g_man's Axe Cop: Bad Guy Earth #1 - Part One of Three review

So Incredibly Hilarious

"Then I read a book on how to be a cop with an axe."

The Good

There has been a previous Axe Cop story but this is the first I read. This book was so utterly ridiculous I couldn't help but laugh out loud. The idea is the comic is written by a six-year-old and drawn by his thirty-year-old brother. What is this book about? There really isn't a good place to begin. Axe Cop is a cop...with an axe. The regular cops don't like him because they claim he's not a real cop and cops don't use an axe. When a planet appears that could destroy the whole Earth, it's up to Axe Cop and his partner, Dinosaur Soldier to save the day from the Bad Guy Planet, even if "real cops don't do that."

The story is brilliantly written in a way that only a six-year-old could. It's craziness at its best. Ethan Nicolle's art manages to keep up with outrageous story and you will be left wanting more.

The Bad

The story is ridiculous and absurd. That's the charm of it but towards the end it almost gets to be a bit too much. There is a thread to the story but the pacing almost makes it go from one crazy situation to the next. This can easily be overlooked as the book is just so much fun.

Get ready for a comic unlike anything you've seen before. The comic, written by a six-year-old, is so over the top with its crazy shenanigans that you won't be able to resist laughing out loud. Comics often become variations on the same theme. Axe Cop is definitely something different. It doesn't follow the familiar formula often seen in other books and the crazy pacing will keep you on your toes as there's no way to predict what will happen next. This book is so absurd that it deserves to be read again and again. I need more Axe Cop in my life.
Posted by longbowhunter

I've been reading the Axe Cop webcomic from time to time for awhile now. Never have I bought it in print. If this hadnt been such a heavy week I would have loved to of picked this up.
Online
Posted by playdohsrepublic

I want this! I love the webcomic to little bitty pieces.