Bane Question

#1 Posted by Scarecrow4 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Everywhere I look on the web it has Batman: Vengeance of bane listed as his first appearance but in my back issues I see that bvob came out 12/31/92 batman issue 489 featured bane and it was released 12/23/92 it was released before bane origin too meet the batman deadline...so isn't batman 489 technically his first appearance?

#2 Posted by 0n1zuka (3707 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarecrow4: Batman 489 came out in February 1993, Vengeance of Bane is his first appearance.

#3 Posted by Scarecrow4 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

No the date on the book was feb 93 but back in the day dc released its issues early batman 489 was published 12/23/92 making it his first!

#4 Posted by Scarecrow4 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

It's interesting because comixology lists it very clearly...

#5 Posted by 0n1zuka (3707 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say that VoB is listed as his first appearance since it's a January issue and Batman 489 is a Feb issue. Otherwise, it's as you say.

#6 Posted by Scarecrow4 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

I just find it funny because Bvob is selling on eBay for a ton...and it's not his first appearance.

#7 Posted by Werupenstein (37 posts) - - Show Bio

What Bane stories are worth reading?

#8 Posted by Scarecrow4 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Knight fall for sure and Batman: vengeance of bane is a good read... So is Bane of the Demon...comixology has them all on sale today

#9 Posted by Werupenstein (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scarecrow4: Ya, that's why I'm asking, I'll probably pickup Knightfall, the art is really off putting though, but if the stories are good, that's what really matters.

#10 Posted by Scarecrow4 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny I own the whole knight fall series...like in actual comics and I never noticed the art being off...I guess the story is that good!

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (15110 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane's first appearance is in Vengeance of Bane.

#12 Edited by Scarecrow4 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

That book was released after Batman 489 by a week. I have both purchased right when they hit the rack and its clearly listed in the front of the book under the publishing date....Batman 489 was his first appearance Vengeance of Bane was his origin. http://www.comixology.com/Batman-1940-2011-489/digital-comic/ICO003722 http://www.comixology.com/Batman-Vengeance-of-Bane-1-of-2/digital-comic/ICO003695 Print release dates are listed on the bottom right... Batman 489 FTW

#13 Posted by entropy_aegis (15460 posts) - - Show Bio

@Werupenstein said:

What Bane stories are worth reading?

Angel and the Bane from the first Azrael series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.