Follow

Bane

Character » Bane appears in 1057 issues.

Born sentenced to life in prison for the crimes of his father, the boy who would be come Bane learned that the strong survive, and the strongest become king. Forging himself into the pinnacle of physical and mental potential and becoming "king" of his prison, he learned of the Batman, "king" of Gotham City . Escaping and studying his quarry, Bane challenged and defeated Batman, becoming known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat".

Bane TDKR

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vandinejd_1991

Can someone explain to me how Bane from The Dark Knight Rises works? I know he doesn't have Venom but how is he strong enough to break Batman's back and savagely murder all the people he does?

bane289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bane289

I dont think it was so much about how strong he was, but more about how Bruce Wayne was no longer Batman. Alfred said that he shouldnt go up against him because of his strength, agility and unshakable belief. I believe he was also describing how Bruce used to be and thats why he lost so badly. That scene was goddam incredible!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

Wasn't explained, he was probably just trained very well.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By vandinejd_1991

So the gas that Bane breathes through his mask has nothing to do with it?

Avatar image for mathematicscore
    mathematicscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mathematicscore

@vandinejd_1991: the gas is to control the pain from injuries and botched repair while in the prison.

As far as the back breaking strength, a normal human in excellent physical condition and of Bane's size could very plausibly smash another human over their knee.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.