Bane needs a signature weapon

#1 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel his lack of standard equipment is his greatest drawback,so suggest a weapon for Bane. 
My choice is a waraxe,made of promethium.

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

He literally is his own signature weapon. 

#3 Posted by DPNugget (1015 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
He literally is his own signature weapon. 
agreed
#4 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio
@DPNugget said:
@InnerVenom123 said:
He literally is his own signature weapon. 
agreed
Yeah, the venom is his signature prop. The only weapon the character should need is his fists.
#5 Posted by Jake Fury (19177 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by danhimself (22694 posts) - - Show Bio

I suggest his fists

#7 Posted by Jake Fury (19177 posts) - - Show Bio

He should go all medieval and use an arsenal of old school weapons. Crossbows, maces, war axes, spears, swords.....
#8 Posted by SpikeSpiegel (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Brass knuckles? :P

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (58274 posts) - - Show Bio

Does a signature move count as a signature weapon?

BB

#10 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7955 posts) - - Show Bio

The nature of his character has always seemed to be the signature thing about him really.

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
He should go all medieval and use an arsenal of old school weapons. Crossbows, maces, war axes, spears, swords.....
Yeah that would be great.
#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him not using weapons, but if I had to pick; a big-*ss club.

#13 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I like him not using weapons, but if I had to pick; a big-*ss club.
He'd look a like a troll.
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I like him not using weapons, but if I had to pick; a big-*ss club.
He'd look a like a troll.
Yeah, but imagine Bane smacking you in the face with a gigantic nightstick-like thing. Your head would fly from your body!
#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I like him not using weapons, but if I had to pick; a big-*ss club.
He'd look a like a troll.
Yeah, but imagine Bane smacking you in the face with a gigantic nightstick-like thing. Your head would fly from your body!
Behold the power of the axe 
#16 Posted by Billy Batson (58274 posts) - - Show Bio

A machine gun. 

BB

#17 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

A sweet pair of Gauntlets would probably work best for Bane. Good old fashion Blunt Force Traum , Hurtin' Bombs.lol

#18 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I like him not using weapons, but if I had to pick; a big-*ss club.
He'd look a like a troll.
Yeah, but imagine Bane smacking you in the face with a gigantic nightstick-like thing. Your head would fly from your body!
Behold the power of the axe 
Reminds me of Astaroth from Soul Calibur series. 
 
#19 Posted by Spikex1 (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
He literally is his own signature weapon. 
Indeed. His own strength, skills, and cunning are by far the deadliest weapons he brings to any conflict.
#20 Edited by Edamame (28394 posts) - - Show Bio

Just look at his muscles (and his mask, of course).  :)

#21 Posted by Johnslamby (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Brass nuckles that said BANE on them
#22 Posted by mathematicscore (167 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Bane, as a darker version of Doc Savage/Batman works along the same lines as them.  He uses whatever is necessary for the job.  We've seen him with all manner of armament.
#23 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Banerang lol

#24 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio
@mathematicscore said:
I think Bane, as a darker version of Doc Savage/Batman works along the same lines as them.  He uses whatever is necessary for the job.  We've seen him with all manner of armament.
True but some standard equipment would'nt be bad. 
#25 Posted by mathematicscore (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_psycho: beat me too it@entropy_aegis: , but I'm not sure a "Banerang" or a "Axe of Bane" is really in keeping with the character. Self reliance is a key component of Bane's make up, and what's more self reliant than your own two fists?

#26 Posted by Saren (26027 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane swinging a giant hammer around and crunching bones with it. It looks awesome when I picture it in my head.

Moderator
#27 Posted by DrKellogg (68 posts) - - Show Bio

a needle full of adrenaline

#28 Posted by Megapants (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@mathematicscore said:

@super_psycho: beat me too it@entropy_aegis: , but I'm not sure a "Banerang" or a "Axe of Bane" is really in keeping with the character. Self reliance is a key component of Bane's make up, and what's more self reliant than your own two fists?

Exactamundo!

#29 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: For mid-range combat I'd say the war axe, for close-quarter combat I'd say a Bowie Knife.

#30 Posted by Telcalipoca (965 posts) - - Show Bio

no weapons just his fist. if you gave him a sig. weapon hed be known as "the guy with that one weapon" avillain with a gimmicklike freeze and to that i say nai.

#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@entropy_aegis: For mid-range combat I'd say the war axe, for close-quarter combat I'd say a Bowie Knife.

Yeah seems good enough.@Telcalipoca said:

no weapons just his fist. if you gave him a sig. weapon hed be known as "the guy with that one weapon" avillain with a gimmicklike freeze and to that i say nai.

But there are other examples as well like Captain America,really a person with Bane's intellect would surely realize that he needs a proper weapon incase he runs in to somebody whom he cant harm with his fists.

#32 Posted by jdnice11 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally dont think Bane needs a weapon, for the obvious reasons, but if i was to give him one it would be

War Hammer, War Hammer, Mace pretty much any big bulky 2 handed wielding weapon

#33 Posted by Degalon (738 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Bane doesn't need a gimmick.

His "weapon" is just how much of a freaking Professional he is.

#34 Posted by Degalon (738 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: In those situations, he uses whatever's on hand.

better than just being limited to some gimmicky "signature weapon". He did used to have a signature weapon, the Venom, and he stopped using that, because Bane is far too badass to be restricted to a gimmick.

#35 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom is his signature wepon.

if i had to pick he'd carry cobra venom around with him to poison people but i prefer he uses his fist

#36 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

bane broke the bat without a signiture weapon those steiroids are fucking beast with bane he dopesnt need one

#37 Posted by Degalon (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane does not have a Signature Weapon. he has a Signature Move, the Bat Breaker.

#38 Edited by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Bane would want to depend off a weapon. He channels his body to the peak physical condition. HE is the weapon. Much like Batman. They depend on nothing but themselves.

#39 Posted by KEROGA (1053 posts) - - Show Bio

old rusty pipe?

#40 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I like him not using weapons, but if I had to pick; a big-*ss club.
He'd look a like a troll.
Yeah, but imagine Bane smacking you in the face with a gigantic nightstick-like thing. Your head would fly from your body!
Behold the power of the axe

um,.............................. damn maybe a signiture wepon would be a good thing who know how about powered fist gaugnlets

#41 Posted by _slim_ (13640 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. He doesn't need one.

Online
#42 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs a new costume instead of wearing that ridiculous leotard.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.