Liked Nolan's Bane or not

#1 Posted by Jbhdbc (145 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by z1co80 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

No

The voice was terrible and for me it spoiled the whole movie.

#3 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he was great

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved.

I was disappointed on how they finished him off, but I loved everything about Tom Hardy's performance. The voice especially.

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3818 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Tom Hardy's Bane. It was certainly a nice change from... THIS:

#6 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

I liked Tom Hardy's Bane. It was certainly a nice change from... THIS:

Bomb... bomb... bomb... bomb...

#7 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I thought it was wonderfully acted, even if the audio was a little off. Hopefully they'll fix it for the DVD release.

#8 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@z1co80:

#9 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it for the most part, and it was acted terrifically. They only thing that really bugged me about Bane was how small he was. Sure Hardy bulked up pretty well for the role, but he's still just an average size guy. Bane was suppose to be HUGE!

#10 Edited by z1co80 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW:

Read the post, I said it spoiled the movie FOR ME, There was times i didn't have a clue what he said, That being said it was well acted it's just his speech was horrible..

It's great that you liked it but how is my opinion wrong if the question is whether i liked the Nolan's Bane? Are you saying you have the right to say what MY opinion should be? or do you just like to post dumb videos because someones opinion differs from yours.

#11 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

terrible voice....passable clothes though..

#12 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

It's odd, I like Bale's performance. He was the best Batman to date, and I think Nolan's Batman is the best one to date, but I extremely dislike the liberties Nolan takes with Batman's character. Didn't mind that much in the first two movies, but it ruined the third movie for me. I want Batman to be realistic, but not so realistic that you have to phase out who Batman is and basically forget his comic book origins. Future Batman movies need to learn to strike a balance between the real world and the comic book world the way Marvel films does.

#13 Edited by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

It's odd, I like Bale's performance. He was the best Batman to date, and I think Nolan's Batman is the best one to date, but I extremely dislike the liberties Nolan takes with Batman's character. Didn't mind that much in the first two movies, but it ruined the third movie for me. I want Batman to be realistic, but not so realistic that you have to phase out who Batman is and basically forget his comic book origins. Future Batman movies need to learn to strike a balance between the real world and the comic book world the way Marvel films does.

Qft

#14 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

@z1co80 said:

No

THIS

#15 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

@z1co80 said:

No

and Bale's three pack a day smoker batman voice was better?

#16 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no.

#17 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Liked

#18 Edited by z1co80 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunhawk:

Well no but at least i could understand what he was saying.

Is this thread called "Did you like the Nolan Batman and Bane?"

#19 Posted by TheCannon (16077 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I didn't like it.

I f*cking loved it! Ten times better than Heath Ledger Joker.

#20 Posted by TheSmallvillefan12 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked it.

#21 Posted by Skunkstein (582 posts) - - Show Bio

Liked it...

However im looking forward seeing a more comic book oriented Batman alla how Marvel did Captain America.

#22 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@z1co80: QFT :P

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom Hardy is a brilliant actor and his performance was arguably undermined by the memory of Heath Ledger's Joker still fresh in everyone's minds. Bane was intimidating, calculating, smart and deadly.

#24 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved Bane

#25 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Tom Hardy is a brilliant actor and his performance was arguably undermined by the memory of Heath Ledger's Joker still fresh in everyone's minds. Bane was intimidating, calculating, smart and deadly.

Staff
#26 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

No, I didn't like it.

I f*cking loved it! Ten times better than Heath Ledger Joker.

Would'nt go that far,still the definitive take on Bane,anyone who disagrees does'nt get the character at all.

#27 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

What exactly is the comicworld? I'm sure you'll find plenty of stories in the comics about characters grounded in reality and Rises was more unrealistic as compared to Begins(Bruce healing his injuries,Bane etc)

#28 Posted by Pokeysteve (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

Step up from the last Bane but at the end of the day he was, once again, just someone's bitch.

#29 Posted by Dernman (14014 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his movie look much more then his comic look. I guess I understand why people like Bane but IMO he looks like a random forgettable minion in the comic.

#30 Edited by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane made that movie. Too bad a certain somelady screwed it up to the heavens, and back down to the underworld.

#31 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

Step up from the last Bane but at the end of the day he was, once again, just someone's bitch.

I hate to agree with this, but yeah. If there was anything that disappointed me in this movie, it'd be Bane's last scene.

#32 Posted by eduardoy7 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it, very entertaining.

#33 Posted by spike2024 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

yes i liked but didn't like how they finished him off but all in all a grat performance by tom hardy and best depiction of bane so far just disappointed by how in the end bane was just talia's bitch he should have gotten a better ending -_-

#34 Edited by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

What exactly is the comicworld? I'm sure you'll find plenty of stories in the comics about characters grounded in reality and Rises was more unrealistic as compared to Begins(Bruce healing his injuries,Bane etc)

By comic book world I mean based on the actual comic books. I don't want the story to be unrealistic just for the sake of being unrealistic. Bruce healing his injuries was one of the more annoying parts of the movie, but I thought Bane was fine for the most part. One example of aspects of the comic book world that were phased out of the movie include Ras Al Ghul not being resurrected, or the lack of Batman motifs, Bruce Wayne bankrupting Wayne Corp, or the fact that Catwoman lacking any distinct catlike features other then being a cat burglar. Like I said, in the past two movies it wasn't so bad, but in this last movie it kind of took away from the movie. Basically in the comic book world, to which Batman is based, all these things are acceptable parts of his mythology, but in the Nolanverse he doesn't use them because he doesn't see how they can happen in the real world. In the future I want a universe where Man-bat can appear and Mr. Freeze can build a freeze gun. Stories with the quality of the Nolanverse, but that doesn't phase out the imagination of the Burtonverse. The only real example I can think of is Marvel Films.

@Twentyfive said:

Bane made that movie. Too bad a certain somelady screwed it up to the heavens, and back down to the underworld.

I actually like Talia Al Ghul. I just wish they revealed her part earlier in the film. Bane's goals in the movie felt too philosophical In the comics Bane is more simplistic he just wants money and power. So a Bane who just wanted to destroy Gotham for the sake of revenge or loyalty didn't feel right, but with Talia running the show it made perfect sense. I just wish the cast someone who did a better jog being Talia. I did like Bane in the movie though.

#35 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts: Aww man. I feel the exact opposite. But it's okay. Here is my reasoning. Up until the point that Batman literally got stabbed in the back by that lady, Bane was a really scary villain. That guy just had the atmosphere of intimidation around him. Then Talia revealed her role in this, and he turned into a stooge. It was as if what happened leading up to that did not matter. He was a mindless servant of Talia. That left me feeling... not happy.

But that's just me.

#36 Posted by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoidberg did a good jun dubbing Bane

#37 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15929 posts) - - Show Bio

i really liked it, people who complain about the voice need to clear their ears

#38 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

@entropy_aegis said:

By comic book world I mean based on the actual comic books. I don't want the story to be unrealistic just for the sake of being unrealistic. Bruce healing his injuries was one of the more annoying parts of the movie, but I thought Bane was fine for the most part. One example of aspects of the comic book world that were phased out of the movie include Ras Al Ghul not being resurrected, or the lack of Batman motifs, Bruce Wayne bankrupting Wayne Corp, or the fact that Catwoman lacking any distinct catlike features other then being a cat burglar. Like I said, in the past two movies it wasn't so bad, but in this last movie it kind of took away from the movie. Basically in the comic book world, to which Batman is based, all these things are acceptable parts of his mythology, but in the Nolanverse he doesn't use them because he doesn't see how they can happen in the real world. In the future I want a universe where Man-bat can appear and Mr. Freeze can build a freeze gun. Stories with the quality of the Nolanverse, but that doesn't phase out the imagination of the Burtonverse. The only real example I can think of is Marvel Films.

@Twentyfive said:

I actually like Talia Al Ghul. I just wish they revealed her part earlier in the film. Bane's goals in the movie felt too philosophical In the comics Bane is more simplistic he just wants money and power. So a Bane who just wanted to destroy Gotham for the sake of revenge or loyalty didn't feel right, but with Talia running the show it made perfect sense. I just wish the cast someone who did a better jog being Talia. I did like Bane in the movie though.

Fair enough but you're mostly talking about appearances and aesthetics,Nolan is a story telling guy and you'd be hard pressed to find good stories with guys like Mr Freeze and Man-Bat,and Bane does'nt fight for money or power.He fights for what he thinks is righteous.

#39 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@xybernauts said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Twentyfive said:

Fair enough but you're mostly talking about appearances and aesthetics,Nolan is a story telling guy and you'd be hard pressed to find good stories with guys like Mr Freeze and Man-Bat,and Bane does'nt fight for money or power.He fights for what he thinks is righteous.

And that is precisely why I was upset when he turned into Talia's stooge at the climax of the movie. He was the perfect villain until then. Dang!

#40 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13903 posts) - - Show Bio

It was okay

#41 Posted by Wolfshead (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Twentyfive said:

What...@bold area. You serious? Simplistic? Just wants money, and power? Bruh, read the comics.If that's too much for you, you can read his bio here on comicvine.

Nolan wanted to make Batman as realistic as possible. That's why the Lazarus Pit didn't become a reality in the Nolanverse.

Tom Hardy was a near-perfect Bane. I loved his performance. I never heard of him until now. I can get passed the fact his origins was changed, and his mask looks crazy. These are minor gripes, and for me, doesn't take away much from him. He's not portrayed as a mindless brute like the previous one. Nolan kept him true to his character, as far as personality goes; a callous, cold, strong, and intellectual man whose genius and strength is on par with Batman, if not above.

#42 Posted by fluffypigeons (255 posts) - - Show Bio

he was amazing, tom hardy did very good

#43 Posted by God_Spawn (35982 posts) - - Show Bio

@fluffypigeons said:

#44 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@fluffypigeons said:

Amazingly, I still wanted to have his babies, even though I couldn't see the lower half of his face............now I know what those guys feel like when they see the Mortal Kombat girls

#45 Posted by God_Spawn (35982 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@god_spawn said:

@fluffypigeons said:

Amazingly, I still wanted to have his babies, even though I couldn't see the lower half of his face............now I know what those guys feel like when they see the Mortal Kombat girls

Don't go there. Kitana's kisses blow up faces and Mileena, being the true definition of a butter face goes from this

To this.

#46 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@White Mage said:

@god_spawn said:

@fluffypigeons said:

Don't go there. Kitana's kisses blow up faces and Mileena, being the true definition of a butter face goes from this

To this.

..........................ain't nothin wrong with a little Jade tho....................except for the fact that Netherrealmstudios decided to make them all look like men without their masks on. Only Sindel and Sheeva were spared.

#47 Posted by NewComicGuy (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Not knowing much than some background to Bane, I really enjoyed the portrayal. Then again, I didn't have some notion on how he should be presented but as far as the movie went, I thought he was excellent.

#48 Posted by TDK_1997 (13693 posts) - - Show Bio

Way better than the old one from Batman and Robin.

#49 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (4822 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it. I thought it was even better than Ledger's Joker. That said, I feel like he wasn't playing Bane so much as another great villain, and I would have liked to see a portrayal more accurate to comic book Bane. Still, great performance nonetheless.

#50 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he was okay, but he seemed rather obsessed with food.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.