Wasn't as bad as I feared

#1 Posted by Saren (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoiler alert if you haven't read Batman: The Dark Knight #6

Bane wasn't as ridiculously overmuscled inside the book as he was on the cover. He was still a pretty big guy, but if that's the result of this new Venom drug then I can live with it. Most importantly, his speech indicates he's retained his intelligence (though he says the new Venom makes him smarter, take that as you will). What think?

Side note: His portrayal in Justice League Doom was pretty good too.

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic's still terrible.

#3 Posted by Saren (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

True. What I hate most are the unnecessary cameos.

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@mr.obvious said:

True. What I hate most are the unnecessary cameos.

Nah, I don't think its that. Maybe because Batman suddenly has a random craving for ice cream? Or the juiced-up Joker? Or the obvious marvel rip-off of White Rabbit? Or that infamous pic of BATMAN PUNCHING OUT AND KO'ING SUPERMAN?!?!?

So yeah, that comic sucks. HARD. :P

#5 Posted by TDK_1997 (13670 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Spoiler alert if you haven't read Batman: The Dark Knight #6

Bane wasn't as ridiculously overmuscled inside the book as he was on the cover. He was still a pretty big guy, but if that's the result of this new Venom drug then I can live with it. Most importantly, his speech indicates he's retained his intelligence (though he says the new Venom makes him smarter, take that as you will). What think?

Side note: His portrayal in Justice League Doom was pretty good too.

Let's hope that they turn the book in something good because of him but this book sucked too much to be rebuild in something nice.

#6 Posted by k4tzm4n (35195 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it as well, but I'm cautious about how he'll continue to perform.

Staff
#7 Posted by Billy Batson (56869 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything went better than exception.
-Uncle Bane
BB

#8 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is teh a greater mind(what the hell is that? lol),still I was pleasantly surprised,lets hope the next issue is worth it as well.

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

Got any scans?

#10 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I still read this book and Detective Comics for some reason. I liked the ending, but we know it isn't going anywhere next issue.

#11 Posted by Saren (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Got any scans?

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Got any scans?

Nice.

#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Got any scans?

Huh that wasn't half bad. I still feel like the whole back breaking thing is starting to become very overplayed.

#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: He'll break your back little man.

#15 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

That's good to hear (re TDK). I liked him in JLDoom as well.

Finch is getting a co-writer or something on this some time soon, the guy who's writing the Penguin Mini. Might check it out when that happens.

#16 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: If you ignore the bondage sex outfit and the "HA HA HA", it was actually...okay.

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

I surprisingly liked it and I agree with CitizenBane, his portrayal in JL:Doom was one of the better ones that he's had.

#18 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@entropy_aegis: If you ignore the bondage sex outfit and the "HA HA HA", it was actually...okay.

lol,

#19 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I lol'd when I saw he had black lipstick on in the movie

#20 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

I lol'd when I saw he had black lipstick on in the movie

That wasn't lipstick it was manstick used only by the manliest of men when there off to do manly things with manly men that are manly and are also men. C'mon Crowbar, get your facts straight before you go making accusations........

#21 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: I was afraid that you might go on a killing spree if his portrayal had been godawful. LOL

#22 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@entropy_aegis: I was afraid that you might go on a killing spree if his portrayal had been godawful. LOL

I still might depending on how the next issue turns out, lol.

#23 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@jrock85 said:

I still might depending on how the next issue turns out, lol.

LMAO

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.