The problem with Bane - he's 1 dimensional with no motivation

• 58 results
#51 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@CitizenBane: @entropy_aegis:

He might troll in many other threads, he might hate many popular characters. But there is no trolling in this thread by him. He listed other villains that he thinks that have more motivation than Bane. Though I disagree, at least just explain to him why you think he is wrong. Not tell him to die and all gang up on him like a couple of losers.

. I see nothing wrong with this thread. Just because he 'trolled' on other threads and might have a rep for trolling, doesn't mean every single thread he makes is going to be a troll thread. Sorry, i just think alot of the posts said to him were shot out and pretty unnecessary. Regardless of what he has done before. Let Mods take care of trolls, it's not your position to tell people to die and basically label them as trash. We have mods for a reason, and I havent seen this thread locked yet for the 'trolling' you all say he is doing.

This IS Hoboseid's way of trolling,he gave no relevant reasons and his history is...UGH.He's up there with Klandichar.

#52 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

He might troll in many other threads, he might hate many popular characters. But there is no trolling in this thread by him. He listed other villains that he thinks that have more motivation than Bane. Though I disagree, at least just explain to him why you think he is wrong. Not tell him to die and all gang up on him like a couple of losers.

. I see nothing wrong with this thread. Just because he 'trolled' on other threads and might have a rep for trolling, doesn't mean every single thread he makes is going to be a troll thread. Sorry, i just think alot of the posts said to him were shot out and pretty unnecessary. Regardless of what he has done before. Let Mods take care of trolls, it's not your position to tell people to die and basically label them as trash. We have mods for a reason, and I havent seen this thread locked yet for the 'trolling' you all say he is doing.

This IS Hoboseid's way of trolling,he gave no relevant reasons and his history is...UGH.He's up there with Klandichar.

who is that, a former troll?
#53 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

@higher_evolutionary said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

who is that, a former troll?

Yes

#54 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7853 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Well, it's all good, bro. was just saying. But obv. you encountered him quite often. I rarely make my way to the Battle threads anyways.

#55 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Hoboseid: Ofcourse there is,Vengeance of Bane,Knightfall and Legacy are enough and it's not like Nolan is using decades worth of material either.

Bane has already topped the Joker as a villain and a character,what remains is whether he achieve the same level of recognition,doubtful admittedly.

No, mate. I know you love Bane, but he's not close to the Joker. Not even in the same league.

In the movie lol,ofcourse Joker is untouchable in the comics and in iconic status.You won't hear me denying that.

I don't really get Bane

and to be honest it might be because i've only read about a dozen arcs with Bane in comics but I still feel he's one dimensional

Also the cartoon version of Bane added nothing to the character

While toon versions of WonderWoman, JohnStewart, Joker, Loki, Spider-Man, Avengers, Batman etc really helped grow new life into these characters

Bane IMO is not movie material

a cartoonish gimp who ate steroids and hates batman
#56 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoboseid said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Hoboseid: Ofcourse there is,Vengeance of Bane,Knightfall and Legacy are enough and it's not like Nolan is using decades worth of material either.

Bane has already topped the Joker as a villain and a character,what remains is whether he achieve the same level of recognition,doubtful admittedly.

No, mate. I know you love Bane, but he's not close to the Joker. Not even in the same league.

In the movie lol,ofcourse Joker is untouchable in the comics and in iconic status.You won't hear me denying that.

I don't really get Bane

and to be honest it might be because i've only read about a dozen arcs with Bane in comics but I still feel he's one dimensional

Also the cartoon version of Bane added nothing to the character

While toon versions of WonderWoman, JohnStewart, Joker, Loki, Spider-Man, Avengers, Batman etc really helped grow new life into these characters

Bane IMO is not movie material

a cartoonish gimp who ate steroids and hates batman

I may have overlooked this,....but have you read any of his issues such as Batman: Vengeance of Bane 1-2 or Batman: Knightfall?

#57 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman: I have no idea how his mind works,I wonder which toon versions of Loki and Avengers he's referring to.

#58 Edited by chrisj_1 (261 posts) - - Show Bio
@mtharman said:

Bane grew up in a foreign prison for his fathers sins where he roughly learned that the way of life is to overcome fear by being greater than and it's superior. After making his first kill, Bane built himself into a killing machine because of the days he trained his mind and body for his fight to be the superior man as the means for survival.

Unless you've seen these foreign prisons like I have during one of my tours, it's common to find it hard on following Bane's character.

By the time Bane grew into adulthood, there was still a fear among the prison that he has yet to overcome, which was the name of Batman. Bane made it his primary goal to hunt this monstrous Batman after his escape and become his master as well. Which he successfully did.

Understanding Bane has more psychological meaning than the other Batman villains we grew into.

Yeah I know this threads over a year old but I never understood Bane either. I knew his back story I've read Knightfall already but randomly his greatest fear is the Batman just seems way too shoehorned in just so he has some reason to fight Batman. Unless he lived in Gotham and had a reason to know about him it just doesn't make sense to me. It just seems extremely lazy on the authors and don't get me wrong I love the character otherwise but that is not a strong enough motivation for what he did, systematically breaking the man down over a couple months then crippling him. and even if you think so put yourself in the audience's shows for a second. That level of deep psychology's going to fly over their heads and they're going to pass it off as stupid. I'm not saying he needed one of those generic motivations like revenge or hatred for the city itself or something quite the opposite I believe Bane's character would've been more consistent had his motivation been something more professional and impersonal. I really just don't think Batman being Bane's personal demon would work well for a movie as much as I would love his story to be the focus of one.

But yeah he isn't one-dimensional problem is his motivation is just a tinybit sketchy or at the very least would be in the eyes of the general movie audience.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.