How do you think Bane's venom is going to work in the new movie?

#1 Posted by ApeKindaBaked (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I have some possible theories from what I've heard about the movie and seen from pictures. Obviously it's probably going to be in some kind of gas form, but I'm wondering where it's stored and how he activates his mask, and most importantly, what do you think happens? I've noticed that in ever picture of Bane he seems to be wearing some kind of wrist guard, and if you look at the back of his neck, there is a huge scar going down his spine. I'm guessing that he's had some kind of surgery and has a tube going down the side of his spine, that is somehow activated by this wrist guard, and transfers the venom to those two tubes on either side of his head. In the prologue he says it would be extremely painful if he removed his mask, so I'm guessing it's surgically attached to his head, so he can't remove it. Which brings up my next question... How does he eat? What do you think?

#2 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting theory. I just assumed the mask was to do with his injury and the delivery of gas to numb the pain. 

I can't see what you see in that picture. What are you talking about when you mentioned his wrist guard? Do you think there's something injecting into the veins on his wrists? 

I wouldn't be surprised if Bane was on some kind of steroid. I find it very hard to believe he'll be able to break Batman's back when he's wearing the Bat-armour.

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been confirmed that he doesn't have venom, but he's on a steroid/drug that keeps him alive.

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

I read in a couple of places (none credible) that he has cancer, and constantly dispenses a drug to treat it

#5 Posted by ApeKindaBaked (104 posts) - - Show Bio

^ Wrist thingy. Another theory I have for that is it may just be used to help him fight, or increase is punch strength somehow, like Batman's forearm guards.

@RainEffect:

#6 Posted by entropy_aegis (14123 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApeKindaBaked: He said it would be painful for the CIA guy,basically he was daring him to pull it off so that Bane would have an excuse to make him scream.

#7 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

It's been confirmed that he doesn't have venom, but he's on a steroid/drug that keeps him alive.

Venom.

#8 Posted by entropy_aegis (14123 posts) - - Show Bio

CIA:If I pull this off will you die?

Bane:It would be extremly painful

CIA:You're a big guy (Huh you're a big and tough leader of a militia group and removing this thing will make you feel pain?)

Bane:For you(No fool,if you try to take it off then I'm gonna destroy you).

This is how I interpret it

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Venom.

That doesn't mean that

A: They'll call it "venom"

B: It'll be similar to venom in any way

So why call it venom?

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

Bane:It would be extremly painful

CIA:You're a big guy (Huh you're a big and tough leader of a militia group and removing this thing will make you feel pain?)

Bane:For you(No fool,if you try to take it off then I'm gonna destroy you).

This is how I interpret it

That's what I got from it too. Touch my mask and I'll break your face. 
#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been confirmed that he needs the mask to stay alive and a drug is pumped into his system. It might be referred to as "venom" in the film but I highly doubt it serves the same purpose.

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

That doesn't mean that

A: They'll call it "venom"

B: It'll be similar to venom in any way

So why call it venom?

While it may not be called Venom or be similar to Venom in its effects, it is part of one of those things that Nolan takes privileges from the original material. While it may not have either of those things it the "Substitute" that he had arranged for Venom. I'm not saying we ought to call it Venom, just that its the closest thing to it. :P

#13 Posted by entropy_aegis (14123 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

It has been confirmed that he needs the mask to stay alive and a drug is pumped into his system. It might be referred to as "venom" in the film but I highly doubt it serves the same purpose.

The first version of the venom serum eliminated all pain if administered directly in to the nerves,I think this is the aspect which Nolan is gonna use.

@FadeToBlackBolt: Yup.

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Yes, but most people are more familiar with the simple steroid interpretation of the drug. But I agree with you.

#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (14123 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@entropy_aegis: Yes, but most people are more familiar with the simple steroid interpretation of the drug. But I agree with you.

Yeah shame,only 3 writers have gotten venom right.O'Neal,Dixon and Simone.

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Yeah and most of it was short-lived...

#17 Posted by entropy_aegis (14123 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@entropy_aegis: Yeah and most of it was short-lived...

True.

#18 Posted by ApeKindaBaked (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Oh that's very interesting, I didn't even think of interpreting it that way. I took it more as:

Bane:It would be extremely painful

CIA:You're a big guy (You're pretty jacked, I'm sure you could take a little pain if I took it off)

Bane:For you. (Yeah I'm big to you, skinny bitch)

:D

#19 Edited by entropy_aegis (14123 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApeKindaBaked said:

@entropy_aegis: Oh that's very interesting, I didn't even think of interpreting it that way. I took it more as:

Bane:It would be extremely painful

CIA:You're a big guy (You're pretty jacked, I'm sure you could take a little pain if I took it off)

Bane:For you. (Yeah I'm big to you, skinny bitch)

:D

LOL,the lines alone don't tell you much it's the tone and the look on Hardy's face,he was clearly daring/threatening him .

#20 Edited by ApeKindaBaked (104 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.