Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7694 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Would it be right or wrong to add Spider man to Avengers 3?

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ascended

Does anybody support adding Spider-man to a future Avengers movie? I actually would love to see Spider-man in the Avengers in a crossover, but I really don't want Garfield's Spider-man in there and I'm pretty sure a good number of Spidey fans out there also don't want Garfield in there as well cause we're not really a big fan of him. So do you think they should just chuck Garfield's Spider-man in the Avengers if they can or should they just wait until we have another actor playing Spidey after Garfield is gone?

I do not feel that Garfield is a Spidey icon as much as RDJ is to Iron Man, Chris Evans to Capt, and Mark Ruffalo to Hulk.

I personally am going to feel disappointed if Sony and Marvel decide to add Garfield's Spider-man into an Avengers movie. His two awful Spider-man movies were already hard enough for some of us to stomach through.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) You're being a little too hard on Garfield.

2) Never cared for Spidey as an Avenger. Plus, Ant-Man and Wasp aren't even in the movies, yet.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By THORSON

its 2014 and people are still not understanding the film rights.

only sony can make spiderman movies

only fox can make fantastic 4 movies and x-men movies.

Marvel studios/Disney has rights to make anything else.

the only way spider man can come back to marvel studios/disney is if they stop making a movie for over 4 years. Plus these companies are making tons with x-men, spiderman so why would they give them up even after terrible movies.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ascended

Fan bases of the current Spider-man kind of cringes me you know. When the first two Spider-man movies came out in 2002 and 2004, people were highly praising them and now they're tossing the value of the old movies away for the new movies now (which are terrible compared to the first ones).

For those people who say Tobey Maguire was a bad choice for the role, which I won't argue with, I also do not think Garfield is a great choice either. I've been more miserable with Garfield than I was with Maguire so far.

When will the cunts at Sony ever learn that Marvel can choose better casts than they can if Spider-man goes back to where he belongs.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Spiderman isn't really an Avenger anyway keep him where he is

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Spiderman isn't really an Avenger anyway keep him where he is

Spider-man's been one of the most consistent Avengers since 2005, he's been a main character on at least 4 or 5 Avengers teams in that time, and that's only counting teams in the main continuity. He's probably been an Avenger more often than any other character in the past decade.

While I personally don't think the Avengers need Spider-man for the movies, I would be more interested in seeing him in movies with them than in the ham-fisted teen dramas that Sony's using him for.

I liked the first Spider-man movie and I loved Spider-man 2, but there hasn't been one as good as either of those since 2004; whereas marvel's movies have (mostly) just gotten better and better in that time.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Kinda sucks we can't see chemistry between Wolverine and Spidey onscreen but sadly that's the world we live in. And you have a point id rather have him with the avengers than being thrown into whatever sony's tryna do

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Kinda sucks we can't see chemistry between Wolverine and Spidey onscreen but sadly that's the world we live in. And you have a point id rather have him with the avengers than being thrown into whatever sony's tryna do

Much as I always loved the chemistry between him and Wolverine, I'd be just as happy to see him interact with Cap', Iron Man, or Thor.

Or especially Luke Cage. Spidey could actually be even cooler with the netflicks Defenders characters (who are kinda the New Avengers anyway). That would actually interest me more than seeing him in the MCU Avengers.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want spiderman in avengers but not Garfield. He's not horrible but he's not good, and Maguire was better.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideysense44:

I would just hope that if they did introduce Spidey into the MCU they'd have the good sense to not bother rolling out yet another origin story just for the sake of having an official Marvel version.

There's already at least two serviceable versions of his origin, and, like Superman or Batman, most people basically know his story anyways. They'd do just as well to just introduce him into the story with no back-story of his own, or one that was simply an explanation between the characters, and then people could just assume whichever version they preferred was the story he came from.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideysense44:

I would just hope that if they did introduce Spidey into the MCU they'd have the good sense to not bother rolling out yet another origin story just for the sake of having an official Marvel version.

There's already at least two serviceable versions of his origin, and, like Superman or Batman, most people basically know his story anyways. They'd do just as well to just introduce him into the story with no back-story of his own, or one that was simply an explanation between the characters, and then people could just assume whichever version they preferred was the story he came from.

YES! No more spidey origins just jump right into it, and start off with Mary Jane not Gwen

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES! No more spidey origins just jump right into it, and start off with Mary Jane not Gwen

if it even mattered to the story, I'd definitely go with MJ over Gwen; let Gwen stay another tragedy of his past that needn't be rehashed.

or Felicia, since it'd be some superhero team-up anyway.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ascended

@oldnightcrawler: If Spidey goes back to Marvel, do you think Dylan O Brien should play Spider-man? I actually want to see him fare with the origins actually even if it means to tell it again for the sake of it. He would probably make a much much much more interesting Spider-man than Garfield ever will.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@oldnightcrawler: If Spidey goes back to Marvel, do you think Dylan O Brien should play Spider-man? I actually want to see him fare with the origins actually even if it means to tell it again for the sake of it. He would probably make a much much much more interesting Spider-man than Garfield ever will.

I don't buy Garfield as Peter Parker, but I don't mind his Spider-man. I guess someone else could do it better, but the MCU's pretty well cast at this point, so I'd tend to give them the benefit of the doubt with that.

I just don't think Spider-man's origin is something that needs to be retold yet again.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

I don't buy Garfield as Peter Parker, but I don't mind his Spider-man. I guess someone else could do it better, but the MCU's pretty well cast at this point, so I'd tend to give them the benefit of the doubt with that.

I just don't think Spider-man's origin is something that needs to be retold yet again.

Yes! Please stop, we get it. Radioactive spider, blah blah blah...

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MarvelMan92

@jayc1324: maguire was just bland. Just a wooden portrayal as Peter

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.