Barbara Gordon

#1 Posted by tobiasPUNK (120 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell? Is she Jim's wife or daughter? I know she is the daughter in killing joke which is where she gets shot. But in Long Halloween she's Jim's wife. Jim has a son, Jim Jr. How many Barbara Gordon's are there?

#2 Posted by SupBatz (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara Gordon Sr. is Jim's wife and the mother of Barbara Gordon Jr. and Jim Gordon Jr.

Barbara Gordon Jr. (the daughter) is Batgirl and formerly Oracle. She was the one shot in The Killing Joke.

#3 Posted by tobiasPUNK (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz: Okay thank you for your help. And on that note what kind of parents just name their kids the same names as theirs? HAHA...alright my Dad did it to me but my sisters have different names to my Mum.

#4 Posted by MasterDetective (820 posts) - - Show Bio

If I am not mistaken, in the comics Barbara is Jim's ADOPTIVE daughter

#5 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes... Barbara Gordon Sr. is Jim Gordon's ex-wife who left him due to Gotham Criminals threatening her. She took James Gordon Jr. with her and he eventually ended up in a mental asylum and then a serial killer.

Barbara Gordon Jr. is Jim Gordon's niece/adopted daughter of his sister. I forget her previous sur-name but after several years Barbara changed her name officially to Gordon. Her mother, father, and I believe a brother were all murdered and/or in a car accident that killed all of them during the events that also lead to Barbara Gordon Sr. leaving. BG Jr. was never adopted by BG Sr. I also forget if BG Sr. died or not at some point, but I do know they were divorced.

Though that is not exactly accurate in Flashpoint, because idiot writers/editor have decided to mess with the canon and now Barbara Sr. and Jr. are mother and daughter apparently.

#6 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

: Well, according to the New 52, which should be the version that actually matters from now on, she's Jim and Barbara's biological daugther. (if not, nothing has been told about it yet)

Barbara Sr. left her and Jim apparently because of James Jr, mas there seems to be more about it.

Yeah, the names are a little silly: James and Barbara, James Jr and Barbara Jr XP

#7 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

.........a girl jr.?

#8 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

.........a girl jr.?

Haha, I just repeated what was written before

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.