His voice?

#1 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

What accent was he suppose to sound like?

#2 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

South American

#3 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

South American

in the movies?

#4 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

was he suppose to sound south american in the movies?

#5 Posted by Zella (65 posts) - - Show Bio

The character is supposed to sound South American in the comics, however Tom Hardy decided to go all Sean Connery with it. I didn't mind the voice though.

#6 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

South America- Comics

A British retiree- movie

#7 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@Gambler said:

South American

in the movies?

Oh that I do not know.

#8 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#9 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

i saw a little bit infatuated with bane... i don't know why.

#10 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

It kinda makes sense that he would have a British tinge to his voice, seeing as his father (in the comics) is British, but then accents aren't hereditary..

#11 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

i didnt mind the voice but the mask muffled him too much and i barely got to hear anything lol

#13 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

A mix of British and Latino in some ways

#14 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

It was alright but I couldn't understand half of what he said because his voice was muffled and blended in with the background music in some scenes.

#15 Posted by Joygirl (19970 posts) - - Show Bio

In the comics I tend to imagine his voice sounding vaguely native american and low pitched. A south american accent doesn't fit his appearance well.

#16 Posted by SpiritOfTheWolf96 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally loved the voice, Tom Hardy did a great job. I understood Bane very well in the movie, (there were times I asked myself "what did he say" but for the most part it was fine) and it only got easier as the film progressed. The accent was (as ApatheticAvenger posted what Hardy said in an interview) Romani with a Latin undertone. I did catch a british accent somewhere, though that is to be expected with a british actor. It did sound like Sean Connery or Patrick Stewart... Still - loved it, it tickled my infatuation with both Bane and Tom Hardy.

#17 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

He sounded sort of British in the movie

#18 Posted by LaserLambert (636 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie sounded like some kind of Gypsy accent.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.