First Look: Animated AXE COP Just in Time for Halloween

Posted by G-Man (35019 posts) - - Show Bio

If you've read any of the AXE COP series, you might have an idea what to expect. The comic started out written by five-year-old Malachai NIcolle and illustrated by his thirty-year-old brother. Dark Horse has been publishing the series.

It turns out that a TV show is in the works. How did I miss this information? It turns out FOX acquired the rights back in April with the plan to run the show next year. The show will be part of ADHD (Animation Domination High Def), a block of animation airing Saturday nights on FOX next year. They currently have a youtube channel and Facebook page you can check out. We received word about the following clip:

It'll be interesting to see how Axe Cop translates to the small screen. There have been some motion comics type videos over at AxeCop.com.

Do you think TV can handle Axe Cop?

Staff
#1 Posted by zachkastner (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Pure gold.

#2 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!!

#3 Posted by Mezmero (937 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty hilarious to hear Ron Swanson's voice out of Axe Cop.

#4 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

Suck it Beware of the Batman, and Avengers Assemble. 

#5 Posted by NightFang (10078 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderful.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33629 posts) - - Show Bio

HAA

#7 Posted by Sergotron (108 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't konw if that is Ron Swanson or someone channeling his character. Regardless its a great choice.

#8 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

yeah except this is going to air with the simpsons and family guy so like most animated things fox tries to do enjoy the first 4 episodes before it gets cancelled.

God I hope this means the Cleavland show is getting cancelled.

#9 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great , can't wait

#10 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL "It can light up the whole world."

#11 Posted by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Ron Swanson>>>>

#12 Posted by EdBlank (540 posts) - - Show Bio

This is weird in a way that leaves me confused. Not so weird that it's obviously bad, but it leaves you in that unsure place wondering if it's brilliant or just random. They HAVE to let the kid write the TV show and not try to steer it in any adult direction.

#13 Posted by The_Tree (7525 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO, that is just great. I especially love that they got Nick Offerman to do the voice.

#14 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout said:

LOL "It can light up the whole world."

#15 Edited by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterKetch: Yeah you're probable right, but who knows. I never thought we get three seasons of Bob's Burgers before it gets cancelled for another Family Guy spin off. I'm just glad that Ax Cop has the same Ax Cop comic feel, and not another Family Guy formula cartoon. I.m looking at you Brinkleberry!
#16 Posted by longbowhunter (7128 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't remember if this was a real thing or not. My son ask me a few weeks ago, "When is the Axe Cop show coming on?" And I was totally confused.

#17 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7021 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

#18 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

next year : i want it now

#19 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2639 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a comic?

#20 Posted by knightofthechronicle (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it.

#21 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations to Ethan for getting his web comic turned into a book and now turned into a cartoon show.

#22 Posted by Master_Funk (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah Nick Offerman. Ron Swanson as Axecop is pretty good I say.

#23 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4741 posts) - - Show Bio

God, it's been a long time since I read Axe Cop. Now if only Ryan North (Dinosaur Comics) and Jeffrey Rowland (Wigu/Overcompensating) would get into the T.V. industry--now that would be gold.

#24 Posted by SoA (4843 posts) - - Show Bio

not too big on the voice but the humor is there , glad axe cop is getting a cartoon

#25 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

O...M....F....G....GENIUS!!!!!!! Made me laugh so hard. Oh Im so following this on YT and FB now!

#26 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited about this!

#27 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would poison candy? From 1051 to 11. Wow!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.