Follow

Banshee

Character » Banshee appears in 2399 issues.

Banshee was a mutant with a sonic scream. Born in Ireland, he pursued a career in Interpol, the X-Men, Generation X as Co-Headmaster, and founded X-Corp. He was the father of Theresa Cassidy as well as Black Tom Cassidy's cousin. He has since become bonded to the Spirit of Variance.

He made a cameo in the Wolverine movie!

whirlwind6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whirlwind6

He was one of the mutants that Wolverine freed.  You can tell because he had duck tape over his mouth and looked like a stero-typical Irish guy.

hpwaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By hpwaz

Is a picture on the internet,or did you just see it in the movie?

whirlwind6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By whirlwind6

I saw it in the movie.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Darkchild

I noticed em in the movie too

along with Quicksilver, Riptide i think, storm, toad i think, their were twin girls and a few others i cant remember off the top of my head

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    aztek the lost said:
    "they need to have stills of all those prisoners so they can more easily be identified"
    Yes they do, when I saw the movie, I was trying figure out who was who in the cage's but they didn't give them a enough screen time to be idetified

Darkchild said:
    "I noticed em in the movie tooalong with Quicksilver, Riptide i think, storm, toad i think, their were twin girls and a few others i cant remember off the top of my head"
    I missed Quicksilver, was he the guy shaking the whole cage?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9bb5509ec3c
    deactivated-5c9bb5509ec3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh yeah I remember seeing a bunch of those mutants!

8D

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SUNMAN

barely noticed any of them. 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    SUNMAN said:
    "barely noticed any of them. "

The only one's you could even notiest were Scott and Emma Frost (or should I say Emma Silverfox)
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty
    War Killer said:
    "SUNMAN said:
    "barely noticed any of them. "
    The only one's you could even notiest were Scott and Emma Frost (or should I say Emma Silverfox)"
    Only to the casual observer, who has never read any X-Men comics.

Darkchild said:
    "I noticed em in the movie tooalong with Quicksilver, Riptide i think, storm, toad i think, their were twin girls and a few others i cant remember off the top of my head"
    Banshee was in one of the first cages that Wolverine came across.  He was a short kid with bright red hair, freckles and a huge gag apparently glued on to his mouth.

Quicksilver was in a cage further down the line and to the right.  A white haired kid that blurred as he ran around his cage... but then snapped back in to the centre of the cage because he was strapped in to a harness constructed of multiple elastic bands.

There was a girl who was frosted up.  It's possible she was the child Storm from the trailer, but since they cut her I doubt they'd have left that tiny clip in... so maybe it was someone else.

The Asian Twins (as they were named in the credits) had a purple streak in their hair.  Psylocke in The last Stand had a purple streak in her hair... so my best guess was that they were Movie equivilent of Psylocke & Revanche.

There was a whirling tornado who settled into a boy, who many suspect was Whirlwind.

I didn't see Toad, and I can't remember any of the others.   They were only there for cameos.  As soon as they were freed from their (rather crappy) cells, none of them did anything to help them escape.  Quicksilver could have scouted the entire complex is a matter of moments, Banshee could have taken down the guards, Whirlwind could have covered their escape... but they didn't.  Because it was in the script for Scott & Emma to save the day.
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By dane

For a bunch of mutants they sure were portrayed to be helpless.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Dane said:
    "For a bunch of mutants they sure were portrayed to be helpless."

No wonder they were caught. 

Although, if Stryker & Victor had been kidnapping mutants for 6 years, and only Gambit escaped... then why did they have such a small collection of mutants?  Was Victor snacking on them in the middle of the night?

And considering the multitude of powers that those kids had, ready for the "Pool" none of them were actually put into Deadpool... Wraith & Cyclops' were, which was impressive considering that they'd only just received those genetic samples.  But they didn't use any of the DNA from the kids that they'd been holding for years... Lame.
    TheWhitePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheWhitePrince

@xerox-kitty said:
    "Dane said:
    "For a bunch of mutants they sure were portrayed to be helpless."
    No wonder they were caught.  Although, if Stryker & Victor had been kidnapping mutants for 6 years, and only Gambit escaped... then why did they have such a small collection of mutants?  Was Victor snacking on them in the middle of the night?And considering the multitude of powers that those kids had, ready for the "Pool" none of them were actually put into Deadpool... Wraith & Cyclops' were, which was impressive considering that they'd only just received those genetic samples.  But they didn't use any of the DNA from the kids that they'd been holding for years... Lame. "

You have thought the first powers Stryker added, where any psychic abilities, and Quicksilver's super speed.
    I thought the twins coulda been M's little sisters. I mean the movies havent actually made any sense so far so I dont see why they couldn't have been.

What really ticked me off with the movie is that they made Emma Frost Silverfox's sister, and cut out her telepathy!! I was mortified they could kill a character so much. Not only that, Emma was old enough to be Charles' consort originally correct?
    I would have loved for them to do the entire Sisters Frost in the cages. But noooooooooo they had to make her seem pathetic and weak. Terrible...
    Who directed it, and who wrote it, they need multiple smacks across the face with the entire X-Men series. Beat some sense into them.

And another thing. They should never have put Quicksilver in the cages. Cause if Magneto knew his son had been captured, he would tear that place up til kingdom come in order to save him.
    TheWhitePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheWhitePrince
    @whirlwind6: 

Is Banshee Scottish?
    whirlwind6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By whirlwind6

He's Irish.

TheWhitePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheWhitePrince

You sure? Cos red heads are typical of Scottish people.

Just read the profile - sorry bout me, he is Irish....

archangel0127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By archangel0127

I no am a bit late to this forum thing but the mutants were being used to make dead'pool' so why kidnapp banshee, a mutant with sound/voice based power if ur just goin to weld dp's mouth shut 
    whirlwind6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By whirlwind6
    @archangel0127:
    Good point.
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@aztek the lost said:
    " they need to have stills of all those prisoners so they can more easily be identified "
    agreed.
    but i want to see banshee as siren's father in deadpool, so ill just pretend its ruckus. 
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Cherry Bomb

Need stills and caps? Here you go. (: 

I see Banshee and Quicksilver!
     I see Banshee and Quicksilver!

Emma and I have no idea who the others are, apart from Scott of course.
     Emma and I have no idea who the others are, apart from Scott of course.

? and Quicksilver and ?
     ? and Quicksilver and ?

Psylocke and Revanche?
     Psylocke and Revanche?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.