Barbara Gordon - Batgirl or Oracle?

• 110 results
#101 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved her as Oracle but I want her as Batgirl, she's the best Batgirl and I'd like to read more comics about her as Batgirl but Simone needs to go, I was disappointed when they brought her back, I like Simone's work but her Batgirl run is pretty boring.

#102 Edited by Onyx_Nine (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Oracle is what made Barbara unique, else shes just another bat-person.

Agreed. I think it was a bit irresponsible of Babs to abandon her Oracle persona. Who knows maybe Savant from the wildcats can be oracle now :-p

#103 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing wrong with her as Batgirl. She's still tech savy and brilliant now she can do both on the field and oracle duties. I'd like her to be Batwoman tbh. Even before the new 52 there were teasers and hints shed walk again.

#104 Edited by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing wrong with her as Batgirl. She's still tech savy and brilliant now she can do both on the field and oracle duties. I'd like her to be Batwoman tbh. Even before the new 52 there were teasers and hints shed walk again.

Agreed.

#105 Posted by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss her as Oracle, it's not very often that there is representation of superheroes that have disabilities and there are few that exist now that they 'fixed' her and practically demoted her. As Oracle she was the most powerful women in dc. She could literally just expose every single super hero and super villains 'secret' identities if she wanted to and I just yeah. I miss it.

#106 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@batpala said:

I miss her as Oracle, it's not very often that there is representation of superheroes that have disabilities and there are few that exist now that they 'fixed' her and practically demoted her. As Oracle she was the most powerful women in dc. She could literally just expose every single super hero and super villains 'secret' identities if she wanted to and I just yeah. I miss it.

As Oracle she totally cold clocked Prometheus. She was awesome.

#107 Posted by Squalleon (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

Oracle.
She had a unique place in the DCU.
Plus Cassandra Kain was a better Batgirl :-P

#108 Posted by Black_Claw (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

Oracle. No contest.

#109 Posted by KiNgWooZiR (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see her as batgirl in Batman Arkham origins, but her life is better as oracle as sad as it is :(

#110 Edited by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked her better as Oracle.

#111 Posted by Batfam24 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the character of Barbara Gordon period. It makes me sad to see that some people feel like they have to choose between the two. Babs is amazing as Batgirl and she is amazing as Oracle. The only difference (to me) is that when she was Oracle, she had a farther reach when it came to who she could help and she lead her own (amazing) team of heroes. So in a way I can see why people feel she was demoted when she returned to being Batgirl. But she is still the same person. She is just as brilliant as she ever was and she still kicks ass. I would love to see her become Oracle again someday, but I enjoy seeing her doing the things she loves to do again as well. Hell, maybe she can pull double duty as Batgirl and Oracle!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.