Follow

Bane

Character » Bane appears in 1057 issues.

Born sentenced to life in prison for the crimes of his father, the boy who would be come Bane learned that the strong survive, and the strongest become king. Forging himself into the pinnacle of physical and mental potential and becoming "king" of his prison, he learned of the Batman, "king" of Gotham City . Escaping and studying his quarry, Bane challenged and defeated Batman, becoming known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat".

Best portrayal of Bane?

• 90 results
    modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By modernww2fare

Poll Best portrayal of Bane? (64 votes)

DCAU 8%
    Batman & Robin 2%
    The Batman 3%
    Batman: The Brave & The Bold 0%
    Batman: Asylum and City 2%
    Superman/Batman: Public Enemies 2%
    Young Justice 6%
    Justice League Doom 8%
    The Dark Knight Rises 28%
    Injustice Gods Among Us 3%
    DC Universe Online 2%
    Arkham Origins(before TITAN) 34%

^

• 
    lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lifeofvibe

Well definitely not dark knight rises...that was such a lame portrayalof the character

Probably young justice because bane aint always a villain most people think so

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i will go with none outside of comics Bane really hasnt been portrayed all that well if i had to pick one it would be in the BTAS and in the Batwoman movie he was pretty good but outside of that he kind of only gets used to set up some one for someone well know and interesting for Batman to fight usually just ending when Batman cuts the tubes to Bane's Venom supply

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well definitely not dark knight rises...that was such a lame portrayalof the character

Lol agreed

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I prefer Tom Hardy's Bane over comic book Bane.

Come at me.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By modernww2fare

@perethorn said:

Come at me.

No Caption Provided

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lifeofvibe

@lordofthenorth: thats what im thinking outside of comics not so good...young justice the best i can think of

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Doom because they dealt with him so poorly in the final portion of TDKR.

Bane got his ass beat by Azrael in the Knightfall. He was never some terrifying figure. The only reason he originally broke the Batman was because Batman was fighting off Arkham Inmates for weeks without rest.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn said:

Come at me.

No Caption Provided

What's so special about Bane from the comics?

He was beat by this guy for god's sake.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/81/Detective_Comics_667.jpg

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman and Robin's portrayal of Bane was the best. Nolan should have taken some notes on that movie before he started filming that dreadful Dark Knight Rises

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn: So you prefer the moron who just did stuff becuase he wanted to skrew Talia and who also got beat by Catwoman.

Instead of the smart carasmatic ruler of Santa Prisca. Whose very mission is to be a 'Bane" to Batman becuase he sees Batman as the ultimate challanger to his rule.

Ya i completely see why its not like one of these is a complete shell of a character and the other is actualy interesting and has his own motovation beyond what some woman wants him to do...oh wait thats exactly whats going on here

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@transformers1024:"Batman and Robin's portrayal of Bane was the best"...please tell me that was a joke becuase I literally just stared at the screen for 5 min unable to process the insanity of that statement

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By dernman

@lordofthenorth said:

@perethorn: So you prefer the moron who just did stuff becuase he wanted to skrew Talia and who also got beat by Catwoman.

Most people who like the DKR Bane I've seen usually think about how he was through the movie and not what he ended up being.

Personally there are things that bother me about all of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TDKR

Batman and Robin's portrayal of Bane was the best. Nolan should have taken some notes on that movie before he started filming that dreadful Dark Knight Rises

Lmao.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@dernman: some people can, but personaly i hate the whole of the third movie so maybe iam biased

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman: some people can, but personaly i hate the whole of the third movie so maybe iam biased

There were things I liked about DKR but much more I didn't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's when the movie all just fell apart. What a shame.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: and TDKR Bane got his ass beat by Catwoman! LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:

Only because she had a canon. If it was Batman pulling the trigger would you have been pleased?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: You're the one who started it by saying "he got beat by Azrael for godsake"

What?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth:

I was joking. But I will say that as bad as those movies were, they at least didn't focus on all this "realism" crap DC is pulling off. Personally I do think that franchise could have been saved. Yes I know Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were godawful, but if they found a different director and much better writers and better cast, they could have made a better 5th movie. Because they set up that it was a fictional world with super people that have powers. Something Nolan absolutely refused to do which is why I can't stand his trilogy.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I dont think anyone would be but it was like what happened to Scarecrow all over again but worse

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I liked him in Young Justice, he was rather terrifying there as he was in Doom. He was animated well and kept his comic book traits.

Vampire_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: Azrael was no joke. Only reason people discredit him is because there is this current "hate anything that looks badass from the 90's" trend, which I assume Leifeld started (who I like and will probably be mocked for).

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised no one's picked the DCAU Bane yet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I dont think anyone would be but it was like what happened to Scarecrow all over again but worse

I'm assuming you are talking about Scarecrow being Ra's al Ghul's puppet? Or are you talking about him getting tased in the face.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Al_capOWN

@transformers1024 said:

WTF you serious bro? That movie was a mess, and so was bane, i love Bane but that movie and bane were f'ing lame.

Also you hate Nolans trilogy because is too realistic? LMAO!!! I love Nolans films, I'll take his trilogy over any other batman films any day, Nolan trying to keep everything as realistic as possible is what makes his films badass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Tased in the face

Scarecrow is a weakling so it was fitting. Bane got taken out by a cannon so I don't see the comparison, asides from the fact that both of the attackers were female.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown: go check out the thread "Unrealistic things about Nolan's Batman movies"

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I meant unrealistic i meant like "WTF" moments or like batman leaping over buildings and stuff, or a 400 pound bane, the bane in TDKR was a good portrayal.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown:

If you had kept reading later comments you would have seen that I was indeed joking. As well, Batman is a fictional character living in a world of super villains and super powers. Not set in the real world. Batman is also a highly experienced fighter who knows multiple kinds of fighting, something he could barely do in Nolan's films. And perhaps the biggest letdown is that Batman is the Worlds Greatest Detective which Nolan barely even hinted at in the movies. He really doesn't understand the character at all.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Transformers1024

OH! How could I forget to mention his voice! It sounded like he was gargling on marbles!

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: and Nolan's Bane sounded like Darth Vader doing a Sean Connery impression

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare:

Thank you!! That is the best way to describe how Bane sounded! I couldn't think of how to put it all this time. We also can't forget Scarecrow and Talia. God he absolutely butchered those characters.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SilverPool

@modernww2fare said:

Not in a fist fight. Getting shot with a cannon doesn't really discredit the character's skills. It sucked that he was taken out that way, but anyone can be killed by a cannon. Most members of the Bat Family could probably beat Knightfall Bane. Batman couldn't have beaten Bane in DKR if he hadn't tore open his mask. He's a more difficult opponent in Rises than he was in the comics.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By modernww2fare

@modernww2fare said:

Not in a fist fight. Getting shot with a cannon doesn't really discredit the character. It sucked that he was taken out that way, but anyone can be killed by a cannon. Most members of the Bat Family could probably beat Knightfall Bane.

And most members of the Bat-Family could beat TDKR Bane, after all, Nolan's Batman whooped his ass in the ending and he SUCKED at fighting compared to comicbook Batman.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SilverPool
    @vampire_batman said:

@silverpool: Azrael was no joke. Only reason people discredit him is because there is this current "hate anything that looks badass from the 90's" trend, which I assume Leifeld started (who I like and will probably be mocked for).

I didn't say he was a joke. He was just a replacement Batman. I don't think he could actually take on hardly any of the members of the Bat Family. He used excessive violence in fighting street thugs but didn't take on any of Batman's major rouges (IIRC) because he couldn't face them. I actually like the Azrael character, but he's no Bruce Wayne, at least during Knightfall. I don't know about him post Knightfall.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool said:

@modernww2fare said:

Not in a fist fight. Getting shot with a cannon doesn't really discredit the character. It sucked that he was taken out that way, but anyone can be killed by a cannon. Most members of the Bat Family could probably beat Knightfall Bane.

And most members of the Bat-Family could beat TDKR Bane, after all, Nolan's Batman whooped his ass in the ending and he SUCKED at fighting compared to comicbook Batman.

But they're in a comic book universe. The point of the Nolan films was to make a realistic Batman. It's obvious that any member of the Bat Family could beat Bane in TDKR if brought from their universe; they're exaggerated and are capable of fighting super powered beings, TDKR bane would be easy. They're not in the same universe though, so it's not even a fair comparison.
    Batman in the Nolan films could take on dozens of men without difficulty, he wasn't a bad fighter, but there's no way he could compare to comic Batman. Comic Batman isn't even human. The things he can do, humans are incapable of, despite people saying, "oh he's human and that makes him so appealing." Batman in the comics can kick down trees with ease, fight martians, fight SUPERMAN. That isn't the Batman Nolan was going for so I don't even see why you have a problem with that.Batman didn't really kick ass at the end of TDKR either. He was barely holding up against Bane until he accidentally ripped open his mask. Before then, in both fights, he was hardly putting up a fight.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool:

Then let's bring up the fact that Batman was a total cry baby. He stopped being Batman for eight years just because the public wasn't too fond of him and his "girlfriend" died. One of the biggest things about Batman in any form of media is known for being headstrong and trying to get through his hard times. When Jason died he became much darker. When Damian died he wanted to try to bring his son back and even replaying the computer simulated to see if he could have even brought him back. He was up for weeks capturing escaped inmates from Arkham in Knightfall until he ultimately fell and lost to Bane. Other examples being Death of the Family and most importantly Court of Owls. He always tried to pull through and kept on being Batman because it was the right thing to do because he was needed. Nolan couldn't even get that right in the least.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SilverPool

@silverpool:

Then let's bring up the fact that Batman was a total cry baby. He stopped being Batman for eight years just because the public wasn't too fond of him and his "girlfriend" died. One of the biggest things about Batman in any form of media is known for being headstrong and trying to get through his hard times. When Jason died he became much darker. When Damian died he wanted to try to bring his son back and even replaying the computer simulated to see if he could have even brought him back. He was up for weeks capturing escaped inmates from Arkham in Knightfall until he ultimately fell and lost to Bane. Other examples being Death of the Family and most importantly Court of Owls. He always tried to pull through and kept on being Batman because it was the right thing to do because he was needed. Nolan couldn't even get that right in the least.

I don't see what that has to do with the Bane conversation... but okay.
    How would the most headstrong of people, in reality, deal with the person they love dying? After they chose to fight crime to make their city a better place, how would they react when the person they love is killed, when they're forced to kill the person that they hoped would save their city, and what would they do when the public is turned against them? They'd feel like they weren't actually doing any good, which Batman wasn't. He caused the joker to do all these things and he had a just reason to quit. I don't like the fact that he quit in TDKR for 8 years, but he isn't some "cry baby" for doing so. Nobody in reality could be as headstrong as Batman in the comics, nobody in reality would be STUPID enough to keep recruiting Robins when it obviously hasn't worked out so well in the past.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Well the problem is these are Batman villains so them not being a taken out by Batman makes it so Batman being the one who has to rise agaisnt these guys pointless while the scarecrow one is just annoying with Bane it makes everything he did before meaningless the guy broke his back and he isnt even the one who gets to beat him lame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Well the problem is these are Batman villains so them not being a taken out by Batman makes it so Batman being the one who has to rise agaisnt these guys pointless while the scarecrow one is just annoying with Bane it makes everything he did before meaningless the guy broke his back and he isnt even the one who gets to beat him lame

Lol, he did beat him. Only reason Bane got back up is because Talia revealed herself and fixed his mask. In the comics Batman didn't get to beat Bane, Azrael did so instead.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: so what he still didnt beat Bane not only that Catwoman kills Bane and yet Batman still goes off with her thats messed up

The differance their was the the fight was just step for the stories that came after people focus on Bane breaking Batman's back but the really important part comes after that with Nightwing (plus batman did fight Bane shortly after and won). but in DKR the conflict between them is at the for front of the plot so Batman ultimately not being the one who takes down bane cheapens what he accomplished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth said:

@farkam: so what he still didnt beat Bane not only that Catwoman kills Bane and yet Batman still goes off with her thats messed up

The differance their was the the fight was just step for the stories that came after people focus on Bane breaking Batman's back but the really important part comes after that with Nightwing (plus batman did fight Bane shortly after and won). but in DKR the conflict between them is at the for front of the plot so Batman ultimately not being the one who takes down bane cheapens what he accomplished

He did beat Bane. The real problem was with Talia fixing Bane's mask. If that hadn't happened we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I didn't like Bane before DKR......then Tom Hardy made me like him.
    That's it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.