Follow

Barbara Gordon

Character » Barbara Gordon appears in 4183 issues.

Barbara Gordon was the first modern age Batgirl until she was brutally shot by the Joker, rendering her paralyzed from the waist down. Barbara reinvented herself as Oracle, providing intelligence to the DCU heroes and leading the Birds of Prey. She has recently become Batgirl once again to protect Gotham City.

Barbara Gordon's Creator

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

OK so recently I have been getting into the Batgirl comics and I noticed that they put the creator of Batgirl as Bob Kane. Why would they do that? Babs was created by Carmine Infantino and Gardner Fox. Also since we on the topic of "creators" how come in the Nightwing comic they credited creators are Marv Wolfman and George Perez when Bob Kane, Bill Finger, and Jerry Robinson created Dick Grayson. All Marv and George dead was create the Nightwing persona.

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@crazyscarecrow: cus Babs may be the more known Batgirl but she isn't the first. The first Batgirl pre Crisis was Bette Kane. Bette isn't as popular or as known so that's why Babs is thought to be the first Batgirl. Post Crisis maybe she was but the original Batgirl, Bette Kane, was in fact created by Bob Kane and Bill Fringer, just like Batman and Robin. Because Babs is the more iconic Batgirl many don't know about Bette. And for Nightwong Bob Kane and Bill Fringer may have created Dick Grayson, but Perez and Wolfman created his current persona of Nightwing, that's why. Kane and Fringer created Robin.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@crazyscarecrow: cus Babs may be the more known Batgirl but she isn't the first. The first Batgirl pre Crisis was Bette Kane. Bette isn't as popular or as known so that's why Babs is thought to be the first Batgirl. Post Crisis maybe she was but the original Batgirl, Bette Kane, was in fact created by Bob Kane and Bill Fringer, just like Batman and Robin. Because Babs is the more iconic Batgirl many don't know about Bette. And for Nightwong Bob Kane and Bill Fringer may have created Dick Grayson, but Perez and Wolfman created his current persona of Nightwing, that's why. Kane and Fringer created Robin.

That's really crazy.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@acolombia: Sorry for responding so late. I know about Bette Kane and how she was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane's ghost artist Sheldon Moldoff. Though I think the actual writer and artist who created that incarnation of the character should be listed. Finger and Moldoff didn't create Barbara Gordon just as Wolfman and Perez never created Dick Grayson.

I was just looking at it more as the crediting being more for the actual character itself, not the title.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.