt team and CGI to pull it off, and the reply I got from you shows that you've seem to forgotten what we were even talking about.

Also, her training with Batman has nothing to do with high heels. This thread was just created to point out that the artist still included part of Barbara's old costume which should have been left out and far behind in the n52.

#48 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun said:

@sethysquare: I am making perfect sense, you're apparently having difficulty understanding it. I argue that its impractical to fight crime in high heels, you point out that Anne Hathaway did a lot of 'fighting' in high heels to defend the stupid shoes, I point out that Hathaway has a stunt team and CGI to pull it off, and the reply I got from you shows that you've seem to forgotten what we were even talking about.

Also, her training with Batman has nothing to do with high heels. This thread was just created to point out that the artist still included part of Barbara's old costume which should have been left out and far behind in the n52.

You are not making sense. Anne Hathaway is an actor, the fact that DKR is based on a realistic approach shows that women can run in high heels with the right training. She needs a stunt team because she is not a vigilante.

End of discussion. I'll keep repeating the same thing to you until you get how weak your argument is :)

#49 Edited by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Shotgun said:

@sethysquare: I am making perfect sense, you're apparently having difficulty understanding it. I argue that its impractical to fight crime in high heels, you point out that Anne Hathaway did a lot of 'fighting' in high heels to defend the stupid shoes, I point out that Hathaway has a stunt team and CGI to pull it off, and the reply I got from you shows that you've seem to forgotten what we were even talking about.

Also, her training with Batman has nothing to do with high heels. This thread was just created to point out that the artist still included part of Barbara's old costume which should have been left out and far behind in the n52.

You are not making sense. Anne Hathaway is an actor, the fact that DKR is based on a realistic approach shows that women can run in high heels with the right training. She needs a stunt team because she is not a vigilante.

End of discussion. I'll keep repeating the same thing to you until you get how weak your argument is :)

Women can run in high heels but they cannot realistically put up a good fight in them. It is amusing how blind you are to your own faults, and yes, I too will keep repeating the same thing until you understand how weak your argument is.

Edit: You saying end of discussion, does not mean I will let you have the last word in this :)

#50 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun said:

@sethysquare said:

@Shotgun said:

@sethysquare: I am making perfect sense, you're apparently having difficulty understanding it. I argue that its impractical to fight crime in high heels, you point out that Anne Hathaway did a lot of 'fighting' in high heels to defend the stupid shoes, I point out that Hathaway has a stunt team and CGI to pull it off, and the reply I got from you shows that you've seem to forgotten what we were even talking about.

Also, her training with Batman has nothing to do with high heels. This thread was just created to point out that the artist still included part of Barbara's old costume which should have been left out and far behind in the n52.

You are not making sense. Anne Hathaway is an actor, the fact that DKR is based on a realistic approach shows that women can run in high heels with the right training. She needs a stunt team because she is not a vigilante.

End of discussion. I'll keep repeating the same thing to you until you get how weak your argument is :)

Women can run in high heels but they cannot realistically put up a good fight in them. It is amusing how blind you are to your own faults, and yes, I too will keep repeating the same thing until you understand how weak your argument is.

Edit: You saying end of discussion, does not mean I will let you have the last word in this :)

not unless you're a vigilante capable of fighting serial killers and murderers.

I guess you don't read Superman because Superman can't realistically fly.

i will keep saying end of discussion until you get how weak your argument is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.