Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Will the next x-men movie will be better than the avengers?

Lucas996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Lucas996

, i think that's true, and you , what do you think about it ? i'll be ? or no ? i think yeaah' ! :)

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JohnnyGat

I'd say no.

Lucas996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lucas996

@JohnnyGat: why ?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deaditegonzo

An Xmen movie could never be as good as the Avengers movie because it was an impossibly good super hero team up movie. The likelihood of catching lightning in a bottle like that twice is low. Also, Marvel Studios was behind the Avengers, with Joss Whedon at the helm, both of them have a spotless record so far as making movies/shows, Xmen movies have a record of sucking, except for the most recent one, which screwed up the timeline.

And lastly, the reason above all else, WOLVERINE. Fanboys are so hardcore about him, that just like in Singer's Xmen movies, he will get WAY more attention than any other character, and that just totally ruins a "team" movie. This is why First Class worked, because Wolverine WASNT in it. He has a part in the upcoming film, so I predict a Wolverine wank-fest. The Avengers didnt have any one character like that, except maybe Iron Man, but Whedon handled/ balanced him like a boss.

So, my prediction is that, the best we can hope for is it not sucking.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By mk111

Yeah, no. Avengers was too awesome. X-Men Days of Future Past will be good, but not that good.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Lucas996: I think so. I really have high hopes for this film. The cast is already better than the Avengers. The directer is a strong one. The budget is large. I can't wait to see what happens.

2ndKentucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 2ndKentucky

They are two totally different films. Lets be honest, The Avengers along with the likes of Iron man, Thor and Captain America (movies) were about three quarters action and one quarter comedy. I would say there was even more comedy in the Avengers than the others. The X-Men movies meanwhile have a much different feel to it, much more serious and trying to handle classic X-Men topics like discrimination and such. I feel that the next X-Men movie will be awesome in its own genre. But what the question is asking it comparing apples and oranges.

Plus I like the comment above about "catching lightning in a bottle". The Avengers had the right team behind it to accomplish its goals. Not saying X-Men doesn't have a good team, they are just different.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By soduh2

As long as Wolverine isn't given too much focus. Which is asking for a lot.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JohnnyGat

@Lucas996 said:

@JohnnyGat: why ?

The Avengers had good build up the movies that came before it to set it up were made in a way that many people considered quality movies. Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor, Captain America, all these not only were quality movies but help create this sense of a larger universe that when these guys are put together it's like an ensemble. Each of these characters were the big stars in their respective films and suddenly these stars are working together. Plus they were handled mostly by Marvel studios who have shown that they are willing to heavily support their films.

Now look at how the next X-films are built up. It will take into account and reuse actors from the previous trilogy at least that's what I got from when the director was thanking that they let certain characters live while mentioning the actors names specifically. The previous trilogy of X-films were not as well received as the individual films that Cap, Ironman and Thor had, second despite it being quite good X-Men first class showed me one thing is that Fox never goes all out in their support for these films. Look at the costume designs for First Class plus the inconsistencies with other films considering their applying both trilogy and first class into the mix let's assume their putting the Wolverine films as part of their universes canon. Beast transforms immediately into his blue feline appearance in FC, In X1 a cameo shows him in his human form, in X3 his blue mutation is more in like to his Blue Beast form rather than the feline. In FC Emma was the White Queen an adult mind you, in X-men Origins: Wolverine she was a teenager sister to Silver Fox, in the X trilogy she was nowhere to be seen.

My point is that yes it is possible that the next X film could be the best superhero film made but the probability still implies that it won't. Fox just hasn't decided yet what is and isn't canon, they have shown they're cautious with fully going all out with their films. And from a story telling standpoint it's a film that immediately aims to go for a team feeling meaning that the adequate screentime some characters need to have to just receive proper development might be minimized in favor of more Wolverine and such. The risk of throwing in as many characters is also there given the nature of the X-men.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@JohnnyGat: And let's not forget the absolutely TEPID portyayal of Cyclops in the movies.

It's like they deliberately wanted to make him look like a complete moron and douchebag, miles away from the character in the comics.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#11  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

The next X-Men movie might be better than the Avengers, but like everyone else said, the reason why the Avengers movie did so well was because they had many solo films for all the characters introduced including Iron Man, Captain America and Hulk. Therefore, by the time that the Avengers movie came out, fans already knew the characters and it was much easier to focus on all the characters now that their back stories were already told. With X-Men, what Fox should have done in the first place was to give each X-Men character (besides Wolverine) their own solo films so that way, when an actual X-Men film comes by that has the X-Men as a team, the fans would already know who the characters are and it should be easier to allow more screen time with all the characters. I think the best bet for the next X-Men film to be as successful as the Avengers movie, is if each X-Men character has an equal amount of screen time and for the character to interact with each other in a way that would make them interesting.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

I doubt it.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#13  Edited By Mighty Thorion

It would have to be a hell of a movie to top the Avengers which was totally awesome!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Mighty Thorion said:

It would have to be a hell of a movie to top the Avengers which was totally awesome!

I agree! The Avengers movie was just too good!

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Suprman

The Avengers had a LOT of build up going in, X-Men has had some but not a lot. I still think it will be good though

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#16  Edited By TheCannon
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Singer writing the movie, it will just be another Wolverine and X-men movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Incredibly unlikely.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@Death Certificate: lol I was gonna say the same. X-Men First Class was an X-Men movie. This one's a Wolverine And The X-Men movie lol.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Avenger85 said:

@Death Certificate: lol I was gonna say the same. X-Men First Class was an X-Men movie. This one's a Wolverine And The X-Men movie lol.

Which ironic considering how both the cartoon and comic did a better at developing characters, better than any of Singer's movies.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By xxxddd

No.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By evilvegeta74

@TheCannon said:

No Caption Provided
    lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lilben42

tbh the next xmen movie looks chaotic and complicated with all the characters and rumored plots but who knows?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@lilben42 said:

tbh the next xmen movie looks chaotic and complicated with all the characters and rumored plots but who knows?

I agree. If they stick with the original story, maybe it might have a chance of beating the Avengers but, if they don't figure out how to make the plot even better than the Avengers, then it won't be as good.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By desmond006

The X-men movie is doing time travel, and that's a tough road road to go own. Lets say it works out though, the X-men movie might be better story wise, but it will be difficult to top the avenger awesomeness.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheGodofThunder

No. Singer sucks. He made 2 terrible x-men movies. Why would this be any better. Why would anyone one have faith in the guy that made superman returns?

Lucas996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lucas996

@ TheCannon : I think yes!

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
    Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I think so, X-Men 2 is still better than Avengers. The Avengers wasn't as great as people make it out to be.

MSzekeresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By MSzekeresh

@TheGodofThunder: No. Singer sucks. He made 2 terrible x-men movies. Why would this be any better.

Agreed.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By tg1982

I seriously doubt it. The best X-Men movie, IMO, is X-Men First Class and it doesn't even compare to Avengers, Hell Cap's solo film actually did better than X-Man First Class in theaters. The biggest problem for the X-Men movies as some others have said is they lacked balance for their characters not named Wolverine. And I don't think that will change.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray: You must hate action movies, lol.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By evilvegeta74

@TheGodofThunder said:

Agreed! Strongly!! lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cattlebattle

It probably will be...in my mind at least. Most of the X-Men films tend to have much more depth and plot substance than the Avengers had. I liked the Avengers and all, but at face value...its just a summer blockbuster.....nothing more

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By joshmightbe

The next X-men movie is so far looking like its going to be a crowded mess of a movie but hey Sentinels.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By joshmightbe

@tg1982: So I'm not alone in thinking they should go a head and call the new Wolverine movie 'Wolverine part 5'?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@joshmightbe said:

@tg1982: So I'm not alone in thinking they should go a head and call the new Wolverine movie 'Wolverine part 5'?

They may as well since the first few X-men movies were heavily focused on Wolverine.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By joshmightbe

@Rabbitearsblog: He was the main character in all but First Class

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Rabbitearsblog said:

@joshmightbe said:

They may as well since the first few X-men movies were heavily focused on Wolverine.

Thats because those movies were made in a different time. When those movies came out, especially the first one, they had no idea how a super hero movie like that would preform. So naturally having Wolverine, who is forever the X-Mens most notable and bankable character as the main attraction was the right move. Then with the success of the first film, Hugh Jackmans career sky rocketed, there is no way in hell he would have signed on for a lesser role in the following movies, and he was contracted as well.
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#39  Edited By Teerack
    tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By tg1982

@joshmightbe said:

Nope. You're not alone, I agree.

Avatar image for justin_credible
    Justin_Credible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Justin_Credible

No, not a chance.

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
    Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@evilvegeta74 said:

@TheGodofThunder said:

Agreed! Strongly!! lol

If you check my lists you'll find a comic book film one, I believe these qualify as action?

I just don't think it was as good as everybody makes it out to be. Not saying it was bad, but there are far superior films out there, hundreds that are better to be honest. At the end of the day it was a CGI-heavy blockbuster, It was pretty much about superheroes bitching to each and having pointless arguments. Eventually, the death of Agent Coulson causes them unite and save the world? Shouldn't their motivation be " Loki has escaped! people are in danger! Let's save them"? This however was not, IN MY OPINION, the worst thing about the film. Undoubtedly that was; Iron Man, (played by the "actor" who is pretty much paid for being himself) he was the lead character in the film... Everybody else in the film? Just supporting characters I'm afraid. Including, the leader of The Avengers; Captain America! Who, by the way, hasn't got the best shot for a "Super-Soldier" he was more like like a "Super-Gymnast" or something.

Another thing was Bruce Banner... He was all of a sudden able to turn into the Hulk? Why? Because the story demands it! Plus, he just happened to turn up on a motorbike... Convenient? I'm not saying Mark Ruffalo did a bad job, on the contrary I think he did brilliantly and I look forward to the next Hulk solo film.

The Iron Man and Thor fight was ridiculous, Thor could destroy him without even trying... but I guess Marvel can't let their most popular character (with the General Audience) lose... Can they? Evidently not. Iron Man was the hero of the story, he was in the spotlight all the time.

Hawkeye and Black Widow pretty much did nothing. They weren't even supporting characters! Even Jeremy Renner has voiced his opinion of his role; "At the end of the day, 90% of the movie, I’m not the character I signed on to play." I cannot agree with you more, Jeremy.

I admit that I really loved the film the first time around... Then I watched it again, and thought it was just good but then, I liked it even less on my 3rd viewing, especially once I started to actually think about it.

I don't hate the film I just don't understand people's borderline obsession with it, was it the greatest film ever as some people say? No way, it's not even the best superhero film. Don't bother replying to me, you won't get a response, I won't even read your message. I'm sick of having to voice my OPINION..

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Rumble Man
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By Strider1992

Nope won't even come close imo.

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now look at how the next X-films are built up. It will take into account and reuse actors from the previous trilogy at least that's what I got from when the director was thanking that they let certain characters live while mentioning the actors names specifically. The previous trilogy of X-films were not as well received as the individual films that Cap, Ironman and Thor had, second despite it being quite good X-Men first class showed me one thing is that Fox never goes all out in their support for these films. Look at the costume designs for First Class plus the inconsistencies with other films considering their applying both trilogy and first class into the mix let's assume their putting the Wolverine films as part of their universes canon. Beast transforms immediately into his blue feline appearance in FC, In X1 a cameo shows him in his human form, in X3 his blue mutation is more in like to his Blue Beast form rather than the feline. In FC Emma was the White Queen an adult mind you, in X-men Origins: Wolverine she was a teenager sister to Silver Fox, in the X trilogy she was nowhere to be seen.

My point is that yes it is possible that the next X film could be the best superhero film made but the probability still implies that it won't. Fox just hasn't decided yet what is and isn't canon, they have shown they're cautious with fully going all out with their films. And from a story telling standpoint it's a film that immediately aims to go for a team feeling meaning that the adequate screentime some characters need to have to just receive proper development might be minimized in favor of more Wolverine and such. The risk of throwing in as many characters is also there given the nature of the X-men.

I agree with this!

I'm sorry, but am I the only person not seeing this movie work? First of all they don't even have the right characters for this story line. It's just going to be completely chaotic. First Class COMPLETELY ruined the timeline. In my opinion the first 2 X-Men movies were better. Everyone's hating on Singer, but does no one remember the complete shitwreck of a movie The Last Stand was when Ratner did it? That movie was soooo terrible and so wrong on so many levels. I feel like if you want to do the Days of Future Past story line and really pull it off, it needs to be accurate, and there is no way that is going to happen. Especially since First Class messed up everything.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46  Edited By lorex

As a long time X-Men fan it pains me to say this but the current X-Men movie in development seems to me like they are throwing a lot of stuff together like they did with First Class so the studio can keep the movie rights but there is not overall long term plan like whats inplace with the Avengers. I feel that they are using a big X-Men story like Days of Future Past but are doing nothing to build upto it and I doubt there will be any plan to follow up afterward. I feel the Avengers movies with Marvel in tight control with a clear plan will be more successful by far. I am not saying the the next X-Men movie will be bad but I seriously doubt it will be better than the next Avengers movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.