New pictures of Tom Hardy as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises!

• 63 results
#1 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Pics of him from the set!  

He appears to be positioning himself for a speech, maybe? 

Oh, and he's STANDING ON A TUMBLER. 

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty f*cking cool

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
pretty f*cking cool
My thoughts exactly. 
#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Badass find dude. Two thumbs up.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

Badass find dude. Two thumbs up.

Thank you! :D 
#7 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

Noice.

#8 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks okay. It isn't what he looks like in comics but I think I'll like it when I see it.

#9 Posted by Pokeysteve (8312 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that thinks he looks ridiculous? Looks more like bald Sub-Zero than  Bane. 

#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:
Am I the only one that thinks he looks ridiculous? Looks more like bald Sub-Zero than  Bane. 
And Joker looked like a kid who went into his grandmother's powder room and splattered makeup onto his face to cover up a horrible sword swallowing accident.  

Jokes aside, I actually like his look, and can't wait for the movie.
#11 Posted by Pokeysteve (8312 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
@Pokeysteve said:
And Joker looked like a kid who went into his grandmother's powder room and splattered makeup onto his face to cover up a horrible sword swallowing accident.   Jokes aside, I actually like his look, and can't wait for the movie.
I didn't like Joker either but that movie was entertaining. I'll Rises but I'm not really excited for it. Not really a Batman fan outside of anything Conroy does =D
#12 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Pokeysteve said:
And Joker looked like a kid who went into his grandmother's powder room and splattered makeup onto his face to cover up a horrible sword swallowing accident.   Jokes aside, I actually like his look, and can't wait for the movie.
I didn't like Joker either but that movie was entertaining. I'll Rises but I'm not really excited for it. Not really a Batman fan outside of anything Conroy does =D
Ah, I see. I'm a Nolan fan as well as Conroy. That's cool though, obviously. :D 
#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:
Well no one expected him to look like a luchedor in a Nolan movie did they?
#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@Pokeysteve said:
...I had that hope... It was slim, but I had it, lol. 

Now if only he was throwing the tumbler, I'd have a complete nerdgasim, but standing's cool too. 
#15 Posted by Pokeysteve (8312 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
@Pokeysteve said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Pokeysteve said:
Ah, I see. I'm a Nolan fan as well as Conroy. That's cool though, obviously. :D 
They both have their place and their fans. 

@joshmightbe said:
@Pokeysteve said:
No I expected Nolan to screw him up as well. Just seeing if anyone else has similar opinions is all. 
#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

could be worse 

Bane from the Batman and Robin Movie
#17 Posted by longbowhunter (7103 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the look. Did anyone really expect Bane to look like he does in the comics?
#18 Posted by danhimself (22564 posts) - - Show Bio

despite him not wearing his mask (which would have looked ridiculous in the Nolan movies) the general design of the mask is there with the way the mask goes over his face

#19 Posted by TenEyedMen (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is wearing his pimp coat like a boss!

#20 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:
lol.
#21 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
could be worse 
Bane from the Batman and Robin Movie
Am I blind or does this look more like Bane.
#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone: You cannot call yourself a Batman fan and defend any part of that movie
#23 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:
No, you're definitely not the only one...  I'm hoping it looks better on screen.
#24 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@turoksonofstone: You cannot call yourself a Batman fan and defend any part of that movie
This is true I admit but it looks more like Bane.
#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone: If Bane Looking different is what it takes to get him in a non retarded movie its a price I'm willing to pay 
#26 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan's Bane looks freakin' awesome.
#27 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe
Why not simply make a non-"retarded" movie where he looks like Bane too? Than I would be willing to pay.
#28 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone: Well he doesn't look bad sure he looks different from the comics but so does Batman, Alfred, the Batmobile and many other things in the Nolan movies 
#29 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:  
Yes, I agree the Nolan versions are very different..
#30 Posted by Edamame (28169 posts) - - Show Bio

That's awesome!

#31 Posted by nnotdead (78 posts) - - Show Bio

if you have nothing nice to say...

#32 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

I see that mask and can't help but think Killer Croc..

#33 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll wait to see it in action in the trailer before giving a full opinion. As of right now, it looks wicked badass but perhaps a little hokey? I dunno. I have utter faith in Nolan, though. 

#34 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@nnotdead said:
then you are the average internet user
#35 Posted by Edamame (28169 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@nnotdead said:
Precisely. lol
#36 Posted by nnotdead (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@nnotdead said:
or at least 15% of the human race
#37 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@nnotdead: I'd say more like 51%
#38 Posted by Edamame (28169 posts) - - Show Bio
@nnotdead said:
@joshmightbe said:
@nnotdead said:
or at least 15% of the human race
Oh, it's definitely much higher than just 15%.  
#39 Posted by War Killer (20223 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
despite him not wearing his mask (which would have looked ridiculous in the Nolan movies) the general design of the mask is there with the way the mask goes over his face
Yeah, if you actually paint the parts of his mask where his skin is showing white, it would actually look a lot like his mask from the comics, was wondering if anyone else noticed that... <_<
#40 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

kabal ..............kabal is that you ?
#41 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like a team of assassins

#42 Posted by Do I have to give a name? (971 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not too keen on the look. But Tom Hardy is a great actor and from what I've seen of Bane he's a very good character. So I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

#43 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7823 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff, Can't wait

#44 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

That is the worst thing I've ever seen. This just confirms my belief that this movie will be a disaster and that DC should stop making live-action movies because they're getting worse with each film.

#45 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger said:
That is the worst thing I've ever seen. This just confirms my belief that this movie will be a disaster and that DC should stop making live-action movies because they're getting worse with each film.

Um... that's an example of an overreaction.  I'm not sold on the look, but Hardy IS a great actor, and aside from the difference of height and outfit, there aren't any major deviations from the original character. I'm worried about his accent, though.....
#46 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger

Wait ...Green Lantern....Jonah Hex....  

I'll still think The Dark Knight Rises will do the last two films and fans justice.
#47 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio
@longbowhunter said:
I like the look. Did anyone really expect Bane to look like he does in the comics?
#48 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4733 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a little late to introduce spandex in the Nolan universe. The Bane costume is a bit over the top, but then again so is Batman's assault armor, Ra's al Ghul's edgy apparel and Bruce's overly dramatic conversations with Alfred. As long as they keep referencing Wayne being the mask and an idea, every fanboy will leave the theater happy.

#49 Posted by howlettgrowl (729 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like bane is wearing snake's suit from metal gear solid 4!!!!! 

#50 Posted by Billy Batson (58031 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. 

BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.