Follow

Bane

Character » Bane appears in 1056 issues.

Born sentenced to life in prison for the crimes of his father, the boy who would be come Bane learned that the strong survive, and the strongest become king. Forging himself into the pinnacle of physical and mental potential and becoming "king" of his prison, he learned of the Batman, "king" of Gotham City . Escaping and studying his quarry, Bane challenged and defeated Batman, becoming known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat".

Why Bane is more realistic then you might think.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sydpart2

So I have noticed a large number of comments with the false proposition that Bane isn't a very realistic character. Most people will often correct this and talk about how Bane isn't much more than a guy on steroids. While this isn't incorrect, I feel it is to limited. While someone on steroids may be able to lift much more than your average person, it still doesn't seem to quite fit with the power that we have seen Bane have in the comics, something I believe is obtainable. Now I implore you to read this article from a muscle building website. I assure you it is 100% true and you can find other articles by other writers on the same subject matter. 
     http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_investigative/training_behind_bars_i
    To much to read? That's ok, let me sum it up for ya. What it's basically about is guys in prison who can power lift right around six hundred pounds and more. They more or less spend their entire day training and lifting. Bane's origin has a lot to do with being raised in a prison and training. The idea that he could be just as or even more physically fit as some of these guys is by no stretch of the imagination possible. Now just imagine one of those guys on some steroids! I could honestly see it being within their limits to pick up a small car and throw it at someone. I mean hell, just look at some of the strong men shows, the kind of shit those guys do would easily be within Bane's ability. So Bane being realistic is just as easy as removing the tubes and replacing them with injections of steroids, and hey maybe some false adrenaline just to make it a little more interesting. Be like Crank meets WWE. Thoughts?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

I can't believe people are actually questioning the validity of Bane's realism....

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Caligula
    @Sydpart2: also like all of the dudes in World's strongest Man Competitions and such pull semi's and lift car-frames
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @Sydpart2:
    what do you mean by Powerlift? powerift isn't a specific exercise.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

A super intelligent South American on steroids makes more sense than a traumatized billionaire dressing up like a Bat and punching people 

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andferne
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " A super intelligent South American on steroids makes more sense than a traumatized billionaire dressing up like a Bat and punching people  "
    lmao
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sydpart2
    @Son_of_Magnus: oh really, so what is the appropirate reaction to seeing your parents killed in front of you? I mean I get that it isn't a normal or nessecarily realistic reaction, I'm not going to say it isn't but how is it not a valid one? 
    and @Thor's Hammer idk what exactly it means I was just quoting from the article on the site I linked.
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @Sydpart2: 

oh alright then its beliveable at first i thought it ment overhead press, which of course would be ridiculos
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#9  Edited By MTHarman

Oh there's a side of Bane that does express the abnormal part of society that was raised horribly wrong, which im about to express very soon. 

The closest thing you would get on comparing a man like Bane into the real world, is almost seen within the film known as the midnight express, but with a different outlook. 
    Ash The Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Ash The Flash

I am really enjoying the way Bane's character has been written in Secret Six. If you over look the powers thing I see the character itself as realistic.

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

BANE IS A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.