Follow

Barack Obama

Character » Barack Obama appears in 434 issues.

Forty-Fourth President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama II is the first Biracial President and is a comic book character.

The image that made me HATE comics...

• 55 results
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vortex13
    @Michael6ft7 said:
    " Obama is a popular president...and he's doing a lot of good for the country...can't understand why some dislike him so. We are in tough times...and he's our president...seems quite unamerican to not get behind him and help...or at the very least not demean him at every turn.  I would submit that a president is infinitely more important than a rock star...what do they rock stars do?...use  illegal drugs, objectify women and promote a lack of morals through their lyrics? Hardly anything that should be celebrated. Saving a country from the brink however... "
    You really need to stop preaching.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Phorqe said:
    " @inferiorego:  Well A, he's the first black president. B, The market is flooded with his image, C, there are more comics books, writers and publishers.  There were only a couple comics around when FDR was Pres, Plus Reagan was probably the funniest guy to have in a comic. "
    FDR is one of our few good presidents though. As for Reagan, he's the equivalent of putting Arnold Schwartzeneger in a comic. Ok actor turned politician. 

@aztek the lost said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    " @Phorqe: My problem is that it's hasn't even been a year and he already has 21 issues.  Wait... Reagan has more than FDR? WTF? "
    he's also (as far as I can tell) the only President to have his dog in comics  as an added note, all those other Presidents appeared in comics as the President, Obama just appears as a publicity stunt "

That dog has more facetime than David Hasselhoff
    Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Phorqe
    @inferiorego: 
    I'm a big FDR fan. There are a lot of people that argue that Reagan is actually one of the best presidents we've had. He overcame a lot of things like the Cold War. He also started the War on Drugs, which some people think is noble while I think its a war on personal freedom, but hey- nobody's perfect. It depends on what poll you want to go by. Some rank him 3rd, some 2nd, some well below that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_United_States_Presidents#ABC_poll
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Phorqe said:
    " @inferiorego:  I'm a big FDR fan. There are a lot of people that argue that Reagan is actually one of the best presidents we've had. He overcame a lot of things like the Cold War. He also started the War on Drugs, which some people think is noble while I think its a war on personal freedom, but hey- nobody's perfect. It depends on what poll you want to go by. Some rank him 3rd, some 2nd, some well below that.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_United_States_Presidents#ABC_poll "
    People that argue Reagan is of the best is a little ridiculous. The cat blew so much money on ridiculous garbage. (war on drugs) I'm not a "green" person or anything, but he completely undid all of Carter's car emission policies put into place and essentially gave the finger to Carter's search for alternative fuels. I like Reagan, a lot in fact, but the guy did some screwed up stuff that put us where we're at now. 
    Michael6ft7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By Michael6ft7

Reagan allowed the continuation of Selective Service registration (despite his campaign promise to end it), helped the Khmer rouge terrorize thailand , funded the murderous brutal Contras, sold missiles to Iran, gave assistance to Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden, and lied to the American people.  He allowed more foreign cars to be imported than any president and after his terms ended began recieving 2 million dollars for speaking fees from all the major japanese car manufacturers...he sold us out in so many ways. 

Not to mention his "trickle down" economics...which meant give money and tax breaks to the rich...and maybe they would give some to poor and middle class (which they didnt). 

I think many are simply jealous of President Obama thats why theres all the hateraide. 

@Vortex13: It's called freedom of speech...truth hurts sometimes...if it didnt apply to you you wouldnt have even responded. It's funny how it's only  "preaching" when its something you disagree with.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Michael6ft7 said:
    "

Reagan allowed the continuation of Selective Service registration (despite his campaign promise to end it), helped the Khmer rouge terrorize thailand , funded the murderous brutal Contras, sold missiles to Iran, gave assistance to Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden, and lied to the American people.  He allowed more foreign cars to be imported than any president and after his terms ended began recieving 2 million dollars for speaking fees from all the major japanese car manufacturers...he sold us out in so many ways. 

Not to mention his "trickle down" economics...which meant give money and tax breaks to the rich...and maybe they would give some to poor and middle class (which they didnt). 

I think many are simply jealous of President Obama thats why theres all the hateraide. 

@Vortex13: It's called freedom of speech...truth hurts sometimes...if it didnt apply to you you wouldnt have even responded. It's funny how it's only  "preaching" when its something you disagree with. "

More reasons the star of "Bedtime for Bonzo" is highly over-rated
    Jerry Seinfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#57  Edited By Jerry Seinfeld

This image makes me dislike Spiderman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.