Follow

Bane

Character » Bane appears in 1056 issues.

Born sentenced to life in prison for the crimes of his father, the boy who would be come Bane learned that the strong survive, and the strongest become king. Forging himself into the pinnacle of physical and mental potential and becoming "king" of his prison, he learned of the Batman, "king" of Gotham City . Escaping and studying his quarry, Bane challenged and defeated Batman, becoming known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat".

The Tom Hardy Bane complaint thread

• 63 results
    Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By Saren

@vandinejd_1991 said:

None of those are completely or partially awesome. None.

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By WildValentine

Tom Hardy is a incredibly devoted actor. I'm so pleased with Nolan's choice. I mean, have the haters even read the rap he's getting from the likes of Gary Oldman and Christian Bale? These are two critically acclaimed actors.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#53  Edited By Dracade102

Wow, this thread was made on Christmas Eve last year? Strange... At any rate though, I think Tom Hardy did an incredible job as Bane. I personally liked him as Bane better than Heath as Joker.

Avatar image for banealwaysbreaksbatman
    BaneAlwaysBreaksBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I made account just so I could say this. TO HARDY IS A FUNKIN GREAT ACTOR AND HE DID A AMAZING JOB AS BANE AND HE DID BREAK THE FRIKEN BAT ANDHOW IN THEHECK IN A NORMAL GUY SUPPOSE TO BULK UP TO 400 POUNDS!? HOW IN THE HECK!? HE DID SO GREATANDHOS VOICE WAS COMPLETLY UNDERSTANABLE AND IT WAS SEXY AS H*LL THAT MAN IS BANE AND NO ONE BETTER ARGUE WITH ME!

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By SupBatz

I thought he did an adequate job. I have no complaints with his acting but at the same time I didn't feel he gave a performance as lasting and memorable as some of Nolan's trilogy's other actors.

Avatar image for banealwaysbreaksbatman
    BaneAlwaysBreaksBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HE DID A AMAZING AND MEMORABLE JOB HE PULLED IT OFF SO FREKIN WELL GOD I DONT KNOW HOW I HECK PEOPLE ARE LIKE,' hes too small' and,' he needs to be four hundred pounds' NEWS FLASH BEING TWO HINDRED POUNDS OF PURE MUSCLE IS IMPOSSIBLE! Gah

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57  Edited By SupBatz

@BaneAlwaysBreaksBatman: That's one opinion. While I have no problems with his size, I just didn't find his performance to be very memorable. Not like Hathaway's or Ledger's.

spectre108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By spectre108

@BaneAlwaysBreaksBatman said:

HE DID A AMAZING AND MEMORABLE JOB HE PULLED IT OFF SO FREKIN WELL GOD I DONT KNOW HOW I HECK PEOPLE ARE LIKE,' hes too small' and,' he needs to be four hundred pounds' NEWS FLASH BEING TWO HINDRED POUNDS OF PURE MUSCLE IS IMPOSSIBLE! Gah

You need to ease up with the caps there, bro.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#59  Edited By TheCannon

Why would anyone complain?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By entropy_aegis

@SupBatz said:

@BaneAlwaysBreaksBatman: That's one opinion. While I have no problems with his size, I just didn't find his performance to be very memorable. Not like Hathaway's or Ledger's.

Nah,Anne has a lot of competition in the form of Newmar and Pfeiffer.Hardy gave the definite portrayal of Bane,his will hold up longer,heck they were even making fun of Romney using Bane masks.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AtPhantom

@entropy_aegis said:

Nah,Anne has a lot of competition in the form of Newmar and Pfeiffer.Hardy gave the definite portrayal of Bane,his will hold up longer,heck they were even making fun of Romney using Bane masks.

Not that I don't agree with you but to be fair, being a definitive portrayal when your only competition is this:

No Caption Provided

Isn't exactly an achievement. :P

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By Bruxae

Hardy was an awesome CHARACTER but not a BANE.

I was suprisingly impressed by how great a character he was since I didnt have any big expectations or hopes, but I dont like when they stray so far from the actual comic version and still use the name Bane.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Bruxae said:

Hardy was an awesome CHARACTER but not a BANE.

I was suprisingly impressed by how great a character he was since I didnt have any big expectations or hopes, but I dont like when they stray so far from the actual comic version and still use the name Bane.

Uh no,apart from his costume,he was exceptionally close to his comicbook counterpart,heck they even incorporated his protector angle(here it was Talia,in the comics it's Scandal).@AtPhantom said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Not that I don't agree with you but to be fair, being a definitive portrayal when your only competition is this:

No Caption Provided

Isn't exactly an achievement. :P

Eh atleast Hardy erased that guy from history,Anne was my favorite Catwoman and she was closer to the source than any other incarnation but Pfeiffer unfortunately is gonna be a tough act to follow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.