Bane's fate at the end of TDR(major spoilers)

• 69 results
#51 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

The last 20 minutes of the movie disapointed me greatly.

Understatement.

I also hated the fact that the movie took so, so much time to set Bane up as a big bad, only for his badness to be downplayed once Talia began her role.

#52 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

It's just too bad the acting for her death was laughable...

Most terribly acted out death I've ever seen, especially in a Nolan film.

How are people debating Bane's survival/death? The dude was sent flying at least 20 feet and had massive scorch marks. The same cannons that blew a hole through a barricade built from cars... He's definitely dead.

#53 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget:

Most terribly acted out death I've ever seen, especially in a Nolan film.

I'm shocked they decided to go with that take. I really am.

How are people debating Bane's survival/death? The dude was sent flying at least 20 feet and had massive scorch marks. The same cannons that blew a hole through a barricade built from cars... He's definitely dead.

It seems as though people are questioning it because he's "tough" and had some degree of armor on his chest. But yes I agree it was supposed to be clear that was the end of Bane.

Staff
#54 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: He's tough? That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. The man's a mere human who was able to withstand a worn out Batman's attacks. Doesn't exactly make him invulnerable to highly explosive cannons capable of blowing holes through several barricaded cars with ease.

#55 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@k4tzm4n: He's tough? That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. The man's a mere human who was able to withstand a worn out Batman's attacks. Doesn't exactly make him invulnerable to highly explosive cannons capable of blowing holes through several barricaded cars with ease.

HEZ SUPAR TUFF. BATMAN WAS LIKE 'POW! WHACK! BAM!' AND BANE WUZ LIKE "LAWL."

Clearly, that means he can withstand a powerful explosive attack from a vehicle. An attack that not only destroyed a barricade, but also messed up a tumbler.

Staff
#56 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Oh wait, the "venom" that flows through his mask and suppresses the immense pain must give him super-human durability and perhaps even a healing factor. It only really makes sense you know, because Nolan loves his grounded reality...

#57 Edited by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@k4tzm4n: Oh wait, the "venom" that flows through his mask and suppresses the immense pain must give him super-human durability and perhaps even a healing factor. It only really makes sense you know, because Nolan loves his grounded reality...

Hey, it beats this:

*hopefully no one goes PFT! IT WAS MONTHS, NOT DAYS!... because the point still stands*

Staff
#58 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Oh wait, I can top that.

Hey, I'm Bruce Wayne. I just climbed out of this prison, currently penniless, the bomb in Gotham is set to explode in less than 12 hours, I have no connections nor my whereabouts save for that I'm in the Middle East. I guess I'll magically make my way not only back into the United States, but into a heavily guarded Gotham City run by Bane and casually have time to waste by finding Lucius Fox. Then I guess I'll make my way across Gotham to my safe-house, spray my Bat symbol on top of a bridge, wait for the perfect moment to save Gordon and his men, save Blake and then lead a few thousand police officers against Bane and his army in broad daylight.

Not really a big deal because you know...

#59 Posted by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

That is some rope.

#60 Posted by mathematicscore (167 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of liked that it took a vehicle mounted cannon to finish him off. Also, the fact that he was not doing the serial villain thing any longer of leaving the hero to suffer, and was just like "I'm going to kill you now."

#61 Posted by Fabled_Phoneix_Rising (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: actually some where along the line of 10 to 15 minutes later

#62 Posted by Opac (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he died. I think this would be a great point for the comic book universe to introduce the venom into his story line. His body being so mangled it needs some super serume to keep him going. Changing his addiction to a dependency to this crazy physically altering drug. HIRE ME DC!!!!

#63 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMaskedMan: He was shot in the chest with guns that previously blew up cars, walls, etc. He's very much deceased. Also, it doesn't matter. That franchise is over.

#64 Posted by HellionVulcan (3779 posts) - - Show Bio

While me & my brother both were shocked that for such a good character & the way he was portrayed just for him to die uneventful ,It didn't go well kind of a let down since Bane was to me Batman's best villain .

#65 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: I don't think he died.

@Gambler: Awesome!

@htb106: YES i was Also let down with Bane being a Henchmen! he is a Mastermind

@TheMaskedMan: Yes, and Betman would have said something!

#66 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

He's Dead.

Worst of the Trilogy IMO.

#67 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't remember !

#68 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

He had a hole exploded into his midsection.

Yes. He's dead.

#69 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows: Yes Another hole in the Movie!

@samuel_larson_10: i don't know it made sence, how he knew where batmans things were, considering that the wearhouse was off the books. known about the Reactor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.