Follow

Banshee

Character » Banshee appears in 2399 issues.

Banshee was a mutant with a sonic scream. Born in Ireland, he pursued a career in Interpol, the X-Men, Generation X as Co-Headmaster, and founded X-Corp. He was the father of Theresa Cassidy as well as Black Tom Cassidy's cousin. He has since become bonded to the Spirit of Variance.

X-men/ Necrosha/ Banshee

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Edited By Gylan Thomas
    JUST READ X-FORCE #25.   NOT A GREAT COMIC BUT IT DIDN'T MAKE IT CERTAIN BANSHEE HADN'T SURVIVED. 
    FINGERS CROSSED :D

Now that  Aquaman's back I want my other favourite dead guy back.
    Banshee's death felt like it was purely for shock value and to prove how bad ass Vulcan was. His page count in Deadly Genesis was just mean.
    He's been around a long time. Longer even than most of the new X-men who signed up with him. 
    He had a lot of potential and was massively under used.
    Wouldn't he have made a great companion for Wolverine? Think about it. A hard drinkin' Canadian scrapper and an Irish man? (I'm from an Irish back ground so I can say that :P ) And some how Wolverine ended up BFF with Nightcrawler and Colosuss? Don't get me wrong. They're two of my favourite X-folks but why not give a character like Logan a like minded friend? Stereotypes make for weak writing but more often than not Banshee was written kinda boring so why not have given him a pint of Guinness once in a while? Woulda been a cool buddy set up for Wolverine and Banshee to have spent some time together and make more sense than Wolverine hanging with a well behaved Catholic elf and a farm boy.

Another perfectly valid reason for givin' us back Sean Cassidy is the very fact he is Irish. Marvel and particularly the X-men used to be a lot more international and Sean was the big Irish character. In a medium dominated by American character that obviously played against him but there's not another Irish character who's got his tenure so genticly cleansing the X-books seems kinda unfair. 
    Remember Colossus being written off to cure the legacy virus?
    What it really amounts to is that we lost comicdoms best Irish character for simple shock value on a character who's also now been killed off and because of the Superman syndrome he may actually not return. Superman syndrome? Vulcan was too powerfull and there for a difficult character to write. We'll inevitabilly get Black Bolt back because he's a classic and eventually some writer who likes him enough will ask Joey Q permision to revive him.

So come on X-fans. If you've got any Celtic blood demand our mutant hero back and demand he be treated with a little respect this time. Give him an edge. Dude's been through enough to make it plausible. Remember him back in AoA? That was cool right? We saw some of his potential back in the Generation X day.
    And from a story stand point more international characters make for a more plausible world.

So come one Joey Q. Give the people what they want. I'll even write a decent mini my self to reintroduce Sean to the fan free of charge. What? Writing experience? Erm....does this blogg count?

And another thing. When's Jean comin' back? DC's puttin' right Morrisons other mistake as we speak so how about you admit he's crazy and killin' her off again was a bad idea. 
    I wouldn't want to be the writer to get that assignment but we know it's comin' some where down the line. 
    I waited out long enough for Barry Allen to come back so I can wait  for Jean too 

One more thing....I....erm....kinda didn't read Necrosha. Any one wanna fill me in on the current status of Banshee? Just so I know what I've got to work with when Joey Q asks me to bring him back.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.