Bane appearing in Talon?

#1 Posted by Saren (25280 posts) - - Show Bio

Solicit for the June issue of Talon:

TALON #9
Written by JAMES TYNION IV
Art and cover by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA
1:25 B&W Variant cover by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA
On sale JUNE 26 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
In the aftermath of his encounter with Strix and the Birds of Prey (continuing from this month’s BIRDS OF PREY #21), Calvin is sent on his deadliest mission yet: Retrieve one man from the deadliest island on Earth, Santa Prisca, the home of Bane!
#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, just because he's going to Santa Prisca, that doesn't mean Bane will automatically be there.

Calling it "the home of Bane!" is just a way to draw readers in.

Although I'm not saying it's impossible.

#3 Posted by Saren (25280 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Well, just because he's going to Santa Prisca, that doesn't mean Bane will automatically be there.

Calling it "the home of Bane!" is just a way to draw readers in.

Although I'm not saying it's impossible.

That was my first thought, but Bane hasn't lived in Santa Prisca for a long time, and "home" suggests he lives there now.

#4 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Talon, this sounds cool. Ive been picking it up every month.

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (37319 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it could be mentioning Bane's name for nostalgia as IV said. While you may be right in the aspect that it should imply that is where Bane lives, it is more for the flare that Bane was birthed there to give an idea of how extreme the prison is.

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is just for readers to get the book.

#7 Posted by drgnx (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll run into Bane's butler: Aloysius Worthabuck!

#8 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I really need to catch up on Talon, really like the character though :)

#9 Posted by drgnx (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane and his pockets, beating up Talon, seemed to have disappeared....and I had a whole set-up ready to go based on the ensuing conversation ....

#11 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he appears in many more comics I don't really like talon only really read it for bane

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.