Follow

Bane

Character » Bane appears in 1056 issues.

Born sentenced to life in prison for the crimes of his father, the boy who would be come Bane learned that the strong survive, and the strongest become king. Forging himself into the pinnacle of physical and mental potential and becoming "king" of his prison, he learned of the Batman, "king" of Gotham City . Escaping and studying his quarry, Bane challenged and defeated Batman, becoming known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat".

Bane's fate at the end of TDR(major spoilers)

• 69 results
    moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By moywar700

I was confused... did he die or not?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AweSam

Yeah, Selena killed him with the Bat Pod.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By moywar700

Does anybody felt he death was handled poorly.Talk about deus ex-machina!Catwoman barraged in with her motorcyle and shoot bane, it happened way to fast.what are your thoughts?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By moywar700

bump

tjs4759

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tjs4759

TheMaskedMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheMaskedMan

I don't think he died if he had they would have showed it

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

He perished. 

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Duke_Nasty

I thought the ending was horrible.

When Bane got killed the way he did I just shook my head.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheThe

Bane's death was poor. Talia's death also.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blood1991

The last 20 minutes of the movie disapointed me greatly.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By htb106

I was dissapointed with the way Bane died, I was also confused, was that to show that Talia was the main villain and Bane was just a henchman?

I think it would have been better to let Bane live and show the Joseph- Gordon Levitt Batman tracking him down.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I dont think he died either

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

The end was a bit of a let down

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By John Valentine

The ending was perfect.

By the time Catwoman shot Bane using the Batmobile's cannon, the villain of the film had shifted. He was revealed to be nothing more than a glorified bodyguard by that time, as such, a massive focus on his death given everything else that had to be tied up was unnecessary.

Nolan's also left the fate of every major villain open (R'as Al Ghul, Two-Face, Joker) so far in the trilogy. The only villain to apparently die on screen was Talia. Nolan likes to leave things to the viewer's interpretation.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@moywar700: I don't think you understand what Deus Ex Machina means.

ozeol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ozeol

I thought it was OK. Batman defeated him in a fair fight the second time, then Talia intervened.

At that point Bane finished serving his plot purpose I think so Catwoman killing him did not matter that much.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By EdwardWindsor

@Gambler: i thought so to but can you see Bruce hanging up the cowl knowing that bane was still out there?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

My biggest problem with the end was the "Hey look over here" approach to the Talia reveal, followed by her dying like 2 minutes later.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AweSam

@moywar700 said:

Does anybody felt he death was handled poorly.Talk about deus ex-machina!Catwoman barraged in with her motorcyle and shoot bane, it happened way to fast.what are your thoughts?

How else was he supposed to die? Get crushed by a meteor? Maybe go with the cliche, his own bomb kills him? His death was good enough and it's not dues ex-machina.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By joshmightbe

There was really no good way to kill him off at that point

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KingofMadCows

Yeah, it really didn't make any sense for Bane not to see or hear Selena crash into the room with the Bat Pod.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BatteredArmor

I felt his death was handled masterfully, it wasn't perfect but within the confines of the established movie timeline it couldn't have gotten much better

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By samuel_larson_10

they ruined bane's character at the end all so they could get a twist. besides none of the other villians died in a clear way

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis

@John Valentine said:

The ending was perfect.

By the time Catwoman shot Bane using the Batmobile's cannon, the villain of the film had shifted. He was revealed to be nothing more than a glorified bodyguard by that time, as such, a massive focus on his death given everything else that had to be tied up was unnecessary.

Nolan's also left the fate of every major villain open (R'as Al Ghul, Two-Face, Joker) so far in the trilogy. The only villain to apparently die on screen was Talia. Nolan likes to leave things to the viewer's interpretation.

Huh? Ra's and Dent are dead.Nothing ambiguous about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

I'd argue maybe even the last thirty. Bruce got back to Gotham with no ID, no money and no transport. His healing from a severe spinal injury and magically regrowing the cartilage in his knees? Complete crap.

Not to mention that the Talia reveals timing made no sense, I mean what had she gained from pretending to still be Miranda and hanging out with the resistance?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By moywar700

@TheAnnihilator said:

@moywar700: I don't think you understand what Deus Ex Machina means.

a victory that happened unexpectedly.Police are about to die be a terrorist but aliens came and saved the day.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I think he's absolutely dead. Also, did anyone else find it odd that the cannons usually generate a large explosion, yet when fired next to Batman the blast radius is conveniently smaller?

Also, did anyone else notice it went from mid-day to late night during the 8 minutes the program was downloading? (the stock exchange heist) Furthermore, during the large battle, Batman used the cannons (from "the bat") to disable the turret on one of the tumblers, but what about the other two? At first I thought "maybe he used an EMP and disabled all of the vehicles?" but during the 2nd and 3rd viewing, it was clear he used the cannon to disable just that one before flying away. But then during a wide shot all three of the tumblers are smoking from damage, but I don't know how their cannons were disabled. Did anyone else catch this?

Not trying to bash the film (I've seen it 3 times now) and enjoyed it a good deal, but I do have a fair share of complaints. Also, I didn't see this being discussed anywhere else.

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

@k4tzm4n: Come on man. It's obvious he had some explosions repellent in his utility belt.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@_Marco_Smith_ said:

@k4tzm4n: Come on man. It's obvious he had some explosions repellent in his utility belt.

Touche.

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

@k4tzm4n: Personally, I was wondering what happened to Scarecrow. He was the one villain that lived.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@_Marco_Smith_: I imagine there's only two possible outcomes:

• Eluded authorities and is now at large in Gotham or perhaps fled the city.
    • Captured/killed (likely the former) when the police won the battle.
    moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By moywar700

@k4tzm4n said:

I think he's absolutely dead. Also, did anyone else find it odd that the cannons usually generate a large explosion, yet when fired next to Batman the blast radius is conveniently smaller?

Also, did anyone else notice it went from mid-day to late night during the 8 minutes the program was downloading? (the stock exchange heist) Furthermore, during the large battle, Batman used the cannons (from "the bat") to disable the turret on one of the tumblers, but what about the other two? At first I thought "maybe he used an EMP and disabled all of the vehicles?" but during the 2nd and 3rd viewing, it was clear he used the cannon to disable just that one before flying away. But then during a wide shot all three of the tumblers are smoking from damage, but I don't know how their cannons were disabled. Did anyone else catch this?

Not trying to bash the film (I've seen it 3 times now) and enjoyed it a good deal, but I do have a fair share of complaints. Also, I didn't see this being discussed anywhere else.

idk but nice insights.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Blood1991

@Pwok21 said:

@Blood1991 said:

I'd argue maybe even the last thirty. Bruce got back to Gotham with no ID, no money and no transport. His healing from a severe spinal injury and magically regrowing the cartilage in his knees? Complete crap.

Not to mention that the Talia reveals timing made no sense, I mean what had she gained from pretending to still be Miranda and hanging out with the resistance?

I thought she was trying to keep an eye on them, but that could have been a little better handled too, and yes Batman coming back magically all healed bugged me greatly.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

@k4tzm4n said:

Yeah I thought all that was a little weird to, also the first night Blake goes out in bat gear he is going to get slaughtered.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fodigg

I didn't mind it. It was nice to have somebody shoot first for once in a Batman movie. I understand if people don't want Ban "Greedo-ed", but he'd already been defeated, now he just needed to be swept off the board.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By SupBatz

@Pwok21 said:

I think it made pretty good sense. Bane had revealed that the bomb's detonator was in the hands of a civilian (still playing with the concept of giving the people of Gotham a little bit of hope knowing that it will inevitably be crushed). If Miranda revealed herself to be Talia earlier it would've been made obvious that she, being the mastermind, held the detonator. Furthermore, how could she get a good stab in Batman had she revealed her identity sooner?

As for Bane's death; it probably could've been handled better but it wasn't horrible. We got to see Batman take him down earlier.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@moywar700: A Deus Ex Machina has to have no set up and literally come out of no where.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By John Valentine

@entropy_aegis said:

@John Valentine said:

The ending was perfect.

Huh? Ra's and Dent are dead.Nothing ambiguous about that.

As in, their deaths were confirmed in the sequels.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SupBatz said:

@Pwok21 said:

I think it made pretty good sense. Bane had revealed that the bomb's detonator was in the hands of a civilian (still playing with the concept of giving the people of Gotham a little bit of hope knowing that it will inevitably be crushed). If Miranda revealed herself to be Talia earlier it would've been made obvious that she, being the mastermind, held the detonator. Furthermore, how could she get a good stab in Batman had she revealed her identity sooner?

As for Bane's death; it probably could've been handled better but it wasn't horrible. We got to see Batman take him down earlier.

Or there could have been no detonator and it would be strictly on timer as a complete red herring. So Batman attempts to get to her and she reveals that by the time he's got to her to stop the remote detonation it is too late to stop the bomb. I would have liked that more, and Batman's handling of Bane seemed kind of dumb, like the mask was implemented just to give Batman an edge on an opponent that he couldn't otherwise beat.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Omega Ray Jay said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Yeah I thought all that was a little weird to, also the first night Blake goes out in bat gear he is going to get slaughtered.

Agreed. I get why Nolan had that ending, but Bruce leaving "Robin" behind with all of that gear at his disposal is completely irresponsible. Blake lacks the training and experience Wayne had to go through and even then, Wayne struggled greatly through the films. Regardless, Blake's motiviation in combination with that gear makes it obvious he's going to take up the mantle one way or another... and unfortunately for him, I sincerely doubt he has the talent to survive. One could speculate that Wayne would come back to train him, but, in the end, it's really nothing more than just that: speculation. Personally, I felt as though Wayne and Kyle left Gotham for good and... you know, lived happily ever after.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#42  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Noone died.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By spartan92

I think it would of been better if when selina shot him, he stumbles back, looks down at his wounds then charges them but she shoots again putting him down.

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gerald2

"WHERe'S THE TRIGGER! WHERE'S THE TRIGGER! WHERE'S THE TRIGGER!"

In all seriousness, his brief and unceremonious death really undermined everything he did prior to that moment. Bane was clearly Batman's intellectual equal and obviously physically superior. The only reason Batman was able to conquer him at the end was because he had been training for what seemed like months in that pit. They had built him up to be what Batman would have been had he adopted the opposite moral code.

I was fine with Bane being Talia's protector. He's a cool villain but there had to be another mastermind behind something that big. But protector, lackey, whatever you want to call him, he deserved a better end than that. This guy was literally unstoppable for 90% of the film and then he gets taken out in 1 milisecond by a rocket. If that was Bane's weakness, WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST SHOOT HIM WHEN THEY ESCAPED ON "THE BAT" IN THE BEGINNING OF THE FILM?

I'm going to watch it again when it comes out on home release and just watch all of his scenes over again because he really made the film for me.

Kilyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kilyra

I personally don't think he died - it's not like you saw his body or any other irrefutable proof that he was killed. Sure he got shot with a cannon but he's a walking tank! I think it was left open ended and if there are any spin off movies, he would be able to make another appearance.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#46  Edited By TDK_1997

Bane's fate wasn't good and so was Talia's but the ending was great and I loved it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@TDK_1997 said:

Bane's fate wasn't good and so was Talia's but the ending was great and I loved it.

It's just too bad the acting for her death was laughable...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis

@k4tzm4n said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I just lol'd when she finally shuts her eyes.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

@k4tzm4n: Well in this case there is one thing about the sequel we know for sure, its going to be a short ;)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#50  Edited By TDK_1997

@entropy_aegis said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I just lol'd when she finally shuts her eyes.

The death of Talia was indeed funny and was more like parody but it still didn't manage to ruin the movie for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.