Bane Fanboys

#1 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Will their be a flood of Bane fanboys on this site once the new Batman movie comes out?

#2 Edited by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@0blivion_
why would that happen, movie and comic version are entirely different things, but apparently yes bane is getting use more and more in fights above his league
#3 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

@higher_evolutionary said:

@0blivion_: why would that happen, movie and comic version are entirely different things, but apparently yes bane is getting use more and more in fights above his league

Thats why I brought it up, I've started to see a lot more Bane and DK talk lately. the movies not even out yet, I mean was their a flood of joker/wolverine fans when their movies came out?

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they've been here for years I don't see why they'd stop now. I gave up all hope for them when I posted my Bane vs Doomsday fight and no one figured out it was a joke until I actually had to explain it.

#5 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

No, there will simply be a flood of Bane fights.

#6 Edited by entropy_aegis (15341 posts) - - Show Bio

@0blivion_ said:

Will their be a flood of Bane fanboys on this site once the new Batman movie comes out?

Not sure if he'll get fans but as Decoy Elite said his use in the battle threads will increase.@joshmightbe said:

Well they've been here for years I don't see why they'd stop now. I gave up all hope for them when I posted my Bane vs Doomsday fight and no one figured out it was a joke until I actually had to explain it.

That's cause Doomsday is a crap character,which is why it's an insult to Bane when the 2 are compared lol.But really I've seen that thread,it was blatant spite no one was saying that Bane would win.They just pointed out that it was mismatch which led you to call it a joke fight.@higher_evolutionary said:

@0blivion_: why would that happen, movie and comic version are entirely different things, but apparently yes bane is getting use more and more in fights above his league

Hawkman and Karnak are hardly above his league,and he has prep and Punisher on the other thread.But yeah Bane has had a lot of terrible mismatches.

#7 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis
i meant fights like bane vs hulk, bane vs the thing, bane vs spiderman.....
#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: no it was an actual joke from the start which should have been obvious to anyone who read my original post in that thread

#9 Posted by entropy_aegis (15341 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@entropy_aegis: no it was an actual joke from the start which should have been obvious to anyone who read my original post in that thread

and I have no idea how it makes Bane fans look bad.

#10 Posted by progenitor (7549 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure that Bane will gain more popularity after the movie comes out. Considering how popular the Knightfall arc was, he'll definitely get some spotlight. I doubt he'll be as popular as the Joker was, but Ledger's Joker is one hell of an act to follow.

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: It wouldn't by its self, the fact that so many of them took it seriously was the problem, if anyone actually knew anything at all about either character the thread would've been laughed at and forgot about an hour after I put it up. I've since learned not to post throw away threads like that because people take them far more seriously than they should

#12 Posted by entropy_aegis (15341 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@entropy_aegis: It wouldn't by its self, the fact that so many of them took it seriously was the problem, if anyone actually knew anything at all about either character the thread would've been laughed at and forgot about an hour after I put it up. I've since learned not to post throw away threads like that because people take them far more seriously than they should

This can be applied to any character,more of a poster problem than a character problem.

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Oh I have no problem with Bane I think he's a good character I just realize that he's not the power house some of his fans seem to think he is

#14 Posted by daredevil21134 (11925 posts) - - Show Bio

BANE IS AWSOME

#15 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

This can be applied to any character,more of a poster problem than a character problem.

That what he said though.

And yeah, though Bane + Venom is Spectre level and people would do well to remember that.

On a serious note, I don't think there will be a Bane fan flood.

#16 Posted by entropy_aegis (15341 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@entropy_aegis: Oh I have no problem with Bane I think he's a good character I just realize that he's not the power house some of his fans seem to think he is

@ReVamp said:

@entropy_aegis said:

That what he said though.

And yeah, though Bane + Venom is Spectre level and people would do well to remember that.

On a serious note, I don't think there will be a Bane fan flood.

Blame Arkham Asylum.

#17 Edited by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully TDKR will increase his popularity because he's a great character.

#18 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one of the largest comic book information sites on the web. People who are introduced to the character from the worldwide release of this film and take interest in/relate to will be present on the site. Likewise as will renewed Batman, Catwoman and other character fans, and Avenger character ones. A flood and fanboys? Doubtful. Maybe in your perception though, as you indicated seeing a flood of them now, when if you look at their post counts those are longtime members of this site and longtime fans of Bane as well whereas you are actually the new arrival here. They're promotion of Bane obviously has to do with the fact that he's currently in the news, as pretty much everything else talked about with any positive or negative excitement reflects something that is in the news currently.

#19 Posted by Inverno (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

The audience outside the comicbook community only remember Bane from the ungodly Batman & Robin moviem if they even remember him at all from that mess. He will go from nobody to a badass in their eyes when everyone he knows he was always a badass.

#20 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope floods of fanboys don't appear (already have enough Storm fanboys), but I just hope TDKR will justify Bane so people will understand that he isn't a dumb muscled up brute. Though I still think he looks retarded in TDKR.

#21 Posted by TheBane2890 (1958 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind if people talking about or using Bane in their topics or battles or whatever, if they have been a long time fan, but what I do mind is all the people that will jump on his bandwagon due to all the press he's been getting. It's like all the fake Knick's fans that decided to start cheering for them just because Jeremy Lin came out of nowhere. Or all the front runners that become fans of a team going for a championship, even though they never liked them and cheered for a different team the rest of the year.

#22 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (313 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.